You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jottunheim

Yukikaze the worst ijn ship at tier

12 comments in this topic

[JSG]
Members
72 posts

Thread name says it all. I wanted to like this ship and even like other terrible premiums like huanghe..... however the developers should be docked a years pay for this one. 

• Cool 1

[OKM]
Members
293 posts
2,458 battles

... It's a Kagero. Litterally a Kagero.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
138 posts
4,571 battles

I actually like it

Its just a Asashio with superfast 8k torps and good reload

1st game I played in it I actually managed to get within the 8k of 3 T10 ships and NUKED 2 of them with torps before getting spotted with radar

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,766 posts
8,761 battles

its a Kagero with 8km torps, what did you honestly expect to happen

Edited by tcbaker777

[ANZ4C]
Members
32 posts
11,367 battles

So what do you think would be needed to improve it?

I think if they added the torpedo reload consumerable it could play quite well. Say forcing you to chose between smoke and torpedo consumerable an you having to spam the torps and run. 

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
2,460 posts
11,320 battles
1 hour ago, Steel_Coffins said:

So what do you think would be needed to improve it?

I think if they added the torpedo reload consumerable it could play quite well. Say forcing you to chose between smoke and torpedo consumerable an you having to spam the torps and run. 

Likely nothing.

I have tested it.  Its not a ship for everyone, just like Asashio is not for everyone.  Those that love the close torpedo game will love this ship.  I intend to purchase the ship because it fits 100% with my use of IJN DDs where Asashsio does not.  I would like an option for TRB, but that is a ton of fire power on hand, and I question if she really needs that.

[ANZ4C]
Members
32 posts
11,367 battles

It does have a very slow torp reload time and the asaashio does have a reload consumerable though. 

Alpha Tester
265 posts
1,732 battles

I think it should have a higher health or a heal, because it was "unsinkable".

[NVRDY]
Members
107 posts
10,269 battles
On 5/3/2019 at 12:33 AM, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Likely nothing.

I have tested it.  Its not a ship for everyone, just like Asashio is not for everyone.  Those that love the close torpedo game will love this ship.  I intend to purchase the ship because it fits 100% with my use of IJN DDs where Asashsio does not.  I would like an option for TRB, but that is a ton of fire power on hand, and I question if she really needs that.

Smart captain who wrote this quote , I do believe it's better to buy or play ships that fit your style.... I have many different class ships and different styles of play for many, i like the role playing aspect of some. I just bought the Huanghe that he brought up, I think she's gonna do fine and most don't like her. My favorite game play is being a destroyer or destroyer hunter... But she fits what my style is. Look into what your style or goal is and find ships that fit that role.... My 2 cents

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
775 posts
6,779 battles

I only played this boat via testing. Its a high risk/ reward boat. Its has the ability to out spot a lot but you need a cagey captain that keeps tads on enemy radar. I still would prefer the Asashio over this boat though. 

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,908 posts
10,907 battles
20 hours ago, Steel_Coffins said:

It does have a very slow torp reload time and the asaashio does have a reload consumerable though. 

Yukikaze has the 3rd fastest reload of all the various Kagero clones.

Kagero with stock torps and Harekaze have the fastest reload, with slow 10km torps. (90.9 sec with skills, 10km, 62 knot, 1.6km spotting)

Then Yukikaze is just slighty longer. (93.6 sec with skills, 8km 76 knot, 1.8 km spotting)

Asashio and Kagero with upgraded torps are tied for the longest reload (100.8 sec with skills) Asashio: 20km Deepwater, 67 knot, 0.9 km spotting.  Kagero: 10km, 67 knot, 1.7km spotting.

[CUTER]
Members
2,460 posts
11,320 battles

She has been purchased and I have been putting her to use.  It just feels so right her first official kill was a CV.  I will have video up sometime this week, I have a pile in the queue to go through first.

image.thumb.png.de7f6792de6cecb38843230ced63c264.png

image.thumb.png.00b281b968f0da798f4a24f3aa9818eb.png