Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

How fast is this game dying??

66 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
4,300 posts
10,967 battles

I have never seen so much doom and gloom on this forum in 3 years and its not subsiding. The overall feeling is that the game is that WG has messed up the meta too much with the CV rework and seems either clueless on how to stop the bleeding or too arrogant to admit mistakes.

I have seen friends and clan mates dropping like flies from the game.

WG prices are through the roof. see: Azure Lane containers for the latest on that. It seems like they are trying to milk as much as they can from the game while there are still players around.

The polls and straw polls are showing extreme opposition to the direction of the game right now. And WG is giving us polls on our favorite hot dogs. I'm not here to say what the majority of the player base thinks or anything like that. But does WG even have a clue what the player base thinks or wants? Do they even care what we think?? Have they ever considered. Are they killing the game intentionally? Do they know if they are?? It feels to me that they are just shoving out their roadmap as quickly as they can and don't care whether its being well received or not. And it feels like the player base is barely hanging around. Hey look, another ranked season.... guess what??? Tier 10 again. This game has gotten stale in its events with no variety but for a lone ranked season with Arms Race at Tier 9 (which was really well received)

What is WG thinking right now? Do they know what the player base is thinking?

Whether or not this is a majority opinion or not, the excessive doom and gloom on the forums, reddit and discords is a damper for sure and WG seems to want to ignore it and hope it will go away. Is that the smart play for them or a stupid idea?

• Cool 19
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

Unconstuctive post, expect a little holiday from the forum

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles

I don't know how fast the game is dying.  People have had Doom Threads here since 2015.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't know how fast the game is dying.  People have had Doom Threads here since 2015.

Yeah seriously, WoT was supposed to die YEARS ago when French autoloaders were introduced and it's still kicking. Oh also when artillery was reworked. And when premium shells started selling for credits. And when the Waffentrager line came out. And when... You know, it's easier to list the number of changes to these games that HAVEN'T been met with doom and gloom. If any of these games is dead it's Warplanes, if only mostly.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Members
1,471 posts
5,849 battles

Have you been reading these forums?  They are as bad now as they have ever been.  

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles

It'll lose its core players, but what will happen is that we will dive ever closer to 35% WR becoming average, as the casuals pickup the slack

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
4,300 posts
10,967 battles
7 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Unconstuctive post, expect a little holiday from the forum

3 true statements and a bunch of questions. What's nonconstructive about it? I think WG is out of touch with the player base and am inviting dialogue and conjecture for or against those questions. Perhaps it will spur WG to dig into whether or not the issues exist or not.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[IIII]
Members
1,610 posts
14,109 battles

All I want is a statement from WG. I think as players it would be a nice gesture. Something like

1. the game is fine and we are happy with it.

2. We recognise there are some issues and we are working towards it.

3. We are going to undo everything.

Something would be nice. I just want to know so I can either move on with life and forget this um, how to put nicely "flammable rubbish bin" of a game, or if I should stick it out.

• Boring 3

Members
2,420 posts
9,044 battles

Why do you care about prices?  I have not spend a dime on this game since before x-mas, and have not had desire to buy anything.  

CV rework was success, CVs are both more fun to play with and easier to play against.  People are upset because the population of CVs increased drastically, because the class is friendlier.

Meta is playable.  I play across all classes, primarily tiers 9-10, and have zero issues.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles
17 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

Have you been reading these forums?  They are as bad now as they have ever been.  

It's always been bad.  The only thing that changes is the rotation on the subject of the whines.

When the Full RU BB Line releases, the subject of focus will be the Tier IX-X RU BBs, especially the X's.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Boring 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
10 minutes ago, CaucasianReroll said:

All I want is a statement from WG. I think as players it would be a nice gesture. Something like

Something would be nice. I just want to know so I can either move on with life and forget this um, how to put nicely "flammable rubbish bin" of a game, or if I should stick it out.

