You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

WG Fix spotting please

14 comments in this topic

[EGO]
Members
3,515 posts

This has been requested by numerous people but nothing has been done about it. Ships out in the open firing at you blink in and out for no reason. Something is seriously broken with your spotting system.

[WGA]
Administrator
1,339 posts
648 battles
Just now, CaptainTeddybear said:

This has been requested by numerous people but nothing has been done about it. Ships out in the open firing at you blink in and out for no reason. Something is seriously broken with your spotting system.

Hello CaptainTeddybear,

Do you happen to have an example of this? Ships that fire and are in LOS of another one of your allied ships will be spotted. Ships can go unspotted if they go behind an island and are not spotted by another one of your allied ships or planes. Ships can also go unspotted if your ship and the enemy ship move outside of firing range that you can be spotted at. Does the ship go behind a smokescreen? 

Without more context or evidence it is kind of hard to determine what you are referring to. 

[CUTER]
Members
2,460 posts
11,320 battles

@Kami  When are you guys planning to re implement past spotting mechanics where breaking the LOS, even for a short period of time reset your gun bloom?

The game play was so much faster and smoother under that system, and it allowed aggressive play far more often.

• Cool 5

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,055 posts
14,116 battles
3 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

@Kami  When are you guys planning to re implement past spotting mechanics where breaking the LOS, even for a short period of time reset your gun bloom?

The game play was so much faster and smoother under that system, and it allowed aggressive play far more often.

Didn't Sub_Octavian give a rough time frame of like 0.8.5 or so for it to turn around into a proper feature?

[CUTER]
Members
2,460 posts
11,320 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

Didn't Sub_Octavian give a rough time frame of like 0.8.5 or so for it to turn around into a proper feature?

I cant remember, its been a while since I heard if it was still on.  I miss it.

[R-F]
Members
1,204 posts
7,860 battles
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

That is what I recall as well.  The way the system works now is officially stated to be a bug, but apparently not one that's a super priority for fixing.

[EGO]
Members
3,515 posts
1 hour ago, Kami said:

Hello CaptainTeddybear,

Do you happen to have an example of this? Ships that fire and are in LOS of another one of your allied ships will be spotted. Ships can go unspotted if they go behind an island and are not spotted by another one of your allied ships or planes. Ships can also go unspotted if your ship and the enemy ship move outside of firing range that you can be spotted at. Does the ship go behind a smokescreen? 

Without more context or evidence it is kind of hard to determine what you are referring to. 

I will save the replay next time it happens. Some games it happens all the time and other games it doesn;t happen at all.

Something that does happen a LOT is it takes a long time for a ship to render after firing at you. The game did not use to do this.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,055 posts
14,116 battles
48 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

I cant remember, its been a while since I heard if it was still on.  I miss it.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind an update either. It's easy for features like this to get stuck in the low-priority bin. Which is too bad, WG could really use a win or two right now.

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1 hour ago, jason199506 said:

replay or it didnt happen

Agreed.  I've had not had unexplained visibility changes lately at all.  

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,541 battles
28 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

24 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

21 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

That is what I recall as well.  The way the system works now is officially stated to be a bug, but apparently not one that's a super priority for fixing.

TY all...I was not aware that was ever to be changed back...glad to gear it will eventually.

Now as for it being a "bug"...when something is "announced" in update notes as going to change that is not a "bug" per any of the standard definitions of the word...bad programming decision...yes...bug...no.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,642 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Brhinosaurus said:

apparently not one that's a super priority for fixing.

sad but obviously true

2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

bad programming decision...yes...bug...no.

pain in the neck …. yes!

[SALTY]
Members
85 posts
5,013 battles
4 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

I will save the replay next time it happens. Some games it happens all the time and other games it doesn;t happen at all.

Something that does happen a LOT is it takes a long time for a ship to render after firing at you. The game did not use to do this.

I was in the game you were complaining about. 

You need a refresher homie. Pay attention to the highest armored part bit. I think that’s where you are getting frustrated.