Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

New! Easy Button... uh... Research Booster

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,465
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,546 posts

Tired of the relentless grind? Tired almost sick of that stupid Izumo and others in the IJN line? Wait - what's that? You say you haven't even started the IJN BB line? What's that? You've always wanted Yamato but just could not get behind that grind, seeing the Izumo up there gate-keeping just gave the whole line a stench you could smell from another room? 

Well! Have I got the deal for you! 

For a limited time only  - and a limited amount of only $59.99! - you can press the easy button over and over and slash, slash, slash away those nasty grinding costs by FIFTY PERCENT! 

But hurry - time's a wasting and the offer's only good for a limited number of days! 

Be the first to sport the newest bonus camo out there!!! 

For offer details, look here: 

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/11290/

 

Now for a discussion... will this result in the uniqueness of Yamato fading away? Will she become just another BB in the game? Will we soon see a Yamatopocalypse soon on the NA server? 

How do you who already have her, those who have paid her price of admission, one way or another, feel about this "research booster"? 

Was it the result of cunningly devious sales people or the result of folks whining to get her without the grind? 

Is it necessary? 

 

Also... those of us who did the entire IJN BB grind, even IF we used some converted XP from time to time ($$$  too), there's a question waiting to be asked: Is there any compensation for current Yammy owners? Should there be compensation? 

Finally... as I do believe she is the point of the spear for ship acquisition in WoWS, will they offer the same offer to other BB (or other ship type) lines? 

Is this the rise of the easy button where money is the yellow-brick road to high tier ships? 

Lastly... will this result in even greater complaints about player skills at tier 10? 

Talk about something new coming out of nowhere... tiafyc and please be civil.  

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
450
[-WTP-]
Members
1,139 posts
2,148 battles

I'd like the booster available for ALL lines.  I'd probably pay $10 for such a thing.   As for that camo package -- um no, no no, no...no...no no no no no.   I won't pay that for a ship, CERTAINLY not paying anything near that for a friggin skin for a ship.  no no no, no no, no.

PS:  looks cool though.  Maybe $5 cool.

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
739
[BNKR]
Members
1,181 posts
1,105 battles

How is Yamato in any way unique? You can't swing a dead cat at tier X without hitting a Yamato on the nose. That seems like a really strange thing to be worried about.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
450
[-WTP-]
Members
1,139 posts
2,148 battles
1 minute ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

How is Yamato in any way unique? You can't swing a dead cat at tier X without hitting a Yamato on the nose. That seems like a really strange thing to be worried about.

Unique, not sure, but her back turret deck is a great spot to land some HE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[TCNNA]
Members
793 posts
14,921 battles

As a dedicated co-op player I tell: good because grind (expecially bb) in coop is very very long

Will I do? No, too much money and I have fun playing low level ship. Never had hurry to go to 10

Regards

Edited by Mikebello
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,487 posts
9,607 battles
1 minute ago, NoSoMo said:

Unique, not sure, but her back turret deck is a great spot to land some HE.

Every stern is a great soot to land HE. Its the easiest to hit after the superstructure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,953
[-K-]
Members
6,139 posts
10,299 battles

Now, what could possibly go wrong with people rushing to T10? :Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[DPG]
Members
1,339 posts
5,803 battles

"The booster is active for Updates 0.8.3 and 0.8.4."  The fine print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,041
[ARGSY]
Members
10,373 posts
6,766 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Now, what could possibly go wrong with people rushing to T10?

 

Exactly. My feelings about the line booster are mixed. On the one hand, if you already have the Montana, Conqueror, GK, etc. and generally have your BB act together at Tier 10, why not? On the other hand, the number of people who will pay good money to power up to their first T10 in far less time than is required to attain competence concerns me.

That being said, the price (even with the Kobayashi camo thrown in) will deter many. 

1 minute ago, Amenhir said:

"The booster is active for Updates 0.8.3 and 0.8.4."  The fine print.

That's more than enough time to pound out the requisite XP, especially since they throw in 2 weeks of premium and a bunch of flags, and some of the people who will buy it are probably loitering around the Amagi anyway, holding their noses over the Izumo and realising that progress has become rapid enough that it might be worth grinding instead of blowing FXP. (Hey, that's a point - if anyone here buys this, tell us whether the FXP price is also halved...)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,039
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,375 posts
5,442 battles

I guess it's really no worse than paying for premium time to get XP boosts. And who's to say whether the whale buying this is a scrub that doesn't already have experience with other BB lines?

In the end though, games played =/= skill. There are plenty of people up at tier 9 and 10, with several thousands of games, who are still utterly worthless.

