Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

Have you ever seen a double strike double detonation?

6 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
1,184 posts
7,833 battles

Something a bit more light hearted between all the yelling about carriers...

Detonations are supposed to be random, right?  They become more likely the more damage you take but they're random.  So you'd expect there to be tight groupings of them sometimes, and long stretches without them sometimes.

So has anyone ever seen a double strike with both target ships detonating?  Was the person who earned the kills immediately accused of witchcraft?  

I think the most detonations in a match I've seen is 3, 2 on one team and 1 on the other.  But they weren't particularly close together.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,235 posts
6,674 battles
3 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

So has anyone ever seen a double strike with both target ships detonating? 

I might have seen it on a stream once, or maybe I confused it with a double devastating strike.

Bonus points if the double striker is ever the USS Black. Considering her pennant number, witchcraft is the LEAST of the accusations you would face.

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,296 posts
12,367 battles

I have done a double strike, double dev strike in a Clemson recently, but never seen double detonation.  That's a Unicorn level event I would think.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,774 posts
10,238 battles

Once I contributed to being in a guy's double Double Strike :Smile_facepalm:

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,901 posts
10,905 battles

The most epic act of rng along these lines was a double detonation with a friendly kill and going pink thrown in.

A Fuso hurled a salvo of HE into a DD furball that a friendly DD was losing. When the smoke cleared both red DD's went boom, and the friendly DD was finished off by a 14" hit before he could burn to death.

Good times.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,238 posts
17,583 battles

Long ago with an Alabama game, my first salvo Double Striked a 3 ship Division that included 2 Kutuzovs that were trying to smoke camp and rotate smoke.

On paper, it was a sound idea for a 3 ship Division.  2 Kutuzovs for crazy DPM plus smoke + AA + torpedoes, with an IJN DD spotting.  But they pushed up way too aggressively.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this