TheURLGuy

Blast Through the IJN Battleship Branch in No Time!

36 comments in this topic

[WNSTN]
Members
26 posts
1,684 battles

Let's make people get to high tiers even faster... That will improve the skill of the player base.... Not :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles

Could you sincerely stop this? The last thing the game needs right now is people at high tiers without half a clue on what to do.  I get that it's f2p and there has to be monetisation, but this is a step too far.

It's as if you are trying to put out a fire with jet fuel.

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
6,110 posts
10,244 battles
10 minutes ago, the_nanuk said:

Let's make people get to high tiers even faster... That will improve the skill of the player base.... Not :Smile_facepalm:

9 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Could you sincerely stop this? The last thing the game needs right now is people at high tiers without half a clue on what to do.  I get that it's f2p and there has to be monetisation, but this is a step too far.

It's as if you are trying to put out a fire with jet fuel.

C'mon guys, what could possibly go wrong with people rushing through the ranks to T10? 

Those fresh faces are the ones I'm going to want on my side when it matters most..... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,294 posts
12,367 battles

This is pretty damn funny, exactly what the game needs - more dumb brick Yamatos camping at the very back and firing HE at Cruisers from 25km!  Brought to you by the same people who gave you the INCREDIBLE CV re-work!

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
218 posts
6,643 battles

Tbh, if the players don't just FreeXP their way to Yamato, that will still require the upcoming players to learn how to advance through the different skill walls at Tiers 5 and 8. And seriously, who wouldn't want to grind through tier 9 a little faster?

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
766 posts
4,871 battles

I guess it was only a matter of time before the easy button came out.

Not only do the players not know how to play their ships, their Japanese commanders miss out on over 50% of the XP they could have earned by the time the player gets to the higher tiers.  Assuming they start with a 10-point commander, they would only have a 14-point commander reaching Tier 10, instead of a 17-point commander

But for me, the Japanese lines are the only lines I haven't bothered with yet.  I'm at Tier 9 about to get my first Tier X on the US lines, and Tier 7s for everyone else except for Japan, where I'm at Tier 5.  So this would help me personally, but I still don't know if this is something I'd want to do.  The Commander XP is pretty valuable.  

Edited by wtfovr
  • Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
6,110 posts
10,244 battles
19 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

This is pretty damn funny, exactly what the game needs - more dumb brick Yamatos camping at the very back and firing HE at Cruisers from 25km!  Brought to you by the same people who gave you the INCREDIBLE CV re-work!

This gives me the impression of a player retention issue.  As in, "how can we get people past the brutal low tiers of World of Warplanes and into high tiers to engage them better?"

Their data on new players is probably showing a scary low retention/high quit rate at the low tiers, probably even more so since 0.8.0 dropped.

• Cool 2

Members
393 posts
6,788 battles
1 hour ago, TheURLGuy said:

Battle your way to Yamato in half the time with the Japanese Battleship Research Booster!

Read it on the portal

This is such a terrible idea. We don't need people reaching tier 10 in half the time it normally takes, with half the experience in playing the ships, or less.  It's bad enough a person with 0 games can buy tier 8-9 premiums. I could see it, if the booster only worked, if a player already had some tier 10's maybe.  Such blatant money grab too.  I've spent my share of cash to support this game. But it just seems to be getting more and more absurd with the prices and content now being offered for purchase.

15 minutes ago, GambitHG said:

And seriously, who wouldn't want to grind through tier 9 a little faster?

Free xp is what ships like the Izumo were meant for.  Every other BB in the IJN line, is a solid performer and fun to play. Even the Amagi, which I know many don't care for, is actually a decent ship if you play it right.

Edited by Valas1

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,294 posts
12,367 battles
1 minute ago, Valas1 said:

This is such a terrible idea, we don't need people reaching tier 10 in half the time it normally takes.  It's bad enough a person with 0 games can buy tier 8-9 premiums. I could see it, if the booster only worked, if a player already had some tier 10's maybe.  Such blatant money grab too.  I've spent my share of cash to support this game. But it just seems to be getting more and more absurd with the prices and content now being offered for purchase.

Free xp is what ships like the Izumo were meant for.  Every other BB in the IJN line, is a solid performer and fun to play. Even the Amagi, which I know many don't care for, is actually a decent ship if you play it right.

I free xp'ed through the Izumo quite a while back, but they have done 2 rounds of buffs to it since then, and while not a great ship, it's certainly not as painful to play as the FDG in it's current mode. 

• Cool 1

Members
393 posts
6,788 battles
1 minute ago, BiggieD61 said:

I free xp'ed through the Izumo quite a while back, but they have done 2 rounds of buffs to it since then, and while not a great ship, it's certainly not as painful to play as the FDG in it's current mode. 

I tried it on the test server and wasn't too impressed with it.  It wasn't as terrible as it was a year or so ago, but, it still just didn't feel right.  I stopped after unlocking it, kept my Amagi and bought the Musashi with coal.  I have enough free xp to unlock the Yamato, but saving it for now.  Upcoming French DD's have my curiosity piqued.

