You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TwoLate51

Even I have had enough.

105 comments in this topic

[THOR]
Members
196 posts
4,205 battles

I have been support and try to get along with this CV rework but my patience is gone. I have 75 ships.  I am ashamed in how many thousands of dollars I have spent on premiums, Doubloons to convert xp, moving captains around respecting I bet I spent 100,000 doubloons easy alone on moving captains and respecting. Watching videos learning trying to get good and It is getting frustrating getting pounded by one carrier and get bombed constantly and deleted in minutes. You cant stay in a group 100 percent of the time.

Ok now that is spilled out and time for therapy my only question or thought is why:

"Want I cant figure out is why my surface ship shoots and I go out of dark and a carrier can drop ordinance and stay dark. That carrier should come out of dark for 15 seconds like surface ships. I get gun plume on a ship but this is not a sim it is a game and for balance sake a CV should be spotted when it uses ordinance. A CV gets to camp in a corner and never get spotted. "

So now I am playing  just a handful of ships and play for free. I am not paying anymore for this grief. I am not saying goodbye just not paying anymore. I got a few ships I still enjoy and that is it for me.

• Cool 37
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 8

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,204 posts
14,956 battles

I would like to see the carrier be more of a support ship, protecting his fleet, some spotting, not as much as there is now and more strategic play vs the enemy carrier vs the damage farm that exists now, then focus on the carriers late game.

I find it very bad form to fly by enemy planes and do nothing about it except high five them over the B cap. Sure, I can drop fighters and hope the other Cv is a nub... would like a deeper dive than that concerning the enemy planes.

• Cool 4

[NET]
Beta Testers
473 posts
4,283 battles

cvs would die way too fast if what you want happened.

• Cool 3

Members
4,375 posts
7,091 battles

Since the rework I have not seen an issue with CVs not being damaged.  I have damaged quite a few and just like with the previous work - follow tte planes back to learn about where they are.  They should not have any type of gun plume because - they don't have them.  Friendly carriers can help their DDs stay alive as well - failure to adapt is the issue.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[NPG]
Members
105 posts
2,553 battles

Since you want CVs to bloom with every attack does this mean you want DDs to bloom when they drop torpedoes too?

• Cool 10
  • Bad 2

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
13 minutes ago, Vengeance said:

Since you want CVs to bloom with every attack does this mean you want DDs to bloom when they drop torpedoes too?

This.

There is a reason DDs, minos etc fire from smoke, behind rocks, anyway they can chuck out damage, but can't be shot at in return.  They tend to go down fast under fire and the second they are lit up, the entire team tries to kill them.  CVs are not different.

If CVs lit up every time they dropped on a target, they would get about 10K damage per game.  We are huge and easy to hit like BBs, but we don't have anywhere near the armor and other than the (I just go in straight lines everywhere) auto pilot, there is not one actually driving the ship.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
957 posts

We need a forum restriction.

No one should be allowed to comment how 'easy' a class is unless they actually have played it.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 4

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
1 minute ago, Dareios said:

No one should be allowed to comment how 'easy' a class is unless they actually have played it.

That's a good point.  OP has 0 CV games, both before and after the rework.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[CVA16]
Members
3,148 posts
11,000 battles
17 minutes ago, motaz87 said:

cvs would die way too fast if what you want happened.

You say that like it would be a bad thing:Smile_trollface:

6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

If CVs lit up every time they dropped on a target, they would get about 10K damage per game.

If CVs actually had true skin in the game, like the rest of us...Where there wasn't a 70-80% chance they survive until the end of the game...I think most would be OK with increasing their alpha (except maybe for Midway).

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
9 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

If CVs actually had true skin in the game, like the rest of us...Where there wasn't a 70-80% chance they survive until the end of the game...I think most would be OK with increasing their alpha (except maybe for Midway).

What do you want us to do, tell the auto pilot to drive the floating office building with no guns into A cap for you?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[CNK]
[CNK]
Members
275 posts
11,354 battles
22 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

I have been support and try to get along with this CV rework but my patience is gone. I have 75 ships.  I am ashamed in how many thousands of dollars I have spent on premiums, Doubloons to convert xp, moving captains around respecting I bet I spent 100,000 doubloons easy alone on moving captains and respecting. Watching videos learning trying to get good and It is getting frustrating getting pounded by one carrier and get bombed constantly and deleted in minutes. You cant stay in a group 100 percent of the time.

Ok now that is spilled out and time for therapy my only question or thought is why:

"Want I cant figure out is why my surface ship shoots and I go out of dark and a carrier can drop ordinance and stay dark. That carrier should come out of dark for 15 seconds like surface ships. I get gun plume on a ship but this is not a sim it is a game and for balance sake a CV should be spotted when it uses ordinance. A CV gets to camp in a corner and never get spotted. "

So now I am playing  just a handful of ships and play for free. I am not paying anymore for this grief. I am not saying goodbye just not paying anymore. I got a few ships I still enjoy and that is it for me.

I too was supportive of the CV rework at first but have also grown tired of the never ending live-test and share the same frustrations when trying to play DDs or any ship with sub-par AA. I have 150+ ships and have probably spent as much or more on the game as you.

• Cool 4

[WOLF5]
Members
686 posts
8,451 battles

....i have played my first ever CV in random yesterday.... It was fun. At tier4,,CVs are just support ships,,and scouts....  Anyhow,, i don`t see CVs, and CV rework, as a game breaking mechanism. Needs more work ? Absolutely . 2cvs per team too many ? Yes,absolutely.Getting plastered by planes 2 tiers  above mine ship fair ? Not really. Getting planes killed like flies when planes are 2 tiers below my ship ?? Fun.....but not fair. ... ? The +/-2 tier system is the game braking..not the cvs......

