You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

just for fun, FXP

24 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
2,497 posts
7,240 battles

I wanted to know how much it would cost for doubloons to convert my elite XP to free XP. After double checking my math the total was $1004.07. Now I have the $4.07 on hand:Smile_great:. If anyone has a $1000 laying around they're looking to give away, well......  I'm sure this is common to players with a lot of battles under their belt.

I depleted my FXP making my 1st 19pt commander. If the need arises I can purchase the amount of doubloons to make conversion.

• Funny 2

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,432 posts
20,879 battles

Someone needs to support free game play might as well be you too...….

[CLARE]
Members
305 posts

You can have some very nice interest rates on a saving account, I have seen 2.35%, 2.4% and even 2.5%.

So.

To make 1k USD a month at 2.5% APY you would need to deposit 480k USD.  Assuming interest rate don't change (go down).  This is a saving account, not a CD.  So once you get your 1k, you can move your money back to where ever.

[WOLF5]
Members
580 posts
16,510 battles

If you can wait a couple of days, FXP conversion is 35:1, so you only need $717.20 (possibly less, since one of the last daily rewards is 50 doubloons.)

[O7]
Members
993 posts
14,161 battles

I need help too. It would take $8,048.06 to convert all my XP to FreeXP...

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
7,390 posts
13,567 battles

It would cost me $3334.91 to convert all of my ship XP at the current rate. This quite succinctly explains why I never convert XP.

[GOB]
Members
306 posts

OK...so I know they need to make money here but what the hell is this for?  No one is going to spend $8,000 to convert so why do they set it up so that you keep getting it as if it means anything?  Funny how everytime I mention that this game costs money there are always a few troll mocking saying that it's free to play.   Sure its free  yeah sure. lemme know when I can convert for free.

[CLARE]
Members
305 posts
16 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

OK...so I know they need to make money here but what the hell is this for?  No one is going to spend $8,000 to convert so why do they set it up so that you keep getting it as if it means anything?  Funny how everytime I mention that this game costs money there are always a few troll mocking saying that it's free to play.   Sure its free  yeah sure. lemme know when I can convert for free.

Micro transactions.

Lots of little transactions.  4.15 USD for two days of premium time on a weekend here.  1.99 USD for Tachibana Lima there...

[ODIN]
Members
1,315 posts
3,206 battles
37 minutes ago, ij70 said:

You can have some very nice interest rates on a saving account, I have seen 2.35%, 2.4% and even 2.5%.

So.

To make 1k USD a month at 2.5% APY you would need to deposit 480k USD.  Assuming interest rate don't change (go down).  This is a saving account, not a CD.  So once you get your 1k, you can move your money back to where ever.

How long to grow $4.07 to $1004.07?

[TDRB]
Members
2,497 posts
7,240 battles
6 hours ago, ij70 said:

So.

You think I could get my interest paid in doubloons?

Somewhere in the 23rd century with today's interest rates :Smile_sad:

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
11 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

10 hours ago, ij70 said:

Micro transactions.

Lots of little transactions.  4.15 USD for two days of premium time on a weekend here.  1.99 USD for Tachibana Lima there...

This.

And say that you are 225k FXP short on getting Azuma or Alaska. $30 is not a big deal for you to spend, so a 1:35 FXP sale gets you 227k FXP and you don't have to wait to get the ship you want. Doesn't matter if you have $8000 worth of ESXP that you can convert, that $30 gets you the ship you want now, instead of later. Hence the FXP conversion for those who don't want to wait.

NWFDC1q.gif

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,218 posts
5,216 battles
11 hours ago, ij70 said:

Micro transactions.

Wow!  You got suckered there!  I paid 0.99 USD for my Tachibana Lima!  :cap_haloween:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,165 battles
11 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I need help too. It would take $8,048.06 to convert all my XP to FreeXP...

11 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It would cost me $3334.91 to convert all of my ship XP at the current rate. This quite succinctly explains why I never convert XP.

You know, I never could understand why they made it so expensive to convert XP to Free XP. I would do it all the time if it was around half the price it is now and would have never let tens of millions of ship xp accumulate. I don't even pay it any mind when they do a conversion sale because it is still too high. All the rhetoric about players getting to high tiers too soon is just nonsense since you can buy a high tier premium ship any time and with the free tech tree ship events, you can skip entire tiers of grinding.. The USSR BBs for instance, you spend enough or earn enough crates and you can jump right into a tier 8 BB, fully upgraded, without ever having played any ships of that line.. Because Free XP is tough for me to grind right now and conversion is so expensive, I just ignore that I have it. Don't care about the Free XP ships any more and only use it to unlock tier 10 ships without grinding the tier 9s since I don't play either tier. Just keep the tier 10s for special events, just too expensive to play and not particularly fun or interesting. 

[TDRB]
Members
2,497 posts
7,240 battles

And say that you are 225k FXP short on getting Azuma or Alaska. $30 is not a big deal for you to spend, so a 1:35 FXP sale gets you 227k FXP and you don't have to wait to get the ship you want. Doesn't matter if you have $8000 worth of ESXP that you can convert, that $30 gets you the ship you want now, instead of later. Hence the FXP conversion for those who don't want to wait.

Having a reserve of elite XP on hand is a good thing. With that being said, it would also be nice to be able to use the excessive elite XP for something.

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,279 battles
8 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Somewhere in the 23rd century with today's interest rates :Smile_sad:

Or become a trader with that 4 dollars.

Work that butt

[BNKR]
Members
1,172 posts
1,103 battles
15 hours ago, Frenotx said:

If you put $480,000 into a regular savings account, I'm going to strike you. 

• Funny 1

[CLARE]
Members
305 posts
5 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Wow!  You got suckered there!  I paid 0.99 USD for my Tachibana Lima!  :cap_haloween:

I got my for free from SC.

[CLARE]
Members
305 posts
10 hours ago, kgh52 said:

It is already.  You just need to take one more step to convert green "doubloons" into pixel doubloons.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
1,436 posts
5,772 battles
17 hours ago, ij70 said:

So.

What date is that?  

[CLARE]
Members
305 posts
4 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

I meant the fxp 35 date

May 5 to May 9.