Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pakmuella

Montpelier Question

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3
[ROTTN]
Members
14 posts
4,263 battles

I am trying to locate information on this ship. Is this going to be available for coal outside the purchase time? I just like collecting the ships and I want this but don't really have the funds to purchase with the camo and all. Any information would be great. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,590
[KNMSU]
Members
5,340 posts
5,553 battles

No, it's just for sale as an Azure Lane boat. You either need to pony up the dough, or content yourself with Cleveland.

I'd love to own it too. But I'm poor. So that's life. I did manage to flip my desk chair over yesterday for a sweet, sweet concussion. So that's something, right?

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,192
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,644 posts
15,896 battles
31 minutes ago, Pakmuella said:

I am trying to locate information on this ship. Is this going to be available for coal outside the purchase time? I just like collecting the ships and I want this but don't really have the funds to purchase with the camo and all. Any information would be great. Thank you

Go to the tech tree, it's in there under either "CRUISERS" or "U S SHIPS".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,119 posts
4,917 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

No, it's just for sale as an Azure Lane boat. You either need to pony up the dough, or content yourself with Cleveland.

I'd love to own it too. But I'm poor. So that's life. I did manage to flip my desk chair over yesterday for a sweet, sweet concussion. So that's something, right?

So I assume that is why you are on here to post today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,128
[SIM]
Members
3,458 posts
5,330 battles

AL Montpelier is a special Azure Lane branded version of the USS Montpelier. It is not available for coal, and must be purchased for real money in the premium shop. Though nothing has been announced, it stands to reason that Wargaming will eventually release a non-Azure Lane collaboration version of the ship. The odds of it being released for coal are low, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,248
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,008 posts
5,775 battles
2 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

No, it's just for sale as an Azure Lane boat. You either need to pony up the dough, or content yourself with Cleveland.

I'd love to own it too. But I'm poor. So that's life. I did manage to flip my desk chair over yesterday for a sweet, sweet concussion. So that's something, right?

the bundle with the 10 point cap is so expensive but i heard the VA is pretty good,nothing cringe tier.

besides,why are azur  lane crates more expensive than the soviet crates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
623
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,508 posts
4,404 battles
14 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the bundle with the 10 point cap is so expensive but i heard the VA is pretty good,nothing cringe tier.

besides,why are azur  lane crates more expensive than the soviet crates?

Licensing fee for the collab, I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,862
[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,776 posts
4,413 battles
40 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the bundle with the 10 point cap is so expensive but i heard the VA is pretty good,nothing cringe tier.

besides,why are azur  lane crates more expensive than the soviet crates?

 

26 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Licensing fee for the collab, I suppose.

10 point commander. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
215 posts
12,819 battles

I got the ship and tested it. To my understanding there is exactly two (well atm still three but...) differences between the ships:

Cleveland has 6,5 seconds reload and Montpelier has 7 seconds.

Montpelier has 600 more hitpoints.

(Montpelier has 10 km radar and Cleveland has 9 km radar. BUT this is a bug and the radar of Montpelier will be changed to 9 km with the next patch.)

 

Its fairly easy to see how the difference in reload is actualy quite significant but the difference in hp basicly does not matter for any purpose... therefor the Montpelier is a strictly (although not much) inferior clevelend. No quirk or any different playstyle or anything. Prinz Eugen was like that but they actualy noticed (after 2 years) and changed it to make it more different to Hipper. Then there is the (HSF) Graf Spee which is at least 100% identical to the regular (well also premium) one.

So yeah I bought it but from a diversity perspective I dont really see why you would want to aside from different (but not better) perma camo and premium ship economy, which in my eyes dont justify a ship beeing worse, just beeing more (real money) expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
215 posts
12,819 battles

Ok so aparently Montpelier has 2.15 sigma instead of clevelands 2.0 so I guess the slower fire rate is ballanced out by hitting a few shells more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,248
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,008 posts
5,775 battles
2 hours ago, RighteousFury42 said:

I got the ship and tested it. To my understanding there is exactly two (well atm still three but...) differences between the ships:

Cleveland has 6,5 seconds reload and Montpelier has 7 seconds.

Montpelier has 600 more hitpoints.

(Montpelier has 10 km radar and Cleveland has 9 km radar. BUT this is a bug and the radar of Montpelier will be changed to 9 km with the next patch.)

 

Its fairly easy to see how the difference in reload is actualy quite significant but the difference in hp basicly does not matter for any purpose... therefor the Montpelier is a strictly (although not much) inferior clevelend. No quirk or any different playstyle or anything. Prinz Eugen was like that but they actualy noticed (after 2 years) and changed it to make it more different to Hipper. Then there is the (HSF) Graf Spee which is at least 100% identical to the regular (well also premium) one.

So yeah I bought it but from a diversity perspective I dont really see why you would want to aside from different (but not better) perma camo and premium ship economy, which in my eyes dont justify a ship beeing worse, just beeing more (real money) expensive.

i think hsf graf spee has better camo compared to the normal graf spee.

i think it's 100% free exp or 50% free exp.

Edited by Cruxdei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×