2,109 posts
9,540 battles

• Cool 2

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
249 posts
4,053 battles

Thanks for the Scuttlebutt! I'm excited to get Yoshino. I also agree with your commentary regarding the current raging going on.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,388 posts
12,745 battles

The lesson to be learned by WG is that CVs bring out the worst on both sides.  It's that's contentious.

As a former ST though, I don't believe that WG listens to any rational feedback.  They listen to irrational screeching.

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
2,109 posts
9,540 battles
On 5/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, crzyhawk said:

As a former ST though, I don't believe that WG listens to any rational feedback.  They listen to irrational screeching.

My experience since joining the CC team has been the polar opposite.  

[-K-]
2,109 posts
9,540 battles
On 5/3/2019 at 4:08 PM, Capn_Nugget said:

Thanks for the Scuttlebutt! I'm excited to get Yoshino. I also agree with your commentary regarding the current raging going on.

Yoshino really surprised me given how much I don't like Azuma.  I may have to go back and re-evaluate my opinion of her predecessor.

• Cool 1

[8-BIT]
Members
114 posts
5,655 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 8:48 PM, SeaRaptor00 said:

Yoshino really surprised me given how much I don't like Azuma.  I may have to go back and re-evaluate my opinion of her predecessor.

Assuming that Yoshino came to live as she currently is... What is Azuma supposed to do then? 

I have her and don't hate her but she feel extremely lacking in accuracy and armor, she also cannot be a "special" credit farmer like Musashi is compared to Yamato because both are prems and Azuma credit coefficient isn't exactly brilliant...

Even Kron have something over Stalingrad: survivability. it's not the he have more armor or health but people focused always on Stalingrad, Kron tend to get ignored a fair bit so he can last a bit longer in the same match.

But Azuma have less health, less armor, no torps, the exact same guns, worse AA, less range... 

Just to clarify: I still think that Yoshino is too poor for be released like this, she is just a slightly better Azuma and nothing else. 

Serious question: what is Azuma going to do?

Edited by XurMP

[-K-]
2,109 posts
9,540 battles
6 hours ago, XurMP said:

Serious question: what is Azuma going to do?

No idea, honestly.  I was never really sure what role the ship was supposed to fill with it's weak armor scheme.  I'm still not sure.  

Yoshino may be just a slightly better Azuma, but she's better in some really key areas that Azuma is lacking (AA suite, torpedoes, additional deck armor).

[8-BIT]
Members
114 posts
5,655 battles
13 hours ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

Yoshino may be just a slightly better Azuma, but she's better in some really key areas that Azuma is lacking (AA suite, torpedoes, additional deck armor).

You have played with her, do you think is going to be a good ship? (not OP, just good)

Because taking probably the worst T9 ship, opening 4 holes in the sides, adding 4 tubes loaded with the worse torps in the game (Although having torps better than none to be honest), a bit better AA and adding only 5mm to the deck armor when Atago get 48mm and adding it to the highest Tier when all the big alpha preds are does not seem very convincing to say at least...

Maybe I'm 110% wrong and Yoshino is the very best ship ever but right now she seems just basically Tier 10 Azuma and it's not a good thing at all (IMO)

[-K-]
2,109 posts
9,540 battles

I don't think she's best ship ever, but right now she's very, very good.  

Sign in to follow this