You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

The Azur Lane post has to be perm

32 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
2,644 posts

Having the ship like its a modle is amazing. Remings me of all the models I built as a kid.

The needs to stay.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 3

[WGA]
Administrator
1,198 posts
486 battles

We're really glad you like the port!  I'll admit I was a bit skeptical about it when I first saw the concepts but now I'm using it every day.  I just wish there was a way to shoo the mice because clearly the cat isn't going to do it.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles
1 minute ago, Radar_X said:

We're really glad you like the port!  I'll admit I was a bit skeptical about it when I first saw the concepts but now I'm using it every day.  I just wish there was a way to shoo the mice because clearly the cat isn't going to do it.

I think the whole "a sleeping cat and two squeaking mice" is just suppose to be a fun joke of the port, lol. I like it.

7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Having the ship like its a modle is amazing. Remings me of all the models I built as a kid.

The needs to stay.

AFAIK, as long as you clicked on the Participate button before the collab is over, the port is yours to keep, even after the collab is over.

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,644 posts
32 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

lol.

Seeing the ships like models has to stay some how!! 

Also Tragoorn the burninator!  I have not thought about Home Star Runner if forever.

Members
2,420 posts
9,044 battles
48 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Is it possible to have a different kind of "port" that has ship model on a stand in a more formal environment?  You can call it Captain Quarters, has a nice ring to it.  I believe it would be popular.

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
2,644 posts
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

Radar x your avatar is great. I have not seen Home Star Runner in a long time.

Tragdoorn the burninator!

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,006 posts
5,775 battles
21 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Is it possible to have a different kind of "port" that has ship model on a stand in a more formal environment?  You can call it Captain Quarters, has a nice ring to it.  I believe it would be popular.

formal environment? you mean surrounded by unfinished models of ships,garage  things and whatnot?

[LLF]
Beta Testers
347 posts

I really like it because we get a great clear look at the ship that isn't blocked by water or other objects.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,375 posts
5,442 battles

What I like is that you can zoom in much closer than the other ports, and examine the instruments through the bridge windows.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
634 posts
3,903 battles
37 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

@HazeGrayUnderway Posted a really good idea for that. I hope it gets passed along to WeeGee. Would make nice port without the anime vibes for those who don't like it.

[SOV]
Members
2,644 posts
5 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

What I like is that you can zoom in much closer than the other ports, and examine the instruments through the bridge windows.

The ships are amazingly detailed.

Maybe I can finally find that fritz X on the Roma!

Edited by jags_domain

[OO7]
Members
4,298 posts
10,967 battles

I love the concept, the visuals are a little too cartoony for my liking though.

[-BUI-]
Members
947 posts
2,925 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

AFAIK, as long as you clicked on the Participate button before the collab is over, the port is yours to keep, even after the collab is over.

Where is said button?

[-BUI-]
Members
947 posts
2,925 battles

Alright, got my port, heard the mouse make a noise and had to race back here.

The 2 mouse noises played are taken DIRECTLY from Everquest (which might have used stock sounds itself meaning these would just be the same stock sounds).

[ODIN]
Members
1,322 posts
3,206 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

I saw someone mention an awesome idea for a port inspired by it: a museum hallway. The ship is a model instead a glass case, with all the nice stark bright lighting you'd expect in a setting like that. Pretty simple (especially compared to some of the city ports), but it would be very classy, and show off the details of the models wonderfully.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,505 posts
4,404 battles
12 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Alright, got my port, heard the mouse make a noise and had to race back here.

The 2 mouse noises played are taken DIRECTLY from Everquest (which might have used stock sounds itself meaning these would just be the same stock sounds).

Wow, I'm amazed that you recognized the sound. It sounded like just a generic mouse squeak that you can hear pretty much anywhere on some media with a mouse, to my ears.

[-BUI-]
Members
947 posts
2,925 battles
9 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Wow, I'm amazed that you recognized the sound. It sounded like just a generic mouse squeak that you can hear pretty much anywhere on some media with a mouse, to my ears.

I have a good ear for familiar audio.    I can pick out celebrity voices in commercials and stuff instantly as well, just saw a commercial the other day that was definitely Fred Savage.

That squeak though, you hear it a LOT if you've ever played Everquest, its burned into my memory forever.

Edited by Zenn3k

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles

I've gotta say, I'm impressed at jags_domain's ability to screw up every single sentence he types, even if it's only 4 words long.

Edited by grumpymunky
  • Funny 1

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,993 posts
2,433 battles
1 hour ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

@HazeGrayUnderway Posted a really good idea for that. I hope it gets passed along to WeeGee. Would make nice port without the anime vibes for those who don't like it.

Captain's Cabin. That would be a nice room port to have. Althought this is an Admiral's Cabin, it's a good one to look at for an idea: renown7.jpg

source: https://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/renown_class.htm

image.png.a633f74d31139966a2f651081e21c50c.png

Captain's Cabin on USS New Jersey

Edited by Hurlbut

[FORM]
Members
516 posts
5,704 battles
13 hours ago, Radar_X said:

I just wish there was a way to shoo the mice...

Agreed. The mouse's squeek is definitely annoying over time. I'd much rather have an occasional cat purr.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

For talk like a pirate day why not have an old pirate ship captain's quarters with a similar display of a ship - for those who want variety. 

I do love how the ships are display in the AL port, don't get me wrong, I just know I'll get tired of it.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,644 posts
10 hours ago, Hurlbut said:

Captain's Cabin. That would be a nice room port to have. Althought this is an Admiral's Cabin, it's a good one to look at for an idea: renown7.jpg

source: https://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/renown_class.htm

image.png.a633f74d31139966a2f651081e21c50c.png

Captain's Cabin on USS New Jersey

I saw the silver for USS Mass and the WV and it was like the crown jewels fancy does even begin to describe it.

They could really do somthing with this. I know its a port but it does enhance the experance for many of us.

• Cool 1

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,993 posts
2,433 battles
2 hours ago, StoptheViolins said:

For talk like a pirate day why not have an old pirate ship captain's quarters with a similar display of a ship - for those who want variety. 

I do love how the ships are display in the AL port, don't get me wrong, I just know I'll get tired of it.

Something like this? image.thumb.png.0896f1c1413f2dc7c2015b57745fffa2.png

• Cool 1

[NH]
Members
630 posts
19 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Yes, it really makes me want to click things. It reminds me of the Hearthstone boards where things are interactive. Any chance of this happening to ports?