You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

I understand what people are talking about now

57 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
332 posts

I spend too much time in COOP so I didn't see it so much but I am doing more randoms and more and NOW I see why people call it absolutely TOXIC.

WG needs to do something about the ingame chat in Random.  I play a ton of coop but Random is just repulsive...not because the game play, I've been playing to more and it is FUN...BUT I don't need to see a bunch of non stop internet Dwads calling each other names and talking crap about every move everyone makes.  Funny though , it's usually the ones who died in 2 minutes doing most of the talking.  

For a game that expects SO much cash to enjoy properly they should do more to police this.  I don't PAY to deal with frustrated children who wag their elite epini in everyone faces every round.  This drags WOWS to the level of every other childish game environment on the net.  Lower the price to 60 bucks and it's all good, but spending REAL cash here and should get better.  

Mute players when they die?

Let us mute players GLOBALLY not just in Chat?

Apply a chat parser to autoban abusive language?  ( I did this when I had a BF Server ) its EASY.

Totally turned off now on Random... I play to relax and have fun not to be forced to listen to Cyberpunks act tough from mommies basement.  

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[A_51]
Members
797 posts
18,086 battles
1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

I believe this can already be done by blacklisting the offender.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
332 posts
Just now, Seaneroo said:

Thank you I will look into this.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles

Do you ever do anything except complain and state how having paid money makes YOUR opinion super-valid?

Funny how I've had twice as many battles as you and seen very little of the toxic and abusive chat you describe. Or maybe I have a thicker skin because I'm used to hanging out in places which aren't moderated for language much if at all.

2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

For a game that expects SO much cash to enjoy properly

This is a fallacy, and stating it as truth undermines absolutely everything else you say.

• Cool 9

[LBA]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
3 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

Blacklisting players doesn't block them in match chat. Only port chat.

[ODIN]
Members
1,322 posts
3,206 battles

I suggest just ignoring chat. One of the upsides of playing carrier: I rarely have a free second to look at it! :p

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
797 posts
18,086 battles
1 minute ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

Blacklisting players doesn't block them in match chat. Only port chat.

Are you sure about this?  I have read otherwise, but from players, not the developers, so I could be wrong.

[LBA]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
Just now, Seaneroo said:

Are you sure about this?  I have read otherwise, but from players, not the developers, so I could be wrong.

Yes. I've been harassed by players I have blocked in match chat...

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
868 posts
1,924 battles
7 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I spend too much time in COOP so I didn't see it so much but I am doing more randoms and more and NOW I see why people call it absolutely TOXIC.

Totally turned off now on Random... I play to relax and have fun not to be forced to listen to Cyberpunks act tough from mommies basement.  

Yes but the rewards are so low in Co-Op that it is just not worth it.  How can you level anything up in Co-Op.

[KNCOL]
Members
381 posts
1,396 battles
1 minute ago, Frenotx said:

I suggest just ignoring chat. One of the upsides of playing carrier: I rarely have a free second to look at it! :p

Can be hard to ignore the chat sometime. Especially when you are trying to communicate a plan with the rest of your team

9 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

WG needs to do something about the ingame chat in Random.  I play a ton of coop but Random is just repulsive...not because the game play, I've been playing to more and it is FUN...BUT I don't need to see a bunch of non stop internet Dwads calling each other names and talking crap about every move everyone makes.  Funny though , it's usually the ones who died in 2 minutes doing most of the talking.  

For a game that expects SO much cash to enjoy properly they should do more to police this.  I don't PAY to deal with frustrated children who wag their elite epini in everyone faces every round.  This drags WOWS to the level of every other childish game environment on the net.  Lower the price to 60 bucks and it's all good, but spending REAL cash here and should get better.  

Mute players when they die?

Apply a chat parser to autoban abusive language?  ( I did this when I had a BF Server ) its EASY.

Lower tier random matches (tiers 1-6 and maybe 7 sometimes) are usually less salty but you still get them some times

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
797 posts
18,086 battles
2 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Yes but the rewards are so low in Co-Op that it is just not worth it.  How can you level anything up in Co-Op.

I have four tier 10 ships from playing 90% co-op.  It can be done.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
868 posts
1,924 battles
Just now, Seaneroo said:

I have four tier 10 ships from playing 90% co-op.  It can be done.

How long did that take?  I can't make Credits playing T8 in Random let alone Co-op.

[GOB]
Members
332 posts
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Do you ever do anything except complain and state how having paid money makes YOUR opinion super-valid?

Funny how I've had twice as many battles as you and seen very little of the toxic and abusive chat you describe. Or maybe I have a thicker skin because I'm used to hanging out in places which aren't moderated for language much if at all.

This is a fallacy, and stating it as truth undermines absolutely everything else you say.

OK we all get it.. you are a superfan...  Your post is completely flawed and pure fanboi.  Have you read every single of my posts?  DO you think you got where you are without spending a DIME??  Do you think everyone plays here for FREE??  See what happens when you have to deal with a fact or two?  BTW thanx  for proving my one post about people here and their tendencies to bloviate almost always comes from people with more posts than battles.

Your so called experience is instantly contradicted by HUNDREDS of posts on this very forum about it and how it has gotten much worse lately so, either YOU are lying OR you are one of the people we are talking about.  

Play more , preach less.  I won't be bothering to respond to your next rant

Col Out

• Boring 3

[GOB]
Members
332 posts
5 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Not sure what game your playing snowflake, but WOWS is free to play.:cap_hmm:

You don't have to spend a dime to play, oh and just because you did spend money doesn't earn you any special influence.

Hmmmmmm where did I infer the right to special treatment??  Yeah F2P...  I would LOVE to see the accounts of the people who claim they have never spent ONE DIME here LOL

[TURD]
Members
152 posts
2,031 battles

Tell me, is there I way I can block people so I don't have to hear there emote spam too? Cause I