You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

A concern about premium CV.

30 comments in this topic

Members
1,090 posts
7,025 battles

The concern I have is the fact WG has started selling the CV premiums before they have finished balancing CV. Why should people spend money on the premium CV ships just to have some sweeping nerf come in and make them wish they had not bought it?

WG I think this was a bad decision on your part and maybe a bit greedy. This also has the potential to make a bunch of players who bought those CV extremely upset.  Now should have these players realized that more nerfs were coming before buying one, absolutely. But, in my book that does not excuse what you are doing.  You should have waited till you felt CV was balanced enough to release them without any more major or blanket nerfs coming in..... unless of course there are none coming.....hmmmm....

By the way I did not buy one, just saying this could be a bad thing for all. Who is to say they can't do this on other premium ships. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
5,055 battles
3 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

The concern I have is the fact WG has started selling the CV premiums before they have finished balancing CV. Why should people spend money on the premium CV ships just to have some sweeping nerf come in and make them wish they had not bought it?

WG I think this was a bad decision on your part and maybe a bit greedy. This also has the potential to make a bunch of players who bought those CV extremely upset.  Now should have these players realized that more nerfs were coming before buying one, absolutely. But, in my book that does not excuse what you are doing.  You should have waited till you felt CV was balanced enough to release them without any more major or blanket nerfs coming in..... unless of course there are none coming.....hmmmm....

It's almost like they are intentionally trying to burn their game down to the ground.  I would really like to believe that's not the case.  But the silence (that apparently is only silence because they are too busy being silent to say anything specific about what they aren't being silent about) isn't helping.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
3,428 posts
5,276 battles

If CVs again receive comprehensive changes then hopefully WG grants us another refund period. 

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
7 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

It's my understanding that WG feels the rework is largely balanced and nothing besides the usual tweaks are needed.

2 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

It's almost like they are intentionally trying to burn their game down to the ground.  I would really like to believe that's not the case.  But the silence (that apparently is only silence because they are too busy being silent to say anything specific about what they aren't being silent about) isn't helping.

:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Members
308 posts
3,422 battles

What about all the premium ships that people bought before the re-work that have now been significantly nerfed because of it? 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,607 posts
8,217 battles
5 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Quite right. But they were warned, at least in this forum, weeks beforehand, that making premium cvs available for sale, when the rework was so very far from complete, would be a mistake. They know the risks, and ofc, bear all responsibility for that one.

rest assured, more major changes to CV gameplay are incoming, many of which you would consider to be "nerfs". 0.8.4 will be a CV change heavy patch.

As to WG reasons, they must have sensible arguments, not least, derping any remaining hopes of the rework being abandoned, making a return to the past, impossible. But also, these ventures are expensive, and their was a lot of pent up demand among players for premium cvs after more than a year, unavailable. Those same players, who bought premium cvs, even after WG had clearly and publically stated, the rework is ongoing, and will not be finished before 0.8.4 (at the earliest). So, if you bought a premium CV, you are responsible for your decisions, and are in a poor position to blame anyone else, least of all, ironically, Wargaming. (Yup, makes my head hurt too).

• Cool 2

Members
1,090 posts
7,025 battles
1 minute ago, exray0 said:

What about all the premium ships that people bought before the re-work that have now been significantly nerfed because of it? 

I am not going to say you are wrong on that and you do have a point, but I think the releasing of the premium CV could create a huge problem if more major or sweeping nerfs come. None of us in this game want any of those type of issues no matter what type of premium ship it effects. 

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,607 posts
8,217 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

It's my understanding that WG feels the rework is largely balanced and nothing besides the usual tweaks are needed.

I thought you paid attention to announcements by WG representatives. Disappointing/

"In the very near future we are going to make an update on current CV changes and tweaks. Some of you thought we went silent, but that's due to several things being prepared actively. We are determined to address a lot of concerns, and are not going to relax."

Sub_Octavian.

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
5,055 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

So, if you bought a premium CV, you are responsible for your decisions, and are in a poor position to blame anyone else, least of all, ironically, Wargaming. (Yup, makes my head hurt too).

It would be the ultimate troll far surpassing the troll that was the rework itself.   If nothing else, one helluva way to go out.  Props to them if that's the case.

Members
308 posts
3,422 battles
Just now, USMC2145 said:

I am not going to say you are wrong on that and you do have a point, but I think the releasing of the premium CV could create a huge problem if more major or sweeping nerfs come. None of us in this game want any of those type of issues no matter what type of premium ship it effects. 

Agreed that premium CV at this point was a pretty greedy mistake but honestly I won't feel bad for anyone if they get nerfed. I also hope everyone who said "you didn't pay for XYZ product, you paid to be able to use XYZ product at the time and shouldn't expect it to be the same forever" when we complained about post rework surface premiums comes back out to manger le corbeau.  

[WOLFC]
Members
978 posts
2,392 battles

Everyone that bought premium CVs should know they will be getting changed still. If you seriously bought them thinking nothing will be changed, well....thats your fault.

• Cool 1

Members
1,090 posts
7,025 battles
2 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Everyone that bought premium CVs should know they will be getting changed still. If you seriously bought them thinking nothing will be changed, well....thats your fault.

I did not buy one just for this reason. Just saying it is sneaky and greedy for WG to do this and if this is just let to go unanswered they could do it again and again. 

