Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

From Sub Octavian on reddit regarding CVs

248 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,857
[SOV]
Members
4,231 posts
11 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Screenshot_20190503-070552_Reddit.thumb.jpg.9aa3da6c361a2c83d0584a008c83a0ef.jpg

No other context was posted, just a note as he's going on vacation in a couple days. 

soooooo nothing else just more needs incomeing and go buy your prem cv.....

WG please stop this type of message its Terrable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,412 posts
11,125 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

soooooo nothing else just more needs incomeing and go buy your prem cv.....

WG please stop this type of message its Terrable.

Its technically what you and the rest of the dd mafia have been asking for.

Meanwhile, Maybe its time to build a picket sign for DD citadels. 

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,857
[SOV]
Members
4,231 posts
12 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Its technically what you and the rest of the dd mafia. een asking for.

Meanwhile, Maybe its time to build a picket sign for DD citadels.

I am not part of that hive mind.  I am a cv main sents the rework.

Problably. It will be that invisabilty for DD because they cant ever learn to play different nope thats up to everyone else.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
919
[DPG]
Members
1,766 posts
7,933 battles
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Its technically what you and the rest of the dd mafia have been asking for.

Meanwhile, Maybe its time to build a picket sign for DD citadels. 

The DD mafia has been asking for SubOctavian to make vague posts on reddit?  Well congrats to them then.  

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
297
[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
716 posts
5,833 battles

We can't go 5 minutes into a CV thread without one side accusing the other side of various things...

Anyways, good to know that more balancing is coming to CVs, because that is much needed. 

  • Cool 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,722
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles

As a cruiser main, to me it's simple.  We need DDs.  DDs win games.

The game works just fine without CVs.  In fact, it works better without CVs.

  • Cool 43
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,412 posts
11,125 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Problably. It will be that invisabilty for DD because they cant ever learn to play different nope thats up to everyone else.

Every time a new class of ship or consumable makes an appearance there is a change in playstyle for everbody. Every time there is a new accomodation/handicap for DDs. I say screw the DDs and toss them into a rework: bring the subs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,412 posts
11,125 battles
3 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

We can't go 5 minutes into a CV thread without one side accusing the other side of various things...

Anyways, good to know that more balancing is coming to CVs, because that is much needed. 

Whats needed is a destroyer rework. No other class has a problem with CVs.

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,722
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles

Define problem.  I don't play DDs very often, and I hate CV games.  CVs are unfun to play against.  Players from most surface ships hate on CVs.

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,175
[PHASE]
Members
6,109 posts
19,307 battles

The positive is that they are still working on CV's. if they tell us what direction we are going in we will just complain. Best to know they are doing something and good to not know what it is yet.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,091
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles
35 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Screenshot_20190503-070552_Reddit.thumb.jpg.9aa3da6c361a2c83d0584a008c83a0ef.jpg

No other context was posted, just a note as he's going on vacation in a couple days. 

So nothing. That post could literally mean they are releasing ice cream cake themed carrier camouflage packs.

Edited by Battleship_Elisabeth
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,857
[SOV]
Members
4,231 posts
6 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Every time a new class of ship or consumable makes an appearance there is a change in playstyle for everbody. Every time there is a new accomodation/handicap for DDs. I say screw the DDs and toss them into a rework: bring the subs.

Yep!! Stealth fire gone.. I am done dd impossable to play. Radar! I am done DD impossable to play. US crusier split.. DD impossable to play. BB shells hit my DD take them out of the game. Planes are stoping my torps get rid of that. 

We need a CV rework, he it is. O DD impossable to play.

How many more?

DD got caped at 4 per team because they had taken over the meta with perma spotting, unlimited torp spam, shorting with out a care in smoke. It got crazy.

Planes are a counter to DD that needed a counter. Yes the hive mind says no, but when there is no counter it sucks for everyone else. Radar is sort range and duration. When radar goes down DD is still perma spotting.

If all these players actualy quit instead of threating we might be in a better spot.

  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,889
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,477 posts
Just now, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

So nothing. That post could literally mean the are releasing ice cream cake themed carrier camouflage packs.

It says that they are determined to address a lot of concerns.  Everyone knows what everyone has been complaining about.  The message is pretty clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,563
[ARGSY]
Members
17,396 posts
12,068 battles
10 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

No other class has a problem with CVs.

Tier 3 battleships and some cruisers would like a word with you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,186
[INTEL]
Members
12,095 posts
33,576 battles
39 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Screenshot_20190503-070552_Reddit.thumb.jpg.9aa3da6c361a2c83d0584a008c83a0ef.jpg

Haha. Yeah right. 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
870
[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

Optimistic case: Interactive AA is coming, so there will be a skill check both on the "surface" ship side and the CV side to get strikes through.

Not so optimistic case: CVs are getting nerfed into unicum-player-only territory again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles

The moment these "Tweaks" Go live how much you want to be there is gonna be a slew of anti dd threads. Historically they have been the one class to be complained about most. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,878 posts
11,515 battles
2 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

Optimistic case: Interactive AA is coming, so there will be a skill check both on the "surface" ship side and the CV side to get strikes through.

Not so optimistic case: CVs are getting nerfed into unicum-player-only territory again.

keep dreaming not gonna happen. I have played games similar to this with active AA. It was called steel Ocean. there is worked because cv's took a bit to get to the target, the up side they killed the target if it was a bb. Active AA is great when you are at range and dont have other things shooting at you. The moment you introduce that you get pwn'd which again will lead to a million threads of complaint.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,732
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,967 posts
5,480 battles
42 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Screenshot_20190503-070552_Reddit.thumb.jpg.9aa3da6c361a2c83d0584a008c83a0ef.jpg

No other context was posted, just a note as he's going on vacation in a couple days. 

If history is any guide, last time they got defensive about carrier complaints,  their answer,  in lieu of clever balancing mechanics was to just nerf them to the point that no one wants to play them anymore..   Which is exactly what the bulk of the anti-CV crowd is looking for.   I'm really curious why there hasn't been more surveys put out since 8.0?   I have not seen a single one pop-up in my client since?    Its what I expect will happen here....press it the point that they believe they got all the premium cv dollars that is available and then turn them into port  queens.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
236
[ICOP]
Members
1,078 posts
4,130 battles

Regardless of what WG does in respect to Carriers, the mentality of some in the player base will never change.

My question/concern is what are the friendly Carriers doing?   As none of the current negative commentary is any different prior to the rework, the difference presently there is more threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
919
[DPG]
Members
1,766 posts
7,933 battles
17 minutes ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

So nothing. That post could literally mean they are releasing ice cream cake themed carrier camouflage packs.

This one even has a nautical theme.  I'm sold!  Give me my Fudgie camo WG!

the-history-of-fudgie-the-whale-ice-cream-cake-chowhound.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,701
[WOLFG]
Members
8,238 posts
6,452 battles
2 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

This one even has a nautical theme.  I'm sold!  Give me my Fudgie camo WG!

the-history-of-fudgie-the-whale-ice-cream-cake-chowhound.jpg

As long as its not a digital version that sits in port and melts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
870
[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts
8 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

keep dreaming not gonna happen.

well, there could be automated AA at reduced effectiveness. So then there would be a choice - which is the bigger threat to focus on.

All that said I'm worrying that, well...

8 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

If history is any guide, last time they got defensive about carrier complaints,  their answer,  in lieu of clever balancing mechanics was to just nerf them to the point that no one wants to play them anymore..   Which is exactly what the bulk of the anti-CV crowd is looking for.

Yep. That history will repeat itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×