Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Droz1937

Negative Karma

8 comments in this topic

[RTR]
Beta Testers
151 posts
4,770 battles

My dad was telling me today that he lost two karma in a battle in which he had an amazing battle. He also told me that many people are giving negative karma to people just because they are playing a CV. Is there nothing to balance this? The children are allowed to give poor karma to the undeserving? Makes me sad that I try and do the right thing and giving just due...enemy or ally.

• Bad 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
4 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Karma is meaningless.  Just ignore it.

This.

Also it's the internet.  Give the people of the internet anything that they can troll, they are going to do it instantly and as often as possible.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,495 posts
14,611 battles
10 minutes ago, Droz1937 said:

He also told me that many people are giving negative karma to people just because they are playing a CV. Is there nothing to balance this? 

Over the past three years I've only had one person follow me back to port to say they reported me.  It was a red player....and the sole reason for the report was I played CV.  Oh, and by the way, reds won!  

People will report for whatever reason they wish.  Some reds report good play against them.  

But there is something to balance it.  The large majority of players who recognize good play can give good karma for good play.  I use most of my ELEVEN karma every day.  The way to overcome the griefers  who use karma in malicious fashion is to simply SWAMP them.

In short, virtual bullies can be overcome by the masses of nice players.  

• Cool 2

[CUTE]
Members
2,301 posts
10,052 battles

You gotta pay the CV tax. It's just how it is.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,914 battles

Unfortunate and childish, but as mentioned karma has no effect other than how many points you can distribute to others.

Sign in to follow this