You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
XxBraveHeart

Honor -Glory game setup question*

7 comments in this topic

[D33P6]
Members
3 posts
17,992 battles

I've been on WoW since it came out.The way the Honor vs Glory battles are setup , to me are just the worst. Usage of the  medium vs difficult game set to try and balance the two sides is terrible in my opinion. You come on one day and you do ok under medium and come on days like today and I've lost 5 straight already. I've lost that many straight plenty of times. It's just very frustrating when it's a %200 day and you struggle to win a battle . The thing is, you never really know if yer gonna be on the wrong side of this poorly conceived balancing act, IMHO,  they are trying to do.  There has to be a better way. It almost feels like yer being punished. In the several years I've been on here this is my first forums post. If I'm totally off base, I'll accept that. I just felt compelled to say something and get it off my chest.  Thanks

-Terry  (XxBraveHeart)

• Boring 1

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
676 posts
3,079 battles

Win or lose does not matter, it only matters which side you pick on any given day, and you can see going in how hard it's going to be to get the rewards for that team on that day. Come the end of the event, it'll probably be close to even since people want the badge/flag rewards from both sides.

--Helms

[D33P6]
Members
3 posts
17,992 battles

I understand all that, but losing like this is not fun. I'm currently 1-8 this morning and i'm at least an average player. Makes you wanna go download Fortnite and forget WoW.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,674 battles
2 minutes ago, XxBraveHeart said:

I understand all that, but losing like this is not fun. I'm currently 1-8 this morning and i'm at least an average player. Makes you wanna go download Fortnite and forget WoW.

Do it in co-op for a while. You will be surprised at the progress you can make.

You get points for sinking ships and completing personal missions that are given to you, and since you can play more co-op battles in a given time, you will potentially make points faster (especially if you do not routinely earn achievements in randoms).

• Cool 1

[WGA]
Administrator
860 posts
13,451 battles
7 minutes ago, XxBraveHeart said:

Heyo Braveheart,

I must say I'm a little confused by your feedback and would like to clarify so I can understand a little better.

When you say your 1-8 this morning, are you referring to that your selected team has won 1 time in comparison to losing 8 times? Or are you referring to your personal winrate on a day?

Just recall that even if your team doesn't win the day, you are still able to gain tokens which can be used towards purchasing various valuable items within the Armory. 

Fem,

[YORHA]
Members
4,019 posts
6,986 battles

Further to that... if you are implying that by being of the "Hard" side of the equation your chances of individual game wins is lower that is incorrect.  It has nothing to do with the MM battle set up or your chances of winning or losing each battle you play.

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
2 hours ago, XxBraveHeart said:

I've been on WoW since it came out.The way the Honor vs Glory battles are setup , to me are just the worst. Usage of the  medium vs difficult game set to try and balance the two sides is terrible in my opinion. You come on one day and you do ok under medium and come on days like today and I've lost 5 straight already. I've lost that many straight plenty of times. It's just very frustrating when it's a %200 day and you struggle to win a battle . The thing is, you never really know if yer gonna be on the wrong side of this poorly conceived balancing act, IMHO,  they are trying to do.  There has to be a better way. It almost feels like yer being punished. In the several years I've been on here this is my first forums post. If I'm totally off base, I'll accept that. I just felt compelled to say something and get it off my chest.  Thanks

-Terry  (XxBraveHeart)

The Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Extreme levels have to do with how many points you can earn and how much of a catch-up modifier the other team gets.

First, the difficulty has nothing to do with how you do in battle. It is only how many points you can earn to get Tokens. Battles play the same way no matter which team you pick and battles will have a mix of players from each team on the greens and reds.

Second, the modifier for the other team, only affects the team points. It doesn't affect the personal points someone earns.

Team loyalty is nothing more than a counter of how many times you picked that team. If you pick a team 15 times, you get a flag & symbol for that team. You can get flags and symbols for both teams. If you get the flags & symbol for both teams, another 5 days each on each team gets you an event flag and symbol.

Tokens is all about how many points you earn in a day. That is WAY more important than which team wins today or which team that you are loyal to.