You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jfoxx114

Battle timer in WoWB? (Mobile)

2 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
288 battles

Hey let me start off with if this isn't allowed to just take it down, this is my first post.

So I was wondering why World of Warships Blitz for mobile has such a short timer when the PC version does not.

I thought a short timer would be rendered practically useless because of cap points.

I can kinda understand the argument of a lone destroyer fleeing away but why would you chase it? You can just guard the cap(s) until you win through cap points.

It's just that more often than not that there's one enemy ship left but the timer is only a few seconds on the clock so my team wouldn't win because the lone ship fled away to win by timer. There are situations where this happens when my team would have won from caps but enemy points are still ahead by the time the timer goes down.

So you may have the numbers and/or maybe even caps but you still fail.

I mean, maybe there are some people out there would argue "git gud" or something else elitist but we're talking the whole player-base here, not the people clocking 300+ hours y'know? In WoWB we don't have a chat to actually type with either we only have a pre-select chat, so it's hard to coordinate with teammates given the lack of communication ability that the PC version does not have.

TD:LR; Can somebody explain to me why WoWB doesn't have a lengthier timer please? maybe 10 or 15 minutes instead?

Thank you!

Community Department
2,577 posts
759 battles
2 hours ago, Jfoxx114 said:

Hey let me start off with if this isn't allowed to just take it down, this is my first post.

So I was wondering why World of Warships Blitz for mobile has such a short timer when the PC version does not.

I thought a short timer would be rendered practically useless because of cap points.

I can kinda understand the argument of a lone destroyer fleeing away but why would you chase it? You can just guard the cap(s) until you win through cap points.

It's just that more often than not that there's one enemy ship left but the timer is only a few seconds on the clock so my team wouldn't win because the lone ship fled away to win by timer. There are situations where this happens when my team would have won from caps but enemy points are still ahead by the time the timer goes down.

So you may have the numbers and/or maybe even caps but you still fail.

I mean, maybe there are some people out there would argue "git gud" or something else elitist but we're talking the whole player-base here, not the people clocking 300+ hours y'know? In WoWB we don't have a chat to actually type with either we only have a pre-select chat, so it's hard to coordinate with teammates given the lack of communication ability that the PC version does not have.

TD:LR; Can somebody explain to me why WoWB doesn't have a lengthier timer please? maybe 10 or 15 minutes instead?

Thank you!

Blitz format just presupposes the game to be rapid and dynamic. Also as far as I know, at the moment there are no plans to increase the time of random battles.
As this is a different project I guess it would be suitable for you to get all the details here: Google playApp Store, Facebook.
You are free to contact me via PM if you have any additional questions. 

• Cool 1