Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
verkhne

AL Commanders

13 comments in this topic

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
317 posts
6,663 battles

So got two crates with the participation quest. Dunkerque and Saratoga commanders dropped...but where are they ? I don't see them in either a ship or reserve?

[KSA]
Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles
1 minute ago, verkhne said:

So got two crates with the participation quest. Dunkerque and Saratoga commanders dropped...but where are they ? I don't see them in either a ship or reserve?

Sure it's Captains and not collection pieces ?

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,003 posts
5,775 battles

the normal crates don't give commanders,only rich club only premium crates give out commanders.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,449 posts
4,362 battles

The non-Premium AL crates (the blue one) does NOT give out any commanders. As others already said, the ones you got are just pieces for AL collection, which you can view under the Profile tab at your port.

If you really want to gamble with RNGesus for some AL collab captains, you're gonna have to pay a real money for the Premium AL crates, i.e. the yellow ones. You can find them in the Premium Shop. They're quite pricey, so please be aware of it ahead of time, if you ever decide to give it a go.

[KNMSU]
Members
5,280 posts
5,531 battles
2 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

The non-Premium AL crates (the blue one) does NOT give out any commanders. As others already said, the ones you got are just pieces for AL collection, which you can view under the Profile tab at your port.

If you really want to gamble with RNGesus for some AL collab captains, you're gonna have to pay a real money for the Premium AL crates, i.e. the yellow ones. You can find them in the Premium Shop. They're quite pricey, so please be aware of it ahead of time, if you ever decide to give it a go.

I wonder what it must be like to play this game and not have to worry about money. Like... you're a multi-millionaire IRL, or something. To just look at these packs and be like "no big! CHA-CHING!"

[ARP2]
Members
1,360 posts
3,637 battles
8 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I wonder what it must be like to play this game and not have to worry about money. Like... you're a multi-millionaire IRL, or something. To just look at these packs and be like "no big! CHA-CHING!"

Its all about budgeting.  Always include hobby money.  Also, dont have kids, those things are expensive to maintain, or so im told.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,003 posts
5,775 battles
12 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

you can ask any "whale" and they will answer "because i have a job".

i believe there is a lot of things going on  like :

-his/her lifestyle  might be simpler

-he/she is retired

-their bills(electricity,water,internet,etc) and essential goods are not really expensive,allowing them some freedom with their money.

-they are rich.

-they have a well paying job

-they are addicted

and many other things.

besides 90 or 100 dollars is pretty ok to the typical american citizen that like video game.

spending R$350 reais(90 dollars= R$354) on virtual good is almost insanity here in brazil.

you can't survive with a low minimum wage alone here so..

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,449 posts
4,362 battles
33 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

The answer you're looking for is this:

23 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Its all about budgeting.  Always include hobby money.

And this:

24 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

"because i have a job".

I'm actually not a whale. Well... I guess I'm kind-of-a-whale who just doesn't buy every Premium ship or spend money on this game every single month. But I did spend nearly $200 this month for the AL Second Wave commander bundle, the ship-only bare basic bundle for Yukikaze, and the ship-only bare basic bundle for Montpelier as well. I already have all the AL commanders from the first wave, and since I didn't want any duplicate for them, the Armada bundle, or the First Wave bundle, or the RNG container(s) was of no interest for me.

How did I do it? Well, as quoted, budgeting. And a stable job, lol. We all knew the second part of the AL collab was coming, well ahead of time, so I started making plans ahead of time. That's simply it. It's not a rokkit sciens, lel.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts
53 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Realistically, many of the people who blow money on the game can't really afford it, but feel like they have to stay up with the Whales....

Common issue in many games, I knew far too many people who blew 1000's in EvE for SC's and Titan's then soon have issues financial, and often marital too.....:Smile_amazed:

Edited by awiggin

[KNMSU]
Members
5,280 posts
5,531 battles
58 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Realistically, many of the people who blow money on the game can't really afford it, but feel like they have to stay up with the Whales....

Common issue in many games, I knew far too many people who blew 1000's in EvE for SC's and Titan's then soon have issues financial, and often marital too.....:Smile_amazed:

Why would you self-fund a titan? They're useless solo, and benefit an entire corporation...

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts
13 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

Why would you self-fund a titan? They're useless solo, and benefit an entire corporation...

To be cool.......:Smile_facepalm:

[AR15]
Members
432 posts
8,180 battles
2 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

I have a good job, my employer is generous with bonus', my cars are paid for, I like chicken, and I owe very little on my house. I've bought premiums in the past but i refuse to do so any more. They just aren't worth it to me.

Edited by CBSDracster
  • Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
286 posts
8,257 battles
3 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

It's pretty cool. 

Job, budget, plus a couple retirement pensions. Disposable income is earned and spent the way we want to. Whales remember what it was like to be poor, that's why we don't deride people who are F2P like F2P people deride whales.   Biggest way: Budget, no matter how much money you have, a smart budget always works best. 

Also, I live in a country that doesn't have Starbucks....so, ya know, THAT is a big help :fish_aqua: 

Sign in to follow this