You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
commodore_torakula

What's with the bots lately?

6 comments in this topic

Members
1,318 posts
9,888 battles

Forgive me if this has already been brought up elsewhere, but the bots seem to be markedly better the past couple weeks.  Half of me wants to say they're not, because I've noticed no announcement on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining things.  It's a somewhat welcome change from the usual PvE milk run, but I wanted to get the straight dope here.  ....thanks in advance.

[GOB]
Members
332 posts

You are not imagining it and I personally LOVE it.  Mostly.

They are using more of the tactics I see in Random and that is why I play  COOP to get better ( less jerks there quarterbacking from the sidelines after they get deleted too.).  Sometimes though their SUPER ESP is a bit much.  Instant detected and 5 ships delete you in 5 seconds.   I was FAR away from a Bot in my Stealth NC and it matched me turn for turn on an intercept course... I killed him but he knew EXACTLY where I was LONG before I was detected...  Still I am seeing them play better and I am getting better too.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[GT99]
Members
555 posts
7,342 battles

It's not the bots, it's the other teammates. I have played some coop lately and it starts with 8 team members but only 2 or 3 really do anything, so essentially it is 2 or 3 against 8. It's a lot more fun but I think that is what you are seeing.

Members
1,318 posts
9,888 battles

Really?....I mean it begs the question--they would've announced it right?....but the difference is marked....the last one I lost we had 5 players get a kill or two, but the last Missouri standing just didn't have the hp to stand up to the last bot Yamato....

[N-W-T]
Members
1,369 posts
5,824 battles

I have seen no difference. They're always accurate with their fire, but still do dumb predictable things like charging through smoke or coming to a halt when they get close to other ships. 

[WOLF2]
Members
3,076 posts
14,806 battles
1 hour ago, commodore_torakula said:

Forgive me if this has already been brought up elsewhere, but the bots seem to be markedly better the past couple weeks.  Half of me wants to say they're not, because I've noticed no announcement on it, but I'm pretty sure I'm not imagining things.  It's a somewhat welcome change from the usual PvE milk run, but I wanted to get the straight dope here.  ....thanks in advance.

The green bots are autistic and the red bots are cheaters - this is a known fact 

• Cool 1