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
1,296 posts
5,686 battles
28 minutes ago, Dareios said:

Why?  How will playing CVs change their perception of game play when using other ship types?  Do I have to be hit by a car to understand that getting hit by one isn't fun?  

• Cool 6
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 3

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,062 posts
6,203 battles
32 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

If, as a CV, I would be detected the instant I dropped ordnance you can bet on two things.

1) I would also be in a corner or behind an island

2) I would also want the ability to instantly delete ships much like other ships have.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
3,148 posts
11,000 battles
34 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

What do you want us to do, tell the auto pilot to drive the floating office building with no guns into A cap for you?

Would you please?:Smile_teethhappy:

Realistically, anything that made the CV as vulnerable as the rest of us should be accompanied by increasing the abilities to control the ship AND the squadron.

The meta now is every ship has to sail in the AA bait ball except the ship actually dictating the meta.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
21 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Why?  How will playing CVs change their perception of game play when using other ship types?  Do I have to be hit by a car to understand that getting hit by one isn't fun?  

Having done something yourself, gives one a perspective that is usually different than just talking about it.  In all things in life, proven experience and doing, is worth everything.  Talking about doing, with no experience, has no value.

If you were seeking advice on how to fix something, would you put value in the information from someone who has never had any experience using that thing, or someone who has first hand and extensive experience using that thing?

• Bad 3

[INTEL]
Members
1,389 posts
10,043 battles

Yes, then you would know how fun it is to harass and run over pedestrians in your car.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,466 posts
9,441 battles
1 hour ago, TwoLate51 said:

Just because you have teammates doesn't mean they do what they could do for you or what they are capable of doing. This is a challenge that every surface combatant has to put up with since inception.

With only 1-2 squadrons to worry about from the enemy team, it doesn't hurt to reloacate to anleas interesting sector kf the map than try to abuse your stealth characteristics.

Cap rushing is no longer a valid strategy. Now, as a DD you have to use your stealth constructively and conservatively instead of only worrying about red DDs and forgetting everyone else.

[SIM]
Members
3,407 posts
5,241 battles

Because your shells can’t be shot out of the air, nor can your torpedoes be blown out of the water. CVs and surface ships are different on a lot of levels, with different strengths and weaknesses. /thread

[THOR]
Members
196 posts
4,205 battles
56 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

That's a good point.  OP has 0 CV games, both before and after the rework.

Look I know I have zero games in a CV and have no desire to play it. Like I said I supported the CV rework and worked with the Meta. I get it is hard for a CV player to take the hate but I had a question and I got some response to it. So it is ok for a carrier to hide in a corner stay dark till the end of game so it can survive got it. I wish I had that luxury to hide in corner but that would be no use to my team.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
3,148 posts
11,000 battles
17 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Having done something yourself, gives one a perspective that is usually different than just talking about it.  In all things in life, proven experience and doing, is worth everything.  Talking about what you are going to do or what you can do, has no value.

If you were seeking advice on how to fix something, would you put value in the information from someone has never had any experience using that thing, or someone has first hand and extensive experience using that thing?

So we (the non-cv driving players) are trying to play a game of (pick one: baseball, soccer, football) and some guy is shooting paintballs at us from the upper deck of the bleachers. Do we need to try it out ourselves to see how hard it is? Are we supposed to admire how much skill it takes to actually hit us? To realize it is really our fault when we get hit because we didn't move around enough or put all our attention on where this guy is and where he is aiming?

• Cool 2

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
957 posts
35 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

youre also not allowed to share the road until you pass a skills and knowledge test. regardless of whether you are on a motorcyle, sedan or lorry.

tp continue your analogy, why do I need to know learn how to WASD to understand how I dont like to be torpedoed or citadeled.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
11 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

Look I know I have zero games in a CV and have no desire to play it. Like I said I supported the CV rework and worked with the Meta. I get it is hard for a CV player to take the hate but I had a question and I got some response to it. So it is ok for a carrier to hide in a corner stay dark till the end of game so it can survive got it. I wish I had that luxury to hide in corner but that would be no use to my team.

It's not hard to take the hate at all.  It doesn't bother me.

I am all about discussing actual game balance.  This suggestion isn't at all balanced though.

[ODIN]
Members
1,312 posts
3,206 battles

I often already get incidentally spotted when I'm playing carrier, often by the other carrier. If I'm in a compromising position, I'm at major risk of the enemy CV just spotting for their team and sending me to Davy Jones. As such, I make a point of positioning myself either behind cover, or out of lethal range from threats. I wouldn't really care that much if my carrier magically lit up when I dropped bombs, and it wouldn't really have that big of an effect on carriers that are already playing smartly.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
10 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

So we (the non-cv driving players) are trying to play a game of (pick one: baseball, soccer, football) and some guy is shooting paintballs at us from the upper deck of the bleachers. Do we need to try it out ourselves to see how hard it is? Are we supposed to admire how much skill it takes to actually hit us? To realize it is really our fault when we get hit because we didn't move around enough or put all our attention on where this guy is and where he is aiming?

This is exactly the disconnect that still suprises me.

"We" (the CV players) are also playing that same game (baseball, soccer, football).  The whole point of the rework was to remove the outlier, the odd ball CV RTS gameplay.  Between the premium sales, upcoming clan wars, the next ranked season and the console versions of the game all planned to include CVs, they are clearly are not going anywhere at this point. 

The sooner the playbase decides to recognize that, the sooner we can get to talking about the actual balance and maybe fixing some of the issues people have.  As long as the CV is still viewed as the outlier (even though it isn't) this will just continue.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1