Balkan_Bloodpaw

Banned from chat. Any way to figure out exactly why?

13 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
686 battles

Was playing WoWs last yesterday and I logged back in today and got this. I try to keep my chatting PG for this very reason and I'm confused as to why exactly I got this. Is there a way to access my chat logs or find the offending message? It doesn't bother me too much but if this dings my account in any way I want to what I can do about it. If I did blurt out something stupid than I take full responsibility for it and I won't push the issue further but if not, than I want to ascertain why I got it.

20190502211122_1.png

[90THD]
Members
109 posts

Maybe you shouldn't use profanity or insult other players in chat.

• Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,595 posts
15,896 battles

No one on the forum can tell you.

You could contact either Support, or an Administrator, and explain the situation to them, and possibly they could help. 

But bringing issues like this to the Forum is considered a no no by the game.

[90THD]
Members
109 posts
Just now, Balkan_Bloodpaw said:

I said I keep my language PG when I chat because I know this is what'll happen. I'm just trying to find out why I got dinged.

Because you were reported for chat misuse multiple times.  It's an automated system.  When you receive enough reports or if someone screenshots something you said and submits a ticket then you get suspended.

Members
3,920 posts
8,419 battles
1 minute ago, Raven_Floki said:

Because you were reported for chat misuse multiple times.  It's an automated system.  When you receive enough reports or if someone screenshots something you said and submits a ticket then you get suspended.

This.

It's happened to me a few times for being a bit salty with potato dummkopfs in Random. No biggie.

• Cool 2

Members
4 posts
686 battles
2 minutes ago, Raven_Floki said:

Hence why this confuses me. I don't swear in the chat, period. I know this is what can happen. I want to know what I said, if anything at all and rectify it if I can.

4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

No one on the forum can tell you.

You could contact either Support, or an Administrator, and explain the situation to them, and possibly they could help. 

But bringing issues like this to the Forum is considered a no no by the game.

Ok, thank you

[90THD]
Members
109 posts

You might not have said anything wrong, you may have just ticked off a bunch of people and they reported you just because

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,272 posts
10,908 battles

Star a ticket with support. They can knock it off your record but the ban will be over

• Cool 1

Members
4 posts
686 battles
5 minutes ago, Raven_Floki said:

You might not have said anything wrong, you may have just ticked off a bunch of people and they reported you just because

I've gotten into contact with support and we'll see where it goes from here.  Gonna sign off from here, have a nice night all.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles

Do you play CVs by any chance? It seems to be a red flag for many nowadays, as stupid as this sounds.

• Cool 1

[TASH]
Members
5,088 posts
9,310 battles

Evidently you pissed someone off and they filed a ticket.

Also coincidentally I got chat banned today too.

[WGA]
Administrator
860 posts
13,440 battles

Heyo Captains,

If you have a question or concern about a moderation activity taken against your account in-game, please submit a Support Ticket requesting information on it.

To submit a support ticket please follow the instructions here:

To avoid moderation action, I would recommend to all captains keeping your chat to appropriate terminology, avoiding derogatory communication, and keeping chat to a PG level.

Since discussing moderation action is against the forum rules I will be closing this thread.

Fem,