Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Planetos

Too Many ships collecting dust

11 comments in this topic

[VENUM]
Members
49 posts
5,098 battles

I am quite positive i am not the only player that has a lot of low tier ships that they like to play. However with a full time job, and trying to keep up with all of the Tier 5 and up events and missions, my low tiers are starting to collect dust :Smile_sad:.

before anyone says anything stupid, I know the missions and events are NOT necessary, but when these events are going on, the low tier MM is also pretty scarce. 

What would you think if WG came up with a special event that required LOW TIER  ships (Tier 2-4) to complete, as opposed to the usual (Tier 5-X) missions and events? There are plenty of special and unique ships at low tiers that could be used by players of any skill lvl, which would add some flavor to the low tiers for a limited time. Share your thoughts please.

• Cool 4

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,432 posts
20,874 battles

Its long overdue for lower tier ships

• Cool 1

Members
2,396 posts
8,988 battles
4 minutes ago, Planetos said:

What would you think if WG came up with a special event that required LOW TIER  ships (Tier 2-4) to complete, as opposed to the usual (Tier 5-X) missions and events? There are plenty of special and unique ships at low tiers that could be used by players of any skill lvl, which would add some flavor to the low tiers for a limited time. Share your thoughts please.

WG is trying to motivate players to spend money to get into (or keep playing) the higher tiers.  For example their Friendly "Victory" Competition awards considerably more points for playing T10 ships in randoms, as opposed to playing lower tiers (or co-op for that matter).  It's just business, they want more money.  There's no money in lower tiers, so they are not motivated to invest time into those.

Members
1,885 posts
8,209 battles

I enjoy tiers 2 - 4... like others wish I had reason to play them more. 

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
10,045 posts
19,455 battles
7 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

WG is trying to motivate players to spend money to get into (or keep playing) the higher tiers.  For example their Friendly "Victory" Competition awards considerably more points for playing T10 ships in randoms, as opposed to playing lower tiers (or co-op for that matter).  It's just business, they want more money.  There's no money in lower tiers, so they are not motivated to invest time into those.

Too bad for them I couldn’t care less about high tier end game ships or playing them.

• Cool 2

[LOU1]
Members
3,560 posts
9,429 battles

I have always felt they don't want to encourage experienced players with 19-point Commanders to spend too much time in the lower tiers.  Right now, the Naval Battles event allows any tier and I am sure there are some players running Tier 2's and 3's to knock out the 300 point levels quickly.  If there were too many events, I think there would be a lot more seal clubbing than there is now.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,687 posts
8,858 battles
57 minutes ago, Planetos said:

I am quite positive i am not the only player that has a lot of low tier ships that they like to play. However with a full time job, and trying to keep up with all of the Tier 5 and up events and missions, my low tiers are starting to collect dust :Smile_sad:.

before anyone says anything stupid, I know the missions and events are NOT necessary, but when these events are going on, the low tier MM is also pretty scarce. 

Our clan started simu-launching lower tiers for fun. Half the time you get on opposite sides in random. It's fun and for bragging rights

Members
1,084 posts
2,399 battles

Yeah it is the t5 or more requirement that made me mothballs my lower tier prems and not be tempted to buy any others.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,668 posts
24,428 battles

It's a shame because they are well modeled and fun to play, but there's no incentive to do so.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this