King George V vs Nelson  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which British battleship will be your pick for a hypothetical ranked season in Tier 7?

• King George V
    • Nelson
    • Neither. My pick will be Duke of York
    • Neither. My pick will be Hood
    • I don't have an opinion for picking a British Tier 7 BB for ranked PvP

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/05/2020 at 02:08 AM

9 comments in this topic

[DOW]
Members
627 posts
3,714 battles

Both King George V and Nelson are fun and competitive (PvP) battleships to play, but which will be your pick? Let's assume there is going to be a ranked season in Tier 7. Vote and tell us your thoughts!

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,343 posts
5,396 battles

I would pick Belfast quite honestly.

But if I was forced to pick between them, Nelson. Far better punching power, and ability to completely rebuild the ship. 

[SF-A]
Members
3,007 posts
6,339 battles

Nelson. The staying power is huge, and the guns are actually quite accurate. If there are CVs, you can blap away enormous sections of enemy AA, and you can deny Gneis/Scharn drivers their torps very easily: most won't know how to react, and will predictably try to launch the other side.

[DOW]
Members
627 posts
3,714 battles
18 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I would pick Belfast quite honestly.

But if I was forced to pick between them, Nelson. Far better punching power, and ability to completely rebuild the ship. 

23-Gifs-of-People-Laughing.gif.dff57f417807586da511d3b3f93f1aac.gif

[ODIN]
Members
1,156 posts
16,442 battles

I prefer KGV myself but Nelson is good too. It's a close call for me but I do better in KGV, which I think is because the mistakes you make in Nelson can be very unforgiving.

Edited by Skuggsja

Members
1,632 posts
3,603 battles

Nelson, mainly for those guns, her high citadel and 25mm bow armor makes her a easy target for the Nagato and Colorados to farm damage. KGV is a good option because her AP does nasty things to cruisers since they don't overpen like the other BBs can but any competent player can mitigate the HE damage and fire damage

[WOLF3]
Members
19,205 posts
17,569 battles

It's actually been years since Tier VII Ranked happened, IIRC.  The last Tier VII Ranked Season was early 2017.

The game has changed a lot since then though, even before the CV Rework.

But last time VII Ranked went down, it was all about Cruisers and Destroyers, Radar, Smoke, Torpedoes to counter the smoke camping.  RN BBs weren't even around last time Ranked happened.  You can bet Belfast will be coming out of the wood works.  The fun thing was in that last VII Ranked Season, Pre-Nerf Shiratsuyu was a hard counter to the smoke camping.  She got nerfed HARD after her only Ranked Showing.

For Tier VII BBs, the race will be tight and there are lots of good choices.  The only bad BB in Tier VII is Colorado.  Even Gneisenau did real well last time VII Ranked happened.

Nelson is a funny ship of contradictions.  Her Repair Party lets her easily deal with the HE spam and Fire damage, even easily deal with 356mm AP.  But it's 380mm+ AP that will cause problems as she becomes very easy to Pen and even Citadel in angles you thought she wouldn't get hammered in.  It doesn't show in Random stats, but Nagato traditionally steps up in Tier VII Ranked, as shown in her performance in the link I provided.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
772 posts
6,704 battles

Unpopular opinion im sure but the DoY. Hydro and decent guns with her agility id happily take it over the Nelson.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.