Just my 2 pennies on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,465
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,546 posts

Well when I read my post it borders on a bit trollish... but I was totally surprised. I felt the offer itself deserved a bit of TV-ad style promotion. I'm not worried in the least. I have my Yammy, have had her for a good long while. I did the grind except once I got to the halfway mark on Izumo, I tossed my hands in the air and my money at WG, converting xp to Fxp. Like washing filthy hands, I cast aside Izumo. 

It could end up being much less expensive for a new IJN BB player than it was for the rest of us. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
942
[SOV]
Members
2,645 posts
32 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Tired of the relentless grind? Tired almost sick of that stupid Izumo and others in the IJN line? Wait - what's that? You say you haven't even started the IJN BB line? What's that? You've always wanted Yamato but just could not get behind that grind, seeing the Izumo up there gate-keeping just gave the whole line a stench you could smell from another room? 

Well! Have I got the deal for you! 

For a limited time only  - and a limited amount of only $59.99! - you can press the easy button over and over and slash, slash, slash away those nasty grinding costs by FIFTY PERCENT! 

But hurry - time's a wasting and the offer's only good for a limited number of days! 

Be the first to sport the newest bonus camo out there!!! 

For offer details, look here: 

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/11290/

 

Now for a discussion... will this result in the uniqueness of Yamato fading away? Will she become just another BB in the game? Will we soon see a Yamatopocalypse soon on the NA server? 

How do you who already have her, those who have paid her price of admission, one way or another, feel about this "research booster"? 

Was it the result of cunningly devious sales people or the result of folks whining to get her without the grind? 

Is it necessary? 

 

Also... those of us who did the entire IJN BB grind, even IF we used some converted XP from time to time ($$$  too), there's a question waiting to be asked: Is there any compensation for current Yammy owners? Should there be compensation? 

Finally... as I do believe she is the point of the spear for ship acquisition in WoWS, will they offer the same offer to other BB (or other ship type) lines? 

Is this the rise of the easy button where money is the yellow-brick road to high tier ships? 

Lastly... will this result in even greater complaints about player skills at tier 10? 

Talk about something new coming out of nowhere... tiafyc and please be civil.  

And next from Oxyclean!!!! Great commercial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
501 posts

This is old news. You have been able to powergrind through lines with premium signals and the 1000 different camos most of us have in our stocks.

I ground out a Republique from the Lyon in 3 days. I put premium signals on the Vlady and got 214k ready for the tier 9 Russian BB in 25 battles.  So, for as long as there has been all of these premium signals, quick grinds have been possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
450
[-WTP-]
Members
1,139 posts
2,148 battles
7 minutes ago, FitsHeSits said:

T10 gameplay is already some of the worst in the game, lets accelerate even more idiots to top tier. Fantastic, people don't have enough to be angry with....FPS drops, crappy UI, CVs etc etc.

Some people are just angry....  T10 play couldn't get much worse at this point. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
501 posts

Also...one thing that people need to consider is the game is getting to a mature age and a lot of the player base are veterans who know the game and don't need to spend 75 battles in the tier 8 ship. I like the idea of expedited research for those players who have a few thousand battles. But, you cannot just do it for them. You have to do it for all. So be it. I think it's healthy for the game and helps veteran player retention. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,041
[ARGSY]
Members
10,373 posts
6,766 battles
13 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

So, for as long as there has been all of these premium signals, quick grinds have been possible. 

They have, true; but in order to make big XP bank quickly with them, you have to WIN with some regularity and you have to make good base XP to start with. And that means you are at the very least a competent player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,465
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,546 posts
5 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Also...one thing that people need to consider is the game is getting to a mature age and a lot of the player base are veterans who know the game and don't need to spend 75 battles in the tier 8 ship. I like the idea of expedited research for those players who have a few thousand battles. But, you cannot just do it for them. You have to do it for all. So be it. I think it's healthy for the game and helps veteran player retention. 

This is true, about mature players (in terms of games and game play). 

When I think about the game... I wonder what they have planned for Tiers 11 through  20. For all we know... they may be planning something along post-war lines...  we simply do not know nor have they indicated what, if anything, "comes next". 

Worth a thought now and then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
719
[INTEL]
Members
1,244 posts
10,931 battles
8 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

This is true, about mature players (in terms of games and game play). 

When I think about the game... I wonder what they have planned for Tiers 11 through  20. For all we know... they may be planning something along post-war lines...  we simply do not know nor have they indicated what, if anything, "comes next". 

Worth a thought now and then. 

 Talk about depressing thoughts. I can see it now. Surface to Surface cruise missiles, current AA mechanics, and ships with marginal to zero effective point defense. Literally take more time to find the enemy team than it would to decide the battle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×