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles

From 8.0 until 8.2 the was the refund period for CVs.

Members
308 posts
3,422 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

From 8.0 until 8.2 the was the refund period for CVs.

So I could refund any premium surface ship at that time?

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
5,055 battles

So I could refund any premium surface ship at that time?

At best, all this stuff is just a rental type deal anyway.  It's a one time fee but you don't really own anything and based on that don't have a ton of "rights" of ownership in that sense.  Any refunding that WG has done or will do is truly out of the goodness of their hearts and desire to make things "right".  Cuz they sure don't have to in most cases.

[WOLF6]
Members
873 posts
3,387 battles
39 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Quite right. But they were warned, at least in this forum, weeks beforehand, that making premium cvs available for sale, when the rework was so very far from complete, would be a mistake. They know the risks, and ofc, bear all responsibility for that one.

rest assured, more major changes to CV gameplay are incoming, many of which you would consider to be "nerfs". 0.8.4 will be a CV change heavy patch.

As to WG reasons, they must have sensible arguments, not least, derping any remaining hopes of the rework being abandoned, making a return to the past, impossible. But also, these ventures are expensive, and their was a lot of pent up demand among players for premium cvs after more than a year, unavailable. Those same players, who bought premium cvs, even after WG had clearly and publically stated, the rework is ongoing, and will not be finished before 0.8.4 (at the earliest). So, if you bought a premium CV, you are responsible for your decisions, and are in a poor position to blame anyone else, least of all, ironically, Wargaming. (Yup, makes my head hurt too).

Well said Bote.

Any alterations made though in the future will likely blanket the entire class rather than individual carriers. This approach has of course had an effect on other premium ships in past sweeping changes. Many of you are right in saying that the CV rework as a whole has altered the balance of the entire game so if carriers need ongoing tweaks then so be it.

There also did seem to be quite a bit of pressure, from what I've seen on the forums here, to make the premium CVs available again.

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1

[EGO]
Members
3,470 posts
51 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

The concern I have is the fact WG has started selling the CV premiums before they have finished balancing CV.

Did you miss all the posts about this back when it happened?

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
5,055 battles
1 minute ago, Sumseaman said:

Well said Bote.

Any alterations made though in the future will likely blanket the entire class rather than individual carriers. This approach has of course had an effect on other premium ships in past sweeping changes. Many of you are right in saying that the CV rework as a whole has altered the balance of the entire game so if carriers need ongoing tweaks then so be it.

*high five* :P

Members
308 posts
3,422 battles
33 minutes ago, exray0 said:

also hope everyone who said "you didn't pay for XYZ product, you paid to be able to use XYZ product at the time and shouldn't expect it to be the same forever" when we complained about post rework surface premiums comes back out to manger le corbeau.

2 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

At best, all this stuff is just a rental type deal anyway.  It's a one time fee but you don't really own anything and based on that don't have a ton of "rights" of ownership in that sense.  Any refunding that WG has done or will do is truly out of the goodness of their hearts and desire to make things "right".  Cuz they sure don't have to in most cases.

Ahh there you are. 

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
5,055 battles

Ahh there you are. 

What? It's just ones and zeros man.   You can't own those.  No one does really.  Not even WG.  Its an ephemeral type thing.

[CAFE]
Members
1,680 posts
12,197 battles
56 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

By the way I did not buy one, just saying this could be a bad thing for all. Who is to say they can't do this on other premium ships. 

Well they did say when they started selling them that they finished balancing them. Then they announced earlier this week they were going to nerf CVs again...  

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,607 posts
8,217 battles
2 minutes ago, JustAdapt said:

Well they did say when they started selling them that they finished balancing them. Then they announced earlier this week they were going to nerf CVs again...  

they stated they had finished individual balancing of premiums (which really meant they had finished nerfing the Zeppelin/), but that global balancing of CVs, and non premium CVs, would continue, until 0.8.4 (at least).. There are multiple publically available official sources on this, reddit, this forum, the devblog on facebook, and probably elsewhere. I should know, I made quite a few posts on this topic in February.

• Cool 2

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
5,055 battles
3 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

they stated they had finished individual balancing of premiums (which really meant they had finished nerfing the Zeppelin/), but that global balancing of CVs, and non premium CVs, would continue, until 0.8.4 (at least).. There are multiple publically available official sources on this, reddit, this forum, the devblog on facebook, and probably elsewhere. I should know, I made quite a few posts on this topic in February.

The spotting thing is the obvious global balancing issue that they've known about since before the rework.  My money would be on the upcoming nerfs involving CV only spotting.  Or limited ala radar.

Now that's not even close to a counter though and so I'd imagine there's another phase even beyond the one they aren't being silent about now.

Edited by CommodoreKang

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
1 hour ago, USMC2145 said:

If a farmer raises a calf that he found half frozen in a barbed wire fence … 

Takes care of it and feeds it every day until it's fully grown … isn't it inevitable that he takes it to market?

Who cares if it only has three legs :)

[RLGN]
Members
10,051 posts
19,462 battles
57 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Don’t much care.

Had all of them I wanted (except Graf,) before 0.8.0, and Graf came home in one of the first five of the only batch of Aviation containers I bought.

Whether or not I play them is another matter, but WG will have to pry them out of my metaphorical cold dead fingers before I’ll get rid of them.