You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

RNG Taketh and RNG Giveth.....

7 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
478 posts
12,746 battles

Honestly have no idea how I fluffed the shot on the Baltimore, one pen that didn't kill. Thinking there goes the chance of the Kraken as I am burning and broadside to a Mino in his smoke, trying to keep angled against the Roon,

I'm going to die, so try to get the guns lined up for the Hail Mary shot at glory. I actually pulled down and to the side a bit as I click in my overexcited state. Get the shot off and manage to kill the Roon from behind.

And not meaning to sound ungrateful, but is there a time limit to get the "Flesh Wound" achievement. Seems that I died before the Roon. Or was it too close as it seemed like less than a second.

shot-19.05.02_23.36.45-0244.jpg

Edited by Rabin69

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,275 posts
10,908 battles

I did 162k damage with my Lexington in a loss this afternoon. The very next match I had only done 62k when we had it in the bag although I milked out another 15k in the last few minutes. Go figure.

giphy.gif

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

• Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Members
478 posts
12,746 battles
11 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I did 162k damage with my Lexington in a loss this afternoon. The very next match I had only done 62k when we had it in the bag although I milked out another 15k in the last few minutes. Go figure.

giphy.gif

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg

Yup this game can be a see saw.

I was actually referencing to the dispersion and how the RNG rolls affect damage.

The shot on the Balti I got a pen, which should have killed him while two shells splashed. The pen appeared to do only 2,228 points of damage, which left him with a sliver of health for a teammate to get the kill.

I actually fluffed the shot against the Roon, still managed two hits, one over pen and one pen which did 4,667 damage, enough to get the kill, but I am still confused as to how WG allocates damage on shell pens.

Still think I should have gotten the "Flesh Wound" award too, as my shells were in the air when I died. But that's just me being greedy to get points towards the current event.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles
12 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

And not meaning to sound ungrateful, but is there a time limit to get the "Flesh Wound" achievement

I believe it is ten seconds. Generally this involves a hail-mary gunnery shot at long range, a torpedo shot, or a ship that floods or burns to death once you are gone. In addition, because your last flight of airplanes can stay up for three minutes if it was launched after the carrier is destroyed (unless the carrier is the last ship to die), you can get a Flesh Wound award with a rocket, bomb or aerial torpedo strike too.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
478 posts
12,746 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I believe it is ten seconds. Generally this involves a hail-mary gunnery shot at long range, a torpedo shot, or a ship that floods or burns to death once you are gone. In addition, because your last flight of airplanes can stay up for three minutes if it was launched after the carrier is destroyed (unless the carrier is the last ship to die), you can get a Flesh Wound award with a rocket, bomb or aerial torpedo strike too.

So based on what you are saying I should have gotten the award. Because the shot was out when I was alive, but only hit after I died. Unless WG doesn't deal in under 1 second increments which mean it would register that both me and the Roon died at the same time.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles
2 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Because the shot was out when I was alive, but only hit after I died.

No, I meant AFTER ten seconds. If you die too close together, you don't get it.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
478 posts
12,746 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, I meant AFTER ten seconds. If you die too close together, you don't get it.

Oh, thanks. Got it.