Okay, people keep asking for this, but it's been three months. There has been no indication that it is even on the table, they staked everything on this rework. It is NOT going to just go away and get reverted.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
19 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

It'll lose its core players, but what will happen is that we will dive ever closer to 35% WR becoming average, as the casuals pickup the slack

Yeah I think this is what is happening. We are losing many veteran players which is unusual. With online games you get loads of player who get excited with a new game, play a while then bail after a few months. If you pay attention to the "I Quit" posts, it is from players that have been at the game for years with multiple thousands of games who are leaving. That said, it isn't a stampede for the door yet it isn't a drip either. More a trickle of dedicated player/customers walking away. I wouldn't go so far as saying the end is near but it can not be healthy for the game. Personally I hate the direction of the game right now but I am hopeful (maybe a forlorn hope) that things will stabilize or get better. Honestly I doubt Wargaming has the skill or talent to get things back on track and it will take a concerted effort by the players to "fix" the game. The one thing I have learned is the player base is pretty damn perceptive and understands where the problems are. We don't all agree on how to go about fixing them which is natural, but pinpointing the problems is going to be up to us as well as coming up with solutions. It can be difficult sometimes since we tend to regress into hyperbole and insults but when you dig thru what is being said, even when poorly written, you can find some real gems of ideas. Course this isn't always the case but often enough that we shouldn't ignore people who we may disagree with who happen to have a good idea.

• Cool 4

[EGO]
Members
3,515 posts
44 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I have never seen so much doom and gloom on this forum in 3 years and its not subsiding. The overall feeling is that the game is that WG has messed up the meta too much with the CV rework and seems either clueless on how to stop the bleeding or too arrogant to admit mistakes.

I have seen friends and clan mates dropping like flies from the game.

WG prices are through the roof. see: Azure Lane containers for the latest on that. It seems like they are trying to milk as much as they can from the game while there are still players around.

The polls and straw polls are showing extreme opposition to the direction of the game right now. And WG is giving us polls on our favorite hot dogs. I'm not here to say what the majority of the player base thinks or anything like that. But does WG even have a clue what the player base thinks or wants? Do they even care what we think?? Have they ever considered. Are they killing the game intentionally? Do they know if they are?? It feels to me that they are just shoving out their roadmap as quickly as they can and don't care whether its being well received or not. And it feels like the player base is barely hanging around. Hey look, another ranked season.... guess what??? Tier 10 again. This game has gotten stale in its events with no variety but for a lone ranked season with Arms Race at Tier 9 (which was really well received)

What is WG thinking right now? Do they know what the player base is thinking?

Whether or not this is a majority opinion or not, the excessive doom and gloom on the forums, reddit and discords is a damper for sure and WG seems to want to ignore it and hope it will go away. Is that the smart play for them or a stupid idea?

From a numbers standpoint no the game is not dying. The numbers have dipped a small but insignificant amount. What has changed is the quality of players. There has been a large decrease of players with win rates in the 60s and a corresponding increase of players with win rates in the 30s.

I thought the discontinued ships in the Santa crates followed by the proposed GC changes shortly there after was an indication we had entered cash grab territory.  It feels like the bean counters are calling the shots.

I think they are aware of the problem. Hence the 200% XP and increasing clan battles to 5 days a week.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I think this is what is happening. We are losing many veteran players which is unusual. With online games you get loads of player who get excited with a new game, play a while then bail after a few months. If you pay attention to the "I Quit" posts, it is from players that have been at the game for years with multiple thousands of games who are leaving. That said, it isn't a stampede for the door yet it isn't a drip either. More a trickle of dedicated player/customers walking away. I wouldn't go so far as saying the end is near but it can not be healthy for the game. Personally I hate the direction of the game right now but I am hopeful (maybe a forlorn hope) that things will stabilize or get better. Honestly I doubt Wargaming has the skill or talent to get things back on track and it will take a concerted effort by the players to "fix" the game. The one thing I have learned is the player base is pretty damn perceptive and understands where the problems are. We don't all agree on how to go about fixing them which is natural, but pinpointing the problems is going to be up to us as well as coming up with solutions. It can be difficult sometimes since we tend to regress into hyperbole and insults but when you dig thru what is being said, even when poorly written, you can find some real gems of ideas. Course this isn't always the case but often enough that we shouldn't ignore people who we may disagree with who happen to have a good idea.

