You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Commander_367

PSA - Honor vs Glory

37 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles

If it's helpful to people who still haven't logged in, I'll post when I see changes in the weather … 

Or, I won't :) o7

Edit: 5/9/2019

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 5

Members
159 posts

Once the difficulty gets to extreme, you just can’t overcome the diehards on Glory. That’s the day to switch, and then everyone switches back on the next day.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
3 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

Once the difficulty gets to extreme, you just can’t overcome the diehards on Glory. That’s the day to switch, and then everyone switches back on the next day.

The day the team becomes extreme is the day to buckle down and grind those tokens!

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
4 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

No science … I'm just looking out the window 

Members
159 posts
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

The day the team becomes extreme is the day to buckle down and grind those tokens!

I wish I had the time to do that.  I’m lucky if I can get two games in a day.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
1 minute ago, SeaGladius said:

That just means you have a busy life :).

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,664 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

17 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

This is my problem also. The path to the Lazo and a whole lot of other content besides is quite clear, but real life doesn't leave me with enough playing time to go there!

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
23 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

That just means you have a busy life :).

When the teams switch sides, that's the best opportunity to pick low hanging fruit for less effort 

You get the win and favorable rewards for playing 500 points or less … 

Also, you may still have a chance to do well in hall of fame for added tokens, before the rest pile in 

I don't like crowded trades

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
18 hours ago, SeaGladius said:

Can you earn more than 300 points when you play? If you can not get more than 300 points, then pick the team that is looking to win today. If you can earn more than 300 points, then you want to first determine how many points you think you can earn that day and then pick from the list in the thread below.

18 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

When the teams switch sides, that's the best opportunity to pick low hanging fruit for less effort 

You get the win and favorable rewards for playing 500 points or less … 

Also, you may still have a chance to do well in hall of fame for added tokens, before the rest pile in 

I don't like crowded trades

If you earn less than 300 points, you want the team winning today. Otherwise you want to pick the team that lost yesterday if you will earn less than 1,500 points. If you earn more than 1,500 points, pick the team that won yesterday.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,538 posts

the winning pattern is simple now,

honor, honor, honor, glory...

rinse and repeat

Edited by Happy668
  • Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
135 posts
4,962 battles

Loyalty is just a thing of the past I guess. Honor or glory, doesn't matter just who's paying the most to win today. Turning us into a bunch of mercenaries.

Members
159 posts
36 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Can you earn more than 300 points when you play? If you can not get more than 300 points, then pick the team that is looking to win today. If you can earn more than 300 points, then you want to first determine how many points you think you can earn that day and then pick from the list in the thread below.

I usually don’t earn over 300 points, so I just try to guess the winning team, and then I at least get the team points.

It doesn’t really matter all that much for me though.  I bought some crates to get the BB missions, and that got me enough eventiums to buy the perma-camo for my Chapayev, which was the only thing I really wanted.  There’s no way I could get enough to buy the Lazo, unless I spent a lot of money buying crates.  That’s not going to happen, as I’d rather just play my Chappy.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,312 posts
20,171 battles
27 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

I usually don’t earn over 300 points, so I just try to guess the winning team, and then I at least get the team points.

It doesn’t really matter all that much for me though.  I bought some crates to get the BB missions, and that got me enough eventiums to buy the perma-camo for my Chapayev, which was the only thing I really wanted.  There’s no way I could get enough to buy the Lazo, unless I spent a lot of money buying crates.  That’s not going to happen, as I’d rather just play my Chappy.

The Chappy is a fun ship and one that you definitely want a permanent camo for since the tier 8 grind can be soul sucking. I am with you, probably can not get the Lazo either but if I read the website correctly, there is another event coming where you can earn her for free later this month. I didn't see any specifics, just the dates but my guess is it would be a campaign like for the Indianapolis or Exeter.  Might check it out if you are interested in the ship. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,664 battles
12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

if I read the website correctly, there is another event coming where you can earn her for free later this month

My understanding was that the prize ship in 0.8.4 becomes the Murmansk (Russian Omaha). Just bear in mind that I also got the idea that the temporary currency is going to change so you can't use the tokens you're earning now to put towards her.  I'm waiting for more details, but until then I'd be quite satisfied with the Murmansk as a second Russian premium because I liked the Omaha and I'd be sort-of used to the ship straight out of the box. I can use the tokens I earn in 0.8.3 to spam crates for an unlock (and everything else they give), and/or pick up some permacamos. 

Members
159 posts
27 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The Chappy is a fun ship and one that you definitely want a permanent camo for since the tier 8 grind can be soul sucking. I am with you, probably can not get the Lazo either but if I read the website correctly, there is another event coming where you can earn her for free later this month. I didn't see any specifics, just the dates but my guess is it would be a campaign like for the Indianapolis or Exeter.  Might check it out if you are interested in the ship. 

I’ve already ground up to the Moskva.  I just really liked the Chappy, and kept her.

[A_51]
Members
796 posts
17,928 battles
1 hour ago, ZER01025 said:

Loyalty is just a thing of the past I guess. Honor or glory, doesn't matter just who's paying the most to win today. Turning us into a bunch of mercenaries.

Loyalty to what?  These are just arbitrarily created teams with arbitrarily assigned names.  There is nothing and nobody to be loyal to.

Members
159 posts
3 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Loyalty to what?  These are just arbitrarily created teams with arbitrarily assigned names.  There is nothing and nobody to be loyal to.

It’s a little disturbing to see just how easily we can all be swayed toward loyalty to something so meaningless.

[A_51]
Members
796 posts
17,928 battles
1 minute ago, SeaGladius said:

It’s a little disturbing to see just how easily we can all be swayed toward loyalty to something so meaningless.

Yeah, I remember some people making similar comments about loyalty during the Sharks/Eagles competition.  They stuck with the losing team the whole time for reasons which are beyond my understanding.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
135 posts
4,962 battles
26 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Then whats the point of picking teams if your just gonna change sides the minute it gets to difficult? The whole setup is kinda stupid.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,419 posts
2,416 battles
1 minute ago, ZER01025 said:

Then whats the point of picking teams if your just gonna change sides the minute it gets to difficult?

Greater benefits to the player.

[A_51]
Members
796 posts
17,928 battles
3 hours ago, ZER01025 said:

Then whats the point of picking teams if your just gonna change sides the minute it gets to difficult? The whole setup is kinda stupid.

This event is just a way for players to earn rewards with regular play.  That being the case, the only sensible course is to play the game in such a way as to maximize those rewards.  Here,  that means switching teams when necessary.

Edited by Seaneroo

[WOLF2]
Members
3,065 posts
14,805 battles
47 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

People are tribal … 

All we need is another band of chimps, so we can start shaking branches, hooting and throwing poo :)

• Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
45 minutes ago, ZER01025 said:

The teams have the same difficulty in battle. The modifier is for the team that lost yesterday to catch up and has nothing to do with personal points earnings. The team that won yesterday has a higher cap on points for earning Tokens, otherwise there is no difference. Loyalty to a team gets you a flag. If you want to maximize Tokens, you want to switch teams at some point.