[DPG]
Members
302 posts
10,469 battles

i think it was actually 3 rounds of buffs making izumo no worse than FDG, Lyon or Iowa.  It is a tough tier .  thicker deck, rof, secondaries ... and i am pretty sure there was was something else ...

I agree that this game needs some incentive to make people better players - maybe a new campaign with missions requiring 10 - 25 wins in the same high tier ships or something ? 

----

I think for newer players, actually focused and grinding an entire line with a time constraint like this might actually benefit them. I mean really - it cannot get worse than it is. Weekends are virtually unplayable, long weekends are completely unplayable without a flask of 20 year old Scotch. 

---

One other question - with the 50% hull purchase discount - i assume clan bonuses also lower the cost to purchase further ? 

---

Good hunting all! 

Kar

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,279 battles

What happened WG?

Not enough sales yammy camo? So now youre giving out that line for half xp.

Yeah keep making the playerbase go away slowly...

[-K-]
Members
6,110 posts
10,244 battles
39 minutes ago, 1138_gunner said:

Sweet, more meat. lol.:fish_viking::cap_rambo:

Also more dead meat on your team.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
1,901 posts
3 hours ago, TheURLGuy said:

Battle your way to Yamato in half the time with the Japanese Battleship Research Booster!
Read it on the portal

With respect !  You have devalued the entire grind I and others committed to over the past years or so....... 

This sales gimmick is just wrong and insults the efforts many of us have "valued" in this game

Do you want to drive the older players out of the game whom value commitment and historic quality?  is that what these gimmicks are all about; to push us out? 

I am really disappointed. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[1KR]
Members
294 posts

"Pay us money so you don't have to play our game as much."

Yeah, okay.

• Funny 1

[KSA]
Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles
4 hours ago, wtfovr said:

I guess it was only a matter of time before the easy button came out.

Not only do the players not know how to play their ships, their Japanese commanders miss out on over 50% of the XP they could have earned by the time the player gets to the higher tiers.  Assuming they start with a 10-point commander, they would only have a 14-point commander reaching Tier 10, instead of a 17-point commander

But for me, the Japanese lines are the only lines I haven't bothered with yet.  I'm at Tier 9 about to get my first Tier X on the US lines, and Tier 7s for everyone else except for Japan, where I'm at Tier 5.  So this would help me personally, but I still don't know if this is something I'd want to do.  The Commander XP is pretty valuable.  

Easy button ? you mean easier button. How is this any different than what people have already been doing with FXP ,signals or just plain dubs ?

Instead of spending 1 million on the Alaska I instead got a bunch of my t9's and I only have 11 T8 games in total lol {and no I have yet to play them in a random because I'm not one of those guys."

WG came up with a package deal, and  people are surprised ? Hell I'm glad I don't like that line or I'd more than likely buy it just for the convenience.

Edited by khorender_1
  • Cool 1

[NSEW]
Members
1,031 posts

There needed to be an "extra" with the camo. I guess they opted for the "quicker" grind time. I would appreciate it on my other regional account but I can't justify the price for it however... Would have been nicer to get that booster via objectives or tasks as well for non paying customers.

[KSA]
Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles
4 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Would have been nicer to get that booster via objectives or tasks as well for non paying customers.

I wouldn't want to imagine the grind if they had.

[NSEW]
Members
1,031 posts

Bottom line, WG would prefer players to play on T10's. Why? It would cost more per battle. Indirectly encouraging the players to purchase more associated pay goods. 

For me, I already have a Yamato. But the repeat grind to that ship on another region account is just time wasted it seems.  So it's not all doom and gloom with having this option.  Some of us, have grinded it out to T10's and without skipping tiers when able. Don't just put aside the whole player base, only considering one side of the "story" (complaint) by the more voiced players on the forum.

[-K-]
Members
6,110 posts
10,244 battles
4 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

With respect !  You have devalued the entire grind I and others committed to over the past years or so....... 

I am really disappointed. 

True.  It's disheartening to know that while it may have taken some of us ## of hours to grind through a line 2 years go, Joe Newbie can now do it in half the time (with half the lessons learned).

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
994 posts
14,161 battles

While I agree this is just a straight up bad thing for the game, it won't effect the level of play at all.

[TAPOC]
Beta Testers
1 post
10,124 battles

Just gotta say I'm not a fan of this. I worked damn hard to own every ship, except premiums in this game. Well except for the British CV's, since the new CV change has not been particularly fun. Maybe wargaming might want to reimburse us oh say half that cost for all our hard work.

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
236 posts
18 minutes ago, Aildaan said:

Just gotta say I'm not a fan of this. I worked damn hard to own every ship, except premiums in this game. Well except for the British CV's, since the new CV change has not been particularly fun. Maybe wargaming might want to reimburse us oh say half that cost for all our hard work.

agreed but somehow i doubt they will do that.