20,308 posts
13,793 battles

Beauty~

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,725 posts
9,466 battles

Up 4014 was picked since the museum she ended up at kept her in really nice condition. Also some of the big boys had pieces cut or welded so they couldn't be restored.

[-BRS-]
Members
2,380 posts
15,372 battles

I'm gonna have to figure out when it's running again and go look at it, only about 50 miles from where I live.

There's nothing better than a steam locomotive, wow

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,251 posts
25 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

I'm gonna have to figure out when it's running again and go look at it, only about 50 miles from where I live.

There's nothing better than a steam locomotive, wow

No. 4014's first excursion run is to take place around May 2019 during "The Great Race to Ogden".[30] Following a 9:30 a.m. MT christening ceremony on May 4 at the historic Cheyenne Depot, No. 4014 will depart for Ogden, Utah, making several brief stops in communities along the way.[30] I

Looks like today would have been a good day to be there... sorry you missed the christening. 

BTW - it IS running again - see first sentence about her first excursion run! Wooooooo... 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles

Another beautiful piece of American History saved ….. YEAH BABY!

[-BRS-]
Members
2,380 posts
15,372 battles
21 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

No. 4014's first excursion run is to take place around May 2019 during "The Great Race to Ogden".[30] Following a 9:30 a.m. MT christening ceremony on May 4 at the historic Cheyenne Depot, No. 4014 will depart for Ogden, Utah, making several brief stops in communities along the way.[30] I

Looks like today would have been a good day to be there... sorry you missed the christening. 

BTW - it IS running again - see first sentence about her first excursion run! Wooooooo... 

Ugh if I had only known and here I am doing yard work shakes fist in the air

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,686 posts
10,769 battles

The DM&IR Yellowstone's 2-8-8-4 were stronger but none of the remaining ones are road worthy.

tr_dmir224.jpg

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,725 posts
9,466 battles

I just learned how to be a fireman on one of these. 

hqdefault5DQBT4JM.jpg.8b0d94c7a736491d2695847f2eb1d97d.jpg

• Cool 1

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
305 posts
3,946 battles

I am hoping one day they will restored the Great Northern S2 to operation but it be a long shot 

8883.gn-4_2D00_8_2D00_4-2584-front.JPG 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,251 posts

@Mheetu I want everything of any possible historical value restored! Think back to those eras of machines... it's amazing what they created.

Then there is this: 

The T1 Trust is constructing PRR T1 5550. Slated to become the fifty-third locomotive of its class when complete, 5550 combines stunning art deco design with a unique 4-4-4-4 wheel arrangement. The goal is simple; to provide mainline steam excursion service, and to set the World Speed Record for a steam locomotive.

https://prrt1steamlocomotivetrust.org/

They are building a brand new version of this beast... from scratch! 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,251 posts

Even more new video... this one's different but dang listen to those whistles... 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,646 posts
8,301 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 8:32 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

@Mheetu I want everything of any possible historical value restored! Think back to those eras of machines... it's amazing what they created.

Then there is this: 

The T1 Trust is constructing PRR T1 5550. Slated to become the fifty-third locomotive of its class when complete, 5550 combines stunning art deco design with a unique 4-4-4-4 wheel arrangement. The goal is simple; to provide mainline steam excursion service, and to set the World Speed Record for a steam locomotive.

praise-be.jpg

to those that are building this beauty

Edited by tcbaker777

[5IN]
Supertester
1,973 posts
9,163 battles

If you like trains, and live in the Midwest USA, check out the Illinois Railway Museum.  They don't have a big boy, but they do have a Zephyr (Nebraska Zephyr), as well as a ton of other really cool equipment.  Website is http://www.irm.org.

B

[ERN]
Members
627 posts
8,728 battles

It's awesome to see her riding the rails again!

I remember seeing her at her previous home at the county fair grounds when I was a kid, I couldn't comprehend the sheer size and beauty of that beast when I saw her through my childish eyes... it was an incredible experience!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,686 posts
10,769 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 7:32 AM, Herr_Reitz said:

Then there is this: 

The people involved in this are completely nuts but in a way that I love. :Smile_great:

• Funny 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.