Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Henri IV is a Beast!!

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
590 posts
72 battles

Just unlocked the Henri IV and this ship is a Beast! Had these 3 games within an hour, could say this ships has some potential for damage and carry......

 

shot-19_05.02_16_40.03-0563.thumb.jpg.a29475dd1f2360bbbfd4713cb915aff3.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_16_40.42-0161.thumb.jpg.fcd0566db8857ee58a86a95b161b0cf2.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_18_45.39-0750.thumb.jpg.cc7a58a20b43f035c79d24ff2d0329d8.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_18_46.45-0567.thumb.jpg.660ebe9078ec45b6e863deffee926c38.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_19_10.39-0516.thumb.jpg.e5494c2f6f762113e0b8596deba403f6.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_19_10.54-0104.thumb.jpg.3e0d968097fc8b39e19bf731931189ce.jpg

 

I cant wait until I unlock the Legendary module for this ship and I can engage Full Beastmode in it.

One thing I havent mastered yet that I wanted to ask someone with experience in this ship. When you dodge BB AP salvos, do you pretty much just sail in a straight line and let you speed "dodge" the shells? Because when I do the same I do in all other cruisers (manouvering and dodging) I tend to loose speed and then my ship pretty much eat the salvo in the rear with 1 or 2 Cits as result. The times I just had ice in my stumach and just sailed straight in full speed most BBs tend to miss because they miss judge my speed. So how do you do it?

 

shot-19.05.02_16.40.03-0563.jpg

Edited by Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
458
[AP]
Members
1,297 posts
16,142 battles

for me, its speed usually only works for the first salvo, from 2nd salvo and on people tend to adjust

i prefer to switch between going forward, staying still, and reversing, this way i tend to throw off a lot more salvos(the other things is....with its speed, if i sail full speed, i will have to give full broadside, or sail out of my gun range very soon. i dont want either)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
485 posts
5,091 battles

The Henri is definitely a beast, it's the only tech tree cruiser that I recommend that my team focus all it's efforts on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
671 posts
2,542 battles

I can only citadel henri and french cruisers with AP bombs -.-'

 

Then I can only citadel French BBs with BB guns....

 

At least the HE will wreck french DDs...if I manage to lead 50 knts xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[_SMS_]
Members
936 posts
4,245 battles

I still havent perfected it yet by any means because I'm like you and my instinct is to try and maneuver to dodge.  But I am having good luck with just the throttle.  Straight line dodge and you can usually out run the shells and then go to full stop when you anticipate the next round and they will overshoot by a mile.  Still working on it but you are 100% about giving up too much speed and manueverabilty in the turns which usually ends up with eating citadels through the nose or [edited].

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[GTF]
Members
215 posts
10,737 battles

I know you are excited.....a tech tree ship that is really badass....but ...shhhh......you know who is reading .....and preparing a nerf torp lol

Have a couple of clan members with the HIV and they love them.....doin pretty well with them in our clan battles too.

Hope you have a great time with it in the upcoming days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,310
[O7]
Members
2,004 posts
16,306 battles

Henri is and has been the ultimate damage farmer, reversing towards enemies and raining fire for days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
899
[NDA]
Supertester
2,902 posts
5,777 battles

Salvo one, use speed, salvo two, drop speed, salvo 3, evade.  Doing all three at various times has resulted in some...  Interesting... Chat complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,332
[R-F]
Members
1,728 posts
10,208 battles

I mean there's a reason a lot of clan battle teams are rolling with 3 or 4 of these things right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,381
[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,509 posts
4,602 battles

Yes.  Yes, he is.  And soon he will be mine!  "I'm gonna get HIV!  I'm gonna get HIV!"  Oh, wait...

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[KEGEL]
Members
231 posts
10,324 battles
10 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yes.  Yes, he is.  And soon he will be mine!  "I'm gonna get HIV!  I'm gonna get HIV!"  Oh, wait...

 

The tier 10 Frenchy has a unfortunate acronym regardless on the preceding pronoun.

Just gotta go prepared with protection...

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[KSD]
Members
85 posts
7,814 battles

Henri is the ultimate potato farming machine

You can quite literally react to shell travel and adjust your speed/course to dodge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,384
Members
3,094 posts
12,101 battles
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Just unlocked the Henri IV and this ship is a Beast!

If you really, really, really like playing some ship, the best thing to do is to keep it to yourself.  But if you really have to talk about that ship on forums, it's better to only say bad things :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
590 posts
72 battles
2 hours ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

RATING  out the ships potential traitor !  

:Smile_amazed: Sorry .... my bad ..... :Smile_teethhappy:

2 hours ago, jason199506 said:

for me, its speed usually only works for the first salvo, from 2nd salvo and on people tend to adjust

i prefer to switch between going forward, staying still, and reversing, this way i tend to throw off a lot more salvos(the other things is....with its speed, if i sail full speed, i will have to give full broadside, or sail out of my gun range very soon. i dont want either)

I actually tried this once in these games in open water at about 14-15km range. just reverse/go forward with engine boost and I was surprise how much they missed. Maybe thats the way to roll?

 

2 hours ago, DarkStormy said:

The Henri is definitely a beast, it's the only tech tree cruiser that I recommend that my team focus all it's efforts on.

I always done pretty well in the others. Hinden has been my favourite for 2-3 years. But not even Hinden can make this damage numbers every other game, this ship is just insane. I actually get sad when I get a game with only 100-120 k damage?!

 

2 hours ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

I still havent perfected it yet by any means because I'm like you and my instinct is to try and maneuver to dodge.  But I am having good luck with just the throttle.  Straight line dodge and you can usually out run the shells and then go to full stop when you anticipate the next round and they will overshoot by a mile.  Still working on it but you are 100% about giving up too much speed and manueverabilty in the turns which usually ends up with eating citadels through the nose or [edited].

