You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Richelieu...how to play?

5 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
304 posts
1,905 battles

I loved the Normandie and Lyon, did very well with them. I was looking forward to the Richelieu, but I seem to suck at her, what is her play style? I do like and have fun with the Dunkerque at T6. My French BB CPT is 15P,

[SIDE]
Members
2,070 posts

All main guns in front.

Point bow at enemy.

Click.

Watch your flanks, it’s not a great kiter.

Spec for main gun handling and survivability.

Its a great boat. You’ll enjoy it.

Edited by thebigblue

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
558 posts
12,047 battles

Like you I did quite well with the Lyon and Normandie but struggled with the Richie. I always stayed bow in but she was so large that she felt permanently spotted by the enemy team and would burn quite frequently. Her armor is poor, especially when uptiered as she often was, and while fast in a straight line is not very maneuverable. The best I could do for her was keep her as a second line support ship and use her excellent guns and range. The Richie's AA isn't terrible either. 

To be honest after months of struggle, I didn't enjoy playing her so she sat most of the time, I just used free XP and got the Alsace...which is awesome. 

Good luck with your grind. 

youve-putin-a-lot-of-work-goodluck.jpg

Members
3,914 posts
8,383 battles

I did well in the Dunkerque, but so far not terribly good in the Richelieu.

But omg I love the over-the-top camo. It smacks of Monty Python French taunting:

ARTHUR: The Castle Aggh. Our quest is at an end! God be praised! Almighty God, we thank Thee that Thou hast vouchsafed to us the most holy- [twong baaaa] Jesus Christ!

GUARD: 'Allo, daffy English kniggets and Monsieur Arthur-King, who has the brain of a duck, you know! So, we French fellows out-wit you a second time!

ARTHUR: How dare you profane this place with your presence!? I command you, in the name of the Knights of Camelot, to open the doors of this sacred castle, to which God himself has guided us!

GUARD: How you English say, I one more time-a unclog my nose in your direction, sons of a window-dresser! So, you think you could out-clever us French folk with your silly knees-bent running about in dancing behavior! I wave my private parts at your aunties, you cheesy lot of second hand electric donkey bottom biters.

ARTHUR: In the name of the Lord, we demand entrance to this sacred castle!

GUARD: No chance, English bedwetting types. I burst my pimples at you and call your door opening request a silly thing. You tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!

ARTHUR: If you do not open this door, we shall take this castle by force! [splat] In the name of God and the glory of our-- [splat] Right! That settles it!

And just check out the camo on this baby. mon dieu, mais c'est formidable non?

Spoiler

2007124568_Richelieu2.jpg.0422b1a80eb5d81cef3bd314d62b100c.jpg

114618446_Richelieu3.jpg.ebe01a8140c3aaf8261de86ed8d26d9a.jpg

Richelieu.jpg.7bd148206e08340bf7159232ad3f2158.jpg

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts

Secondary all the things!

Disclaimer: It isn't that good of a secondary ship and this won't actually help.  I just really like secondaries :).