You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

Scuttling ship

26 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
29 posts
4,544 battles

Missing feature. When you don't really have a fighting chance the captain should be able to award the opposing team to scuttle his ship. Governments do this. We should be able too.

• Boring 2

[ODIN]
Members
1,322 posts
3,206 battles

There have been times where I've wanted this feature just to save everyone's time, but I think it would just cause problems. Defeatists, nay-sayers, and generally unsupportive players are bad enough as it is.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,375 posts
5,442 battles

There would inevitably be divisions of trolls, who mass scuttle at the beginning of a match to troll their own team.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
633 posts
4,558 battles

Sure, if u r guaranteed 0 XP, 0 credits and pay a hefty fine, say 250k silver

[PQUOD]
Members
1,739 posts
8,985 battles

Yeah, not saving any sailors in this game by fighting to the end or surrendering. It would be abused. If your going to lose like your the last ship and the red team has all the caps, the lead, and a bead on you. Either time runs out. The enemy reaches 1000. You reach 0.

If your going to lose and you want to end it so you can start over or leave without turning pink. Charge into them Lee Roy Jenkins style.

That should be an award or flag. Lol

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
2 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Sure, if u r guaranteed 0 XP and pay a hefty fine, say 250k silver

I would say a -1000 ship XP fine, or if not enough on ship, -1000 FXP, and as you say, -250K silver.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,375 posts
5,442 battles
3 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Sure, if u r guaranteed 0 XP, 0 credits and pay a hefty fine, say 250k silver

in addition to this also add instant pinkness, which can result in a ban with repeated scuttlings.

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Yeah, not saving any sailors in this game by fighting to the end or surrendering. It would be abused. If your going to lose like your the last ship and the red team has all the caps, the lead, and a bead on you. Either time runs out. The enemy reaches 1000. You reach 0.

If your going to lose and you want to end it so you can start over or leave without turning pink. Charge into them Lee Roy Jenkins style.

That should be an award or flag. Lol

Honestly, I think this is the best approach. A ram is already a dev strike, and I've often been in games where the last person on a team seeks to go out in a blaze of glory by going for the ram. Someone on the opposing team is almost always willing to oblige.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,460 posts
12,810 battles

If you want to end the game, get detected and die.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,739 posts
8,985 battles
Just now, yungpanda said:

Honestly, I think this is the best approach. A ram is already a dev strike, and I've often been in games where the last person on a team seeks to go out in a blaze of glory by going for the ram. Someone on the opposing team is almost always willing to oblige.

I just go out guns blazing. I've attempted rams and just got sucker punched from someone just kill stealing from their team mate

[LHG]
Members
1,494 posts
5,995 battles

If you really want someone to scuttle your ship, the enemy team is always happy to oblige. You also get some rewards for it in the form of potential damage.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,007 posts
5,775 battles
12 minutes ago, Dareios said:

thinks back to all the arty drownings on tonks...

pessimists and cowards always find a way to express their feelings in video games.

when world of tanks had global chat,losing your tank to the lone  arty was a good reason to feel humiliated.

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,371 posts
11,879 battles

Absolutely not.  Offers too many opportunities for abuse.

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

There would inevitably be divisions of trolls, who mass scuttle at the beginning of a match to troll their own team.

I often suspect those players that simply rush into the enemy team and get instantly sunk right near the start of the battle to possibly be “scuttling their ships”. But it’s impossible to prove that’s what they did, and it does allow them to leave the battle penalty free aside from losses in credits, signal flags, and Camo. And sometimes there have been multiple players in quick succession that have been sunk only seconds apart from each other and very early on in the battle, and no enemy losses as a result.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,642 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Toxygene said:

Missing feature. When you don't really have a fighting chance the captain should be able to award the opposing team to scuttle his ship. Governments do this. We should be able too.

So everyone who is dis-satisfied with the MM in a match can just screw their team and scuttle themselves? Yeah, let's get right onto that first thing!

1 hour ago, Frenotx said:

I think it would just cause problems. Defeatists, nay-sayers, and generally unsupportive players are bad enough as it is.

Exactly right!

23 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Absolutely not.  Offers too many opportunities for abuse.

This.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
105 posts
5,373 battles

It would probably wind up like WoT, where people suicide to either avoid the penalty for quitting the game early or to rob the opposition of the XP killing them would bring.  Yes SPGs, I'm looking at you

[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,203 posts
20,193 battles

In this game you always have a fighting chance.  There is nothing whatsoever to be gained from this feature being in game. 

If you feel you dont have a chance,  it is you and not the game.  

• Boring 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

If I had a problem of living I might like this idea! Currently not sure when I'd have a chance to use it. 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,487 posts
9,607 battles

In real life, like with Graf Spee there were real irreplaceable lives and nation making mechanical secrets at stake.

World of Warships is an mmo where such factors thankfully are unjustified. Therefore You should look forward to fighting to the end.

We would still be fighting ww2 today if nobody could die. That Law applies to our ships; technically anyway.

:Smile_honoring:

Members
395 posts
6,793 battles

Go down fighting, or don't bother clicking the Battle button. Period. Worse case scenario, as someone else said, fire your guns and charge, get yourself spotted and help them speed things up.  If you are so far out of position, as to not be anywhere near an enemy or objective, you don't need a scuttle button...

Edited by Valas1
  • Cool 1