Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

Can WG do something about fighters?

10 comments in this topic

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts

Because right now they are either completely useless or utterly decimate a squad with no middle ground.

It'd also be nice if carriers could designate targets for the squad that takes off from the carrier when they get spotted from the air, since I've been in numerous instances where the enemy CV just circled planes outside of my AA range and outside the action range of said fighters and I'm not able to do anything. Placing fighters is pointless, too, since they just fly outside the action circle of those and all you've done now is waste fighters.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,322 posts
15,120 battles
1 minute ago, Zaydin said:

Because right now they are either completely useless or utterly decimate a squad with no middle ground.

It'd also be nice if carriers could designate targets for the squad that takes off from the carrier when they get spotted from the air, since I've been in numerous instances where the enemy CV just circled planes outside of my AA range and outside the action range of said fighters and I'm not able to do anything. Placing fighters is pointless, too, since they just fly outside the action circle of those and all you've done now is waste fighters.

Yes, as a trout fisherman, there is a disease called the whirling disease. look it up, it's ugly. It's what our ship born fighters do.

1) Let them continue the same counter clockwise circle Or, let us click on the squad of planes like the old days and when they take off they go straight at the incoming planes.... Brilliant, I know...

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,860 posts
11 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Same problem that often applies to the AA on surface ships -- it's too steeply scaled and too random. 

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,480 posts
8,156 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Same problem that often applies to the AA on surface ships -- it's too steeply scaled and too random. 

There is no randomness to AA except for which direction you need to swerve your planes to dodge flak. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,860 posts
37 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

There is no randomness to AA except for which direction you need to swerve your planes to dodge flak. 

So those hit percentages are just there for show?

(Also, I left out "variable", as the gap between the best and worst AA ships within the range of ships a CV might face.)

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Members
3,929 posts
8,475 battles

I think it's all WAD. No complaints here, but then I rarely play DDs these days.

[SYN]
Members
15,289 posts
11,987 battles

It's because the fighters only shoot down bombers 1:1

So if your, for example: Exeter, only puts up 2 fighters, then it will only shoot down 2 bombers before going back to the ship.

Shooting down 2 bombers is completely useless, btw.

Conversely, if the fighter wing is 6 strong, then they will decimate most bomber groups.

[RG-1]
Beta Testers
664 posts
2,439 battles
29 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

So those hit percentages are just there for show?

(Also, I left out "variable", as the gap between the best and worst AA ships within the range of ships a CV might face.)

Actually...yes...

Wargaming explains in the AA rework that the hit ratio is a mean to show that advanced AA equipment increased AA effectiveness, for example VT fuses.

The actual damage is "AA damage * hit ratio", meaning that even if you have 1000 constant damage, if your hit ratio is of 71% it will be 710 constant damage

This is a way to balance same gunnery AA without having to say "But this bofors have reinforced stell and is sloted with an zipper card (Ragnarok reference)"

[H_]
Members
1,933 posts

I'd like to see planes actually fight planes....  After all, without air superiority, there was no attacking ships....    Heck, we could merge games; and, have real pilots in those planes !!!!  Now then, we would have a good arcade shooter !!!  Real pilots fighting real pilots to see whom can or can not attack ships......!

We can aim at them and they can aim at us: FPS....  Till AA is FPS oriented, this entire mess makes no sense. 

[TBW]
Members
7,438 posts
13,600 battles

The only way to fix the fighters, is to get rid of the battle chat completely, and that would not be good. Oh, sorry, wrong fighters.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Sign in to follow this