I do agree with this, my clan has lost 5 players with over 6000 battles, but we have a never ending supply of players with 500 battles wanting to join

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
26 minutes ago, CaucasianReroll said:

This. The silence from WG is infuriating.

[SIM]
Members
3,456 posts
5,328 battles

It isn’t dying. Instead of whining constantly about three classes, people are just unified in whining about the “new” class. It sounds different, but it’s the same manchild temper tantrum that we’ve always had in this community. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,548 posts
5,078 battles
38 minutes ago, CaucasianReroll said:

Their rather oppressive silence speaks to the idea that what they would be saying would probably hurt CV sales.  Doesn't help appease the frustration but it is saying something and the volume of the silence as well. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

This. The silence from WG is infuriating.

I can't say I blame them. There are loads of problems and I don't think they know where to go or what to do about the issues. They have ignored or been slow to resolve long standing problems in the game and eventually things catch up and you get overwhelmed. I realized this during a Wargaming Twitch stream when at the end, one of the WeeGees stated simply "Remember, the game is still fun" and the chat broke out in laughter. I think Wargaming is sticking with a release schedule that is pretty tight assuming that most everything will work out with each patch. I doubt they anticipated the scale of the blowback from the CV rework and coupled with the beta testing on the live server, it just snowballed. Add to that all the other issues in the game and they are left not knowing which way to turn and instead just plow on with the schedule that is in place. Their inability to adapt and inflexibility will be a problem for a while IMHO.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
19,351 posts
17,682 battles

This game was supposed to die with the US Cruiser Split killing off all Destroyers.

The release of Asashio was supposed to make playing Battleships impossible, and thus killing off the largest portion of the playerbase.  From LWM's review of her and my 2 favorite pictures from it:

ey77W2R.gif

731f4S9.gif

Members
1,943 posts
78 battles
8 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It isn’t dying. Instead of whining constantly about three classes, people are just unified in whining about the “new” class. It sounds different, but it’s the same manchild temper tantrum that we’ve always had in this community. 

Exactly this.

People have been weeping and gnashing their teeth about the game and has long proclaimed with certainty that "(insert new thing) is the final nail to WoWS" or something like that. The difference is that this time people are whining on one single thing, and it's CVs. Back then there's plenty of thing people whined about: radar, invisible torps, HE spam, etc.

[IIII]
Members
1,610 posts
14,109 battles
40 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Okay, people keep asking for this, but it's been three months. There has been no indication that it is even on the table, they staked everything on this rework. It is NOT going to just go away and get reverted.

There has been no indication of anything has there. Just tell us something. 

I can't remember a time when this forum was so unanimous in its hatred and distaste for something. People whine all the time sure. But never of this magnitude and never unified about the same thing. 

Good leadership right now would make a statement with a plan, or accept responsibility and resign. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
3 minutes ago, CaucasianReroll said:

There has been no indication of anything has there. Just tell us something. 

I can't remember a time when this forum was so unanimous in its hatred and distaste for something. People whine all the time sure. But never of this magnitude and never unified about the same thing.

I'd hardly call the current split unanimous. In fact I'd be hard pressed to say that either side accounts for even half of the people on here.

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,112 posts
19,510 battles
11 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

The difference is that this time people are whining on one single thing, and it's CVs. Back then there's plenty of thing people whined about: radar, invisible torps, HE spam, etc.

The difference is also that whining about those subject died out relatively fast.

Whining about carriers has gone on rather steadily for nearly FOUR MONTHS now, and doesn't really show any signs of stopping.