groundace

My first 19 pt. skill captain ;D

14 comments in this topic

[RVNHQ]
Members
51 posts
5,460 battles

Just finished leveling my first ever 19 point captain last night. While I have been playing this game since open beta I've never really owned a ship that clicked with me perfectly, around about a few months ago. Just after new years I bought myself Jean Bart with coal just before Musashi was to leave the armory. While I had owned Gascogne for a few months prior I only ever really used it for Operation Hermes to farm stupid amounts of credits and free xp (secondary build in Hermes ftw!). Once I got Jean Bart I stuck my at the time 16 skill point Gascogne captain and have never looked back.

Out of my 68 currently owned ships, Jean Bart is the only one that truly clicks with me. She's like my own little Battlestar Galactica (flak and bullet hell and all), she doesn't fail me if I don't fail her. Running a full "can't stop won't stop" secondary build and out of 146 battles, I've only been sunk four times, each time looking back and noticing I went down completely due to a bad play. Keep in mind she has the lowest base hp out of the teir IX battleships and the only survivability item I have on her in DCS mod 2. Also full secondaries and reload booster make for some serious high damage "Fire everything!" moments.

Anyway just a mildly positive post, would recommend Jean Bart and have a good weekend ;p

Screenshot_3.png

• Cool 6

[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles

Congrats on the Captain, the first one is the toughest. They get easier and easier to get the more of them you have.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
153 posts
2,983 battles

Congratulations on the 19 pointer and thanks for sharing your accomplishment!  Gives me a bit of extra inspiration to renew pursuit of my first.  My top captain just turned to 18 points and it does seem like a long road at times.

[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles

Congrats on the 19 pointer JB is a blast to play good luck .

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,252 posts
5,267 battles

Congratulations on your first Fleet Admiral.  Good on you!

Yes, Jean Bart is an excellent ship to play.  +1.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,359 posts
6,766 battles
1 hour ago, groundace said:

Just finished leveling my first ever 19 point captain last night.

Congratulations! And from the XP you have on that ship since New Year, it looks like it'll be getting a lot more use.

1 hour ago, Altwar said:

Gives me a bit of extra inspiration to renew pursuit of my first.  My top captain just turned to 18 points and it does seem like a long road at times.

When I woke up on a Sunday morning that I had all to myself, just me and some premium time (I unlocked the Science of Victory campaign reward) and a few T6-8 ships, I had an 18 point captain.

When I went to bed that night, I had a lot less flags but I also had a 19 point captain.

If yours is 18, play him to the second crate every day for a month and you are done. And that's without flags.

It really, REALLY helps to parcel these tasks out into manageable chunks. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,200 posts
14,342 battles
4 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Congrats on the Captain, the first one is the toughest. They get easier and easier to get the more of them you have.

Yes this ^^^

[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles
5 hours ago, Altwar said:

Congratulations on the 19 pointer and thanks for sharing your accomplishment!  Gives me a bit of extra inspiration to renew pursuit of my first.  My top captain just turned to 18 points and it does seem like a long road at times.

In all honesty, most builds don't need 19pts. Often 18 is more than enough. The real benefit of the 19pt captains come from them earning commander exp.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,553 posts
32,139 battles

Congrats, OP

:Smile_honoring: