You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GuessIllJustDie

to anyone curious about the games statistics

90 comments in this topic

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,279 battles

to anyone wondering whether the game is in a steady decline or not, feel free to check the statistics at http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

You can compare number of battles of every year and you can see there is a significant decline in battles for the 1Q of this year already. The 2ndQ numbers will be up in june i presume and you can see how much further its gonna slip. You dont need to rely on any streamer just giving you fake data and saying everybody is playing. See the numbers for yourself and the players are leaving the game

• Cool 5
  • Boring 6

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
631 posts
4,532 battles

So in one post u announce your leaving because u can’t adapt to the new meta and u include this same link as evidence of all the good players leaving with you, and then felt the need to repost the link in a separate thread. Don’t let the door hit u on the way out....though I bet we will continue to see u in the forums

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[OKM]
Members
280 posts
2,452 battles

Wait.

First, the decrease started before the 1Q of 2019: 2018 was in overall a poorer year than 2017 in term of numbers. 1Q of 2019 saw an increase of 10% in comparison to the 4Q of 2018.

Second, the average tier change let think that the 1Q of 2019 was on of the few time that saw an increase in new player, even if all in all the game is at maturity and a fair number comes from tier 8 and more battle.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles
50 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

to anyone wondering whether the game is in a steady decline or not, feel free to check the statistics at http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

You can compare number of battles of every year and you can see there is a significant decline in battles for the 1Q of this year already. The 2ndQ numbers will be up in june i presume and you can see how much further its gonna slip. You dont need to rely on any streamer just giving you fake data and saying everybody is playing. See the numbers for yourself and the players are leaving the game

Your own data says the opposite of what you want it to say.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,279 battles
50 minutes ago, missile742 said:

So in one post u announce your leaving because u can’t adapt to the new meta and u include this same link as evidence of all the good players leaving with you, and then felt the need to repost the link in a separate thread. Don’t let the door hit u on the way out....though I bet we will continue to see u in the forums

lmbo. Who even said i couldnt adapt to the new meta. Go look at my stats the past 3 months. Averaging between great and unicum

Just said its not fun anymore and im gonna take a leave of absence playing other games. Might keep checking the forums for new changes or new updates but thats about it

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[-TXT-]
Beta Testers
1,583 posts
17,628 battles
43 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Your own data says the opposite of what you want it to say.

Hmm.....???    The numbers of battles data that I see are:

Asia                  NA                   Europe                         Total

1Q18                    25,990,237       38,827,730        78,191,134               143,009,101

1Q19                    25,096,919       31,562,476        57,690,030               114,349,425

So total number of battles is down 20%.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,593 posts
15,896 battles
11 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

So totals numbers of battles are down 20%.

Important information.

1 hour ago, missile742 said:

54 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Wait.

First, the decrease started before the 1Q of 2019: 2018 was in overall a poorer year than 2017 in term of numbers. 1Q of 2019 saw an increase of 10% in comparison to the 4Q of 2018.

Second, the average tier change let think that the 1Q of 2019 was on of the few time that saw an increase in new player, even if all in all the game is at maturity and a fair number comes from tier 8 and more battle.

UN-important information.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

That website does not track Clan Battles nor Co-op Battles. It *may* track ranked battles. All we know for sure is that it tracks random battles.

I would take stats with a large grain of salt as there is so much that the site doesn't track.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

That website does not track Clan Battles nor Co-op Battles. It *may* track ranked battles. All we know for sure is that it tracks random battles.

I would take stats with a large grain of salt as there is so much that the site doesn't track.

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wows/na/total

This shows the number online.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles
26 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

Hmm.....???    The numbers of battles data that I see are:

Asia                  NA                   Europe                         Total

1Q18                    25,990,237       38,827,730        78,191,134               143,009,101

1Q19                    25,096,919       31,562,476        57,690,030               114,349,425

So totals numbers of battles are down 20%.

This actually shows the numbers online. That covers all game modes.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,244 posts
15,022 battles
1 hour ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

I remember when Warcraft lost 5 million... still going strong.

• Cool 1

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,279 battles
2 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

People are moving from random to Coop & operations. The online numbers isn't tanking.

Yes i know. Many players have moved to coop and scenarios. Some players are only active due to clan battles, once clan battles are over whether they stay active or not is upto them.

Important thing to note is that pvp games are lower. If this isnt for a majority part a pvp game then you know something is wrong with the game

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
5 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

And that game is ancient now, in gaming terms.  Sure, it's not 10 million strong anymore but it's probably still the biggest full-subscription cash cow in the MMO market.

Decline was inevitable.  Very few people can play the same game for almost 15 years.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
705 posts
4,988 battles
Just now, Sweetsie said:

Yes that game still has 3-5 million people playing.  NA server has like 8,000 average players lol.  This game is at a critical point and people have this attitude that nothing bad could ever happen.

[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

That's not the site in the OP. I was talking about the maple syrup site

I know it's not the site in the OP, that's why I sent it. This one shows online numbers and isn't separating the game modes. The overall online doesn't show a mass exodus of players from the game.

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,279 battles
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

I know it's not the site in the OP, that's why I sent it. This one shows online numbers and isn't separating the game modes. The overall online doesn't show a mass exodus of players from the game.

The total number of online people can be tricky.

Take into account players only playing clan battles. Players using the chat system. Players just in the training room playing with friends with no CVs. Players just AFK leaving the game client open in the back ground. And of course players only playing coop and scenarios which leaves less number of players actually playing randoms

Take a look at the number of battles happening 

[WOLF3]
Members
19,205 posts
17,569 battles

Doom Posts in 2019 are no different from all the other Doom Posts in 2015.

And 2016.

Eventually one of these years it'll be correct.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles
2 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

The total number of online people can be tricky.

Take into account players only playing clan battles. Players using the chat system. Players just in the training room playing with friends with no CVs. Players just AFK leaving the game client open in the back ground. And of course players only playing coop and scenarios which leaves less number of players actually playing randoms

Take a look at the number of battles happening 

Yes, but people that have walked away from a game do not log into that game. People are still playing.

There will be more changes to the game and like now, there will be people that don't like the meta changes. I moved more towards coop and operations of late, because of teams far to often being one sided and not because of CVs. I don't enjoy games that are blowouts winning or losing (of course losing is worse).

[KSA]
Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles
25 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

WOP isn't strong but it's still going, Hell I know people who are still playing the game Warcraft killed ….. EQ, I love doom and gloom posts.

[TURD]
Members
148 posts
2,019 battles

I could also read that data to suggest as average tier has increased, the average matches per day has decreased. Makes sense, higher tier matches generally take longer.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,158 posts
9,459 battles

It's declining for me because those I played with are not playing now as much.  Life happens. LOL.