You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

Mutsu - Need advice

14 comments in this topic

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

I purchased this battleship some time ago but I am unable to make it works well. I like the concept of the ship, a Nagato with defensive torps, but I find Fuso easier to play and more effective, my average damage with Mutsu is 30000 which is not great. With the presence of CVs meaning several planes, I find Mutsu AA really useless and I am constantly an easy target for CVs. Also, which captain skills would you recommend?

Edited by Avrova1904

Members
3,932 posts
8,487 battles

Funny you should mention it--I just sold mine a few days ago. Why play the Mutsu when I have a Nagato with perm camo? The torps are about as useful as fins on a '59 Buick. So, she was removed from the fleet finally.

[RLGN]
Members
10,125 posts
19,511 battles
15 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Funny you should mention it--I just sold mine a few days ago. Why play the Mutsu when I have a Nagato with perm camo? The torps are about as useful as fins on a '59 Buick. So, she was removed from the fleet finally.

(Mweh-heh-heh; I predict your next SC will have a Mutsu... Like the mythical Monkey paw, sold premiums come back to haunt you. Someone posted recently about selling Kut, and buying crates; in which they received a Kut...)

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
5,020 posts
11,294 battles
9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

(Mweh-heh-heh; I predict your next SC will have a Mutsu... Like the mythical Monkey paw, sold premiums come back to haunt you. Someone posted recently about selling Kut, and buying crates; in which they received a Kut...)

Why in the :etc_swear: would anyone sell Kutuzov?!?  That ship is a beast!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,644 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Avrova1904 said:

I purchased this battleship some time ago but I am unable to make it works well. I like the concept of the ship, a Nagato with defensive torps, but I find Fuso easier to play and more effective, my average damage with Mutsu is 30000 which is not great. With the presence of CVs meaning several planes, I find Mutsu AA really useless and I am constantly an easy target for CVs. Also, which captain skills would you recommend?

The first thing I would recommend is for you to read @LittleWhiteMouse's review of Mutsu; it holds some very helpful information and will aid you in learning how to best play the ship. I love mine, which I won in a supercontainer, even though I am NOT in any way, shape, or form a BB main. I enjoy her tankiness, and the impact those 16" guns can have on the enemy. Like many BBs, she is vulnerable to fire, torps, and air power, so yoloing is a bozo no no. She has good range, hits like a truck, and can bounce a lot of incoming shells if angled correctly. She also handles like a truck, burns like a dry forest, and is about as maneuverable as a drunken fat girl on roller skates. She requires love and patience, but can reward the experienced hand. Good luck with yours and don't get discouraged.

Members
3,932 posts
8,487 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

The first thing I would recommend is for you to read @LittleWhiteMouse's review of Mutsu; it holds some very helpful information and will aid you in learning how to best play the ship. I love mine, which I won in a supercontainer, even though I am NOT in any way, shape, or form a BB main. I enjoy her tankiness, and the impact those 16" guns can have on the enemy. Like many BBs, she is vulnerable to fire, torps, and air power, so yoloing is a bozo no no. She has good range, hits like a truck, and can bounce a lot of incoming shells if angled correctly. She also handles like a truck, burns like a dry forest, and is about as maneuverable as a drunken fat girl on ice skates. She requires love and patience, but can reward the experienced hand. Good luck with yours and don't get discouraged.

Yes I didn't mean to imply she is a bad ship, at all. But I prefer those guns on the Nagato or Amagi.

One of the fascinating things about this game is the synergy that certain players have with certain ships. That's my epiphany for today.

Members
3,932 posts
8,487 battles
32 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

You could waterboard me and I will never sell my Kutuzov... nuh uh.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,436 posts
20,977 battles

Never sell a premium , never ! ! ! 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,804 posts
10,303 battles

I don't feel like it was a particularly strong ship in the first place, and it's just made worse now by all the planes.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,644 posts
15,896 battles
41 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

But I prefer those guns on the Nagato or Amagi.

Who doesn't, though it isn't the guns, it's the ammo. The guns are the same. But that's why one is tier 8, one is tier 7, and Mutsu is tier 6. 

Members
3,932 posts
8,487 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Who doesn't, though it isn't the guns, it's the ammo. The guns are the same. But that's why one is tier 8, one is tier 7, and Mutsu is tier 6. 

True dat.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,369 posts
17,682 battles
7 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

When the Smoke - Gun Detection Nerf hit, a bunch of idiots sold off their Belfasts and Kutuzovs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

I like when things go well in this ship but most of the times are not. For example, I just finished my latest game sunk because the two CVs were focusing on me and I couldn't dodge all the torps and bombs. The AA is too weak to compete against two CVs, not to mention if one of them is 2 tiers above. Any captain skills you can recommend me for Mutsu?

Members
824 posts
3,945 battles

Tier 1 skills: pick one skill, which ever you prefer.

Tier 2 skills: Jack of all trades, High Alert.

Tier 3 skills: Superintendent, Survivability Expert.

Tier 4 skills: Fire Prevention, Advanced Fire training.

On a side note I'd also recommend taking the Propulsion Modification 2 upgrade and putting the Sierra Mike Signal flag on the Mutsu, that way the AA bubble from your team can't leave you behind and it'll help with avoiding torpedo's since you move much faster. Also try to avoid any incoming fire from anything bigger then a 14 inch gun as it will plow through your armor even if you angle.

Edited by Magic_Fighting_Tuna