Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AvengerBak

Standard battle Cap reset.

6 comments in this topic

[AOD]
Members
34 posts
1,328 battles

I just had a game where the enemy team had flanked and got into our base, I headed back since I saw it coming. I hit their ships multiple times in my Lyon yet the cap was not getting reset. Why was this happening, is that a bug or am I not realizing something. I am normally a cruiser player and can easily reset bases, but this time nothing happened. 

[WOLFG]
Members
4,460 posts
2,486 battles

Were you (or a teammate) in the cap?  Cap won't reset while a green is in the green cap (it won't change for the reds either).

Were other teammates also shooting?  If another has done a reset on a ship, your shot may not count.

I don't know what happens if multiple reds are in the green base.  It may progress even if you are hitting one of the ships.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,296 posts
6,746 battles

You only reset the progress on the ship you are hitting, OP. If multiple enemies are in there, the ones you aren't hitting are still getting cap points.

You can use this by having a BB work together with a DD. The destroyer stays silent and undetected, accumulating points; the BB tanks the damage. Capture progress is slower, but definite.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
4,460 posts
2,486 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You only reset the progress on the ship you are hitting, OP. If multiple enemies are in there, the ones you aren't hitting are still getting cap points.

You can use this by having a BB work together with a DD. The destroyer stays silent and undetected, accumulating points; the BB tanks the damage. Capture progress is slower, but definite.

That is what I thought, but I had never seen (remembered) it in game.

[B_Y_F]
Members
302 posts
8,025 battles

Was there an unspotted DD? Remember you need to hit every single ship in the cap to reset it. 

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,315 posts
637 battles
28 minutes ago, AvengerBak said:

I just had a game where the enemy team had flanked and got into our base, I headed back since I saw it coming. I hit their ships multiple times in my Lyon yet the cap was not getting reset. Why was this happening, is that a bug or am I not realizing something. I am normally a cruiser player and can easily reset bases, but this time nothing happened. 

Hey AvengerBak,

Like other captains have said, you must hit all the ships in the cap to reset the cap. IF there is a ship unspotted, that ship will keep all of its "cap points". A good example of this is when you are trying to cap in a larger ship i.e. BB and a dd is with you. Like the example used above, the enemy team can keep resetting your points but that DD is getting "cap points" without being reset. 

How far away from the cap were you? Were you shooting at the cap from a distance and only shooting the ship you could see? Especially with a ship that has the ability to hit multiple ships at range, keep resetting all the targets that you can see as you move closer. Remember once an allied ship gets on the cap, the progress will stop until that ship is sunk or leaves the cap again.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this