Yes, this is what I have been tought from the start to manouver and dodge but in this ship I found out that manouvering makes your speed drop so much that you actually put your ship where he aim at and you take a cit or two. But if you dont manouver you have insane speed and then they usually miss. 

2 hours ago, BenAubrey said:

I know you are excited.....a tech tree ship that is really badass....but ...shhhh......you know who is reading .....and preparing a nerf torp lol

Have a couple of clan members with the HIV and they love them.....doin pretty well with them in our clan battles too.

Hope you have a great time with it in the upcoming days.

I never actually saw the attraction to the french line. Only grinded to Martell and then I stopped. Then I spoke with a couple of clanmates and they told my to grind the line so I grinded St.Louise and the Henri in a week and all of them is great (think I have 110 k average damage in Louise). And now im tryharding the grind for the Legendary because this will make this ship broken OP.

1 hour ago, vonKaiser said:

Salvo one, use speed, salvo two, drop speed, salvo 3, evade.  Doing all three at various times has resulted in some...  Interesting... Chat complaints.

Interesting point, this I got to try.

1 hour ago, KurganSPK said:

I'm having troubles with mine... have you posted replay?

All these games and more will go up on my Youtube channel as soon as I manage to edit and make commentarys on them.

38 minutes ago, Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire said:

If you use the engine boost module instead of rudder you can juke shells from a full stop everytime.

First thing I did was to buy the upgraded engine boost with coal from Armoury!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,714 posts
20 minutes ago, MY_CITADEL_IS_READY said:

Henri is the ultimate potato farming machine

You can quite literally react to shell travel and adjust your speed/course to dodge.

Des Moines with legendary can do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
249
[TARK]
Members
637 posts
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Just unlocked the Henri IV and this ship is a Beast! Had these 3 games within an hour, could say this ships has some potential for damage and carry......

 

shot-19_05.02_16_40.03-0563.thumb.jpg.a29475dd1f2360bbbfd4713cb915aff3.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_16_40.42-0161.thumb.jpg.fcd0566db8857ee58a86a95b161b0cf2.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_18_45.39-0750.thumb.jpg.cc7a58a20b43f035c79d24ff2d0329d8.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_18_46.45-0567.thumb.jpg.660ebe9078ec45b6e863deffee926c38.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_19_10.39-0516.thumb.jpg.e5494c2f6f762113e0b8596deba403f6.jpg

 

shot-19_05.02_19_10.54-0104.thumb.jpg.3e0d968097fc8b39e19bf731931189ce.jpg

 

I cant wait until I unlock the Legendary module for this ship and I can engage Full Beastmode in it.

One thing I havent mastered yet that I wanted to ask someone with experience in this ship. When you dodge BB AP salvos, do you pretty much just sail in a straight line and let you speed "dodge" the shells? Because when I do the same I do in all other cruisers (manouvering and dodging) I tend to loose speed and then my ship pretty much eat the salvo in the rear with 1 or 2 Cits as result. The times I just had ice in my stumach and just sailed straight in full speed most BBs tend to miss because they miss judge my speed. So how do you do it?

 

shot-19.05.02_16.40.03-0563.jpg

HOLY crap dude!!!  Nice playing!

So many fun T10s.... Maybe the FRONCH line will be next after I finish the RN cruisers.

How is its AA?  (looks fine according to your screenshots)  Hate having to ask that, but this is a CV heavy time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
590 posts
72 battles
36 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

If you really, really, really like playing some ship, the best thing to do is to keep it to yourself.  But if you really have to talk about that ship on forums, it's better to only say bad things :Smile_hiding:

Yes  of course! Dont waste your time with this line, chaps, they are a floating turd. Sold mine, never looked back....

20 minutes ago, turdjelly said:

HOLY crap dude!!!  Nice playing!

So many fun T10s.... Maybe the FRONCH line will be next after I finish the RN cruisers.

How is its AA?  (looks fine according to your screenshots)  Hate having to ask that, but this is a CV heavy time...

Definatly recommend this. AA isnt really that special but I actually dont run the modules or skills for it, only def AA, because I want to get the most out of the damage output (as you can tell). But I shot down a few planes, but found that CV rarely go for you. Most of the time they miss because you are to fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
76 posts
4,172 battles

Yes, it's a beast. These kind of topics tend to nerf nice ships you know.

I don't wasd with Henry, ever. I find it is most safe sailing above 40 knots. And yes, smart bb captains would adjust the lead the 2nd salvo. All you have to do is to change your angle once, from broadside to 15 degree to 30 degree. At least in random I find it's pretty safe as long as you are 15km away.

But there are bb captains that knows how to aim Henry(like myself in bbs). For those, I would go undected and switch flank. That's why I unlocked the legendary mod but didn't use it. For me a 13km detection is key to survival in late random games. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
323
[NNC]
Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

It’s probably the best cruiser for “traditional” Cruiser things right now. Zao doesn’t have its level of protection or 50mm deck penetrating, Hindenburg is too slow and eats BB pens too much as a result, and pretty much everything else is some sort of specialized ship, be it “bow” tanking with a Moskva or Stalingrad, island hugging in the American ships, or the pseudo-DD thing the Minotaur try’s to do.

 

If I had to place bets it’s going to get nerfed within a few months so enjoy while you can. It’s in about the same territory competitive wise as Hindenburg was during the first season (does everything. A generalist with only upsides.), and that got a touching up. I’d venture WG would be subtle about it. Something like a nerf to its reload booster duration + a small but not insignificant fire rate nerf. 

Then again I don’t have it yet, and only things I get are nerfed, so you should be safe... Poor, poor Yueyang... You didn’t deserve this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×