You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Noob guidance needed ( again) Concealment

13 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
329 posts

Ok I'm getting deeper into the mechanics now.  I'm working on stealth and concealment less YOLO / Ambush.   I'm trying to work the HUD and get around unseen ( in the DD and CA ) and I think I am doing it wrong.  I see the dotted circle and try to keep planes and ships out of it but I'm missing something.  When playing COOP it seems like as soon as I get the Detected notice It jumps to 3 or more see me  and some INSTANTLY shoot me down.  Now I need time to get my guns on them but they seem to know where I am before the warning.  I watched a BB shoot less than 2 seconds after the DD spotted me.. huh??  Am I looking at the wrong indicator?  I saw a couple of videos about this but I am just slow I guess.  I have to say though my Stealth build NC is a BEAST!!   I can't remember who told me but that One point skill warning you about how many ships are aiming at me is worth 10 points!!!

I see the people in random flirting with the concealment limits the entire round.. appearing and disappearing the whole round.  I tried this but it keeps you so far away your effective help for the team is hurt.  It did help me find and kill a few CVs ( total luck ) but I want to be good , not lucky.  Any resources , videos or articles that can help me dig deeper into this?  As Always Thanx for the input.

Col Out!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
12 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Ok I'm getting deeper into the mechanics now.  I'm working on stealth and concealment less YOLO / Ambush.   I'm trying to work the HUD and get around unseen ( in the DD and CA ) and I think I am doing it wrong.  I see the dotted circle and try to keep planes and ships out of it but I'm missing something.  When playing COOP it seems like as soon as I get the Detected notice It jumps to 3 or more see me  and some INSTANTLY shoot me down.  Now I need time to get my guns on them but they seem to know where I am before the warning.  I watched a BB shoot less than 2 seconds after the DD spotted me.. huh??  Am I looking at the wrong indicator?  I saw a couple of videos about this but I am just slow I guess.  I have to say though my Stealth build NC is a BEAST!!   I can't remember who told me but that One point skill warning you about how many ships are aiming at me is worth 10 points!!!

I see the people in random flirting with the concealment limits the entire round.. appearing and disappearing the whole round.  I tried this but it keeps you so far away your effective help for the team is hurt.  It did help me find and kill a few CVs ( total luck ) but I want to be good , not lucky.  Any resources , videos or articles that can help me dig deeper into this?  As Always Thanx for the input.

Col Out!

Bots always know where you are, but won't act on it, until you are spotted. Think of it like every bot has free RPF to all the players. So if you run around as a low health ship, you can see the bots reacting to your moves.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
110 posts
4,302 battles

When you are detected everyone sees you - the number is how many are actively targeting you. Also remember planes and ships have different values for spotting you can make both appear on your mini map.

• Cool 2

[FGNE]
Members
593 posts
3,104 battles

When you get spotted pretty much everyone sees you (well there is  limit as to how far you can see). The amount of enemies targeting you is a different metric, you can perfectly be spotted but with no one targeting you.

I'm probably no the best person to make recommendations, since I rarely play DD, but even in my cruisers I manage to get undetected, so...

Remember that when firing your detection radius increases so it becomes equal to your maximum gun range, it will take like 20 seconds /without firing guns) for your concealment to get back to "normal".

Other ships in the enemy might have better concealment than yours, so try to be further away, that is, don't expect that by simply keeping "known" ships out of your concealment radius will be enough to remain undetected.

Also, you pretty much know (at least at the beginning of the match) from where the enemy is coming, so you can pre-turn your guns, so the moment someone becomes detected It will likely be targeted by several enemy ships.

• Cool 1

[GSKUL]
Members
71 posts
1,412 battles

Yeah, the CO-OP bots have a super dooper non-radar, non-RPF RPF radar extra-sense telepathy. They use it to dodge torps right after you launch them and to have their turrets turned the proper direction for when you do get spotted. That's why you have 6 bots shooting at you .03s after getting spotted. It's quite exhilarating. :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[AP]
Members
1,231 posts
13,191 battles

i suspect it might be their 2ndary that starts shooting the moment you appear?

otherwise it is as other people said, coop bot privilege

the captain skill that allows you to see how many people aim at you is the most top-left skill, it costs 1 point not 10

[GOB]
Members
329 posts
25 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

i suspect it might be their 2ndary that starts shooting the moment you appear?

otherwise it is as other people said, coop bot privilege

the captain skill that allows you to see how many people aim at you is the most top-left skill, it costs 1 point not 10

Yeah I know it costs one. I was saying it's Worth 10...it changed my whole game.

[GOB]
Members
329 posts

Thanks to all of you for the info!!!  I tried to like the posts but it says error everytime.  

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Thanks to all of you for the info!!!  I tried to like the posts but it says error everytime.  

You are out of up/down votes.

[GOB]
Members
329 posts
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You are out of up/down votes.

Strange to limit how many helpful people one can thank.  Thnx

[WOLFA]
Members
60 posts
2,617 battles

Goto youtube and watch iChase videos. Specifically his Captains' Academy. It's all ready good stuff. Also WG puts out a "How it works" series on their youtube channel. Really good info with high production value!

• Cool 1

Members
22,418 posts
5,787 battles

Once you've played more, it'll start to become instinctive.

+1 for trying to learn the mechanics, many others refuse, and blame cheats and hacks..

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
105 posts
4,250 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

When playing COOP it seems like as soon as I get the Detected notice It jumps to 3 or more see me  and some INSTANTLY shoot me down.

Co-op is very different from Random play as many have mentioned here.  Spotting works the same, however bots behave differently.   You can have a group of bots chase you while you are unspotted completely across the map.  They will only fire once you are detected, but they can and will follow you until you are.  Whether you are a DD or CA doesn't matter.  (They seem to mostly target who has the least HP and the bots tend to focus fire).  In Randoms this only happens if the target has taken Radio Location, and even then they probably won't hunt you directly (especially early in the match).  You'll know if you are Radio Detected as you'll get a LOCATED message on your HUD. 

Also, know your 2 detection ranges.  You have the big one, anyone who gets into that will spot you whether you can spot them or not.  You also have an Aircraft spotting range which is smaller.  Not an issue in Co-op until they re-introduce bot CV's.  You also have different values when you are in/behind smoke, and then there is the Assured Detection, which anything within 2km will be spotted regaurdless of line of sight, smoke etc.   Check out the video's suggested for some more details, especially the How it Works: Spotting System videos:

Abbye