You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

From Sub Octavian on reddit regarding CVs

248 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
2,493 posts
15,728 battles

download.gif

Still

Edited by silverdahc
  • Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
2,544 posts
11 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Screenshot_20190503-070552_Reddit.thumb.jpg.9aa3da6c361a2c83d0584a008c83a0ef.jpg

No other context was posted, just a note as he's going on vacation in a couple days. 

soooooo nothing else just more needs incomeing and go buy your prem cv.....

WG please stop this type of message its Terrable.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,470 posts
9,478 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

soooooo nothing else just more needs incomeing and go buy your prem cv.....

WG please stop this type of message its Terrable.

Its technically what you and the rest of the dd mafia have been asking for.

Meanwhile, Maybe its time to build a picket sign for DD citadels. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 2

[SOV]
Members
2,544 posts
12 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Its technically what you and the rest of the dd mafia. een asking for.

I am not part of that hive mind.  I am a cv main sents the rework.

Problably. It will be that invisabilty for DD because they cant ever learn to play different nope thats up to everyone else.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[DPG]
Members
1,312 posts
5,710 battles
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Its technically what you and the rest of the dd mafia have been asking for.

The DD mafia has been asking for SubOctavian to make vague posts on reddit?  Well congrats to them then.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
685 posts
5,390 battles

We can't go 5 minutes into a CV thread without one side accusing the other side of various things...

Anyways, good to know that more balancing is coming to CVs, because that is much needed. 

• Cool 11

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,388 posts
12,745 battles

As a cruiser main, to me it's simple.  We need DDs.  DDs win games.

The game works just fine without CVs.  In fact, it works better without CVs.

• Cool 43
  • Boring 4

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,470 posts
9,478 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Problably. It will be that invisabilty for DD because they cant ever learn to play different nope thats up to everyone else.

Every time a new class of ship or consumable makes an appearance there is a change in playstyle for everbody. Every time there is a new accomodation/handicap for DDs. I say screw the DDs and toss them into a rework: bring the subs.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,470 posts
9,478 battles
3 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

We can't go 5 minutes into a CV thread without one side accusing the other side of various things...

Anyways, good to know that more balancing is coming to CVs, because that is much needed. 

Whats needed is a destroyer rework. No other class has a problem with CVs.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,388 posts
12,745 battles

Define problem.  I don't play DDs very often, and I hate CV games.  CVs are unfun to play against.  Players from most surface ships hate on CVs.

• Cool 9

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,243 posts
15,022 battles

The positive is that they are still working on CV's. if they tell us what direction we are going in we will just complain. Best to know they are doing something and good to not know what it is yet.

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
5,302 posts
5,541 battles
35 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Screenshot_20190503-070552_Reddit.thumb.jpg.9aa3da6c361a2c83d0584a008c83a0ef.jpg

No other context was posted, just a note as he's going on vacation in a couple days. 

So nothing. That post could literally mean they are releasing ice cream cake themed carrier camouflage packs.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SOV]
Members
2,544 posts
6 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Every time a new class of ship or consumable makes an appearance there is a change in playstyle for everbody. Every time there is a new accomodation/handicap for DDs. I say screw the DDs and toss them into a rework: bring the subs.

Yep!! Stealth fire gone.. I am done dd impossable to play. Radar! I am done DD impossable to play. US crusier split.. DD impossable to play. BB shells hit my DD take them out of the game. Planes are stoping my torps get rid of that. 

We need a CV rework, he it is. O DD impossable to play.

How many more?

DD got caped at 4 per team because they had taken over the meta with perma spotting, unlimited torp spam, shorting with out a care in smoke. It got crazy.

Planes are a counter to DD that needed a counter. Yes the hive mind says no, but when there is no counter it sucks for everyone else. Radar is sort range and duration. When radar goes down DD is still perma spotting.

If all these players actualy quit instead of threating we might be in a better spot.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
Just now, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

So nothing. That post could literally mean the are releasing ice cream cake themed carrier camouflage packs.

It says that they are determined to address a lot of concerns.  Everyone knows what everyone has been complaining about.  The message is pretty clear.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,194 posts
6,652 battles
10 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

No other class has a problem with CVs.

Tier 3 battleships and some cruisers would like a word with you.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,806 posts
27,863 battles
39 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Haha. Yeah right. 

• Funny 2

[LBA]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,582 posts

Optimistic case: Interactive AA is coming, so there will be a skill check both on the "surface" ship side and the CV side to get strikes through.

Not so optimistic case: CVs are getting nerfed into unicum-player-only territory again.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,026 posts
10,059 battles

The moment these "Tweaks" Go live how much you want to be there is gonna be a slew of anti dd threads. Historically they have been the one class to be complained about most. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,026 posts
10,059 battles
2 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

Optimistic case: Interactive AA is coming, so there will be a skill check both on the "surface" ship side and the CV side to get strikes through.

Not so optimistic case: CVs are getting nerfed into unicum-player-only territory again.

keep dreaming not gonna happen. I have played games similar to this with active AA. It was called steel Ocean. there is worked because cv's took a bit to get to the target, the up side they killed the target if it was a bb. Active AA is great when you are at range and dont have other things shooting at you. The moment you introduce that you get pwn'd which again will lead to a million threads of complaint.

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,300 posts
3,259 battles
42 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

If history is any guide, last time they got defensive about carrier complaints,  their answer,  in lieu of clever balancing mechanics was to just nerf them to the point that no one wants to play them anymore..   Which is exactly what the bulk of the anti-CV crowd is looking for.   I'm really curious why there hasn't been more surveys put out since 8.0?   I have not seen a single one pop-up in my client since?    Its what I expect will happen here....press it the point that they believe they got all the premium cv dollars that is available and then turn them into port  queens.    

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles

Regardless of what WG does in respect to Carriers, the mentality of some in the player base will never change.

My question/concern is what are the friendly Carriers doing?   As none of the current negative commentary is any different prior to the rework, the difference presently there is more threads.

[DPG]
Members
1,312 posts
5,710 battles
17 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

So nothing. That post could literally mean they are releasing ice cream cake themed carrier camouflage packs.

This one even has a nautical theme.  I'm sold!  Give me my Fudgie camo WG!

the-history-of-fudgie-the-whale-ice-cream-cake-chowhound.jpg

[WOLFG]
Members
4,419 posts
2,416 battles
2 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

This one even has a nautical theme.  I'm sold!  Give me my Fudgie camo WG!

the-history-of-fudgie-the-whale-ice-cream-cake-chowhound.jpg

As long as its not a digital version that sits in port and melts.

[LBA]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
8 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

keep dreaming not gonna happen.

well, there could be automated AA at reduced effectiveness. So then there would be a choice - which is the bigger threat to focus on.

All that said I'm worrying that, well...

8 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

If history is any guide, last time they got defensive about carrier complaints,  their answer,  in lieu of clever balancing mechanics was to just nerf them to the point that no one wants to play them anymore..   Which is exactly what the bulk of the anti-CV crowd is looking for.

Yep. That history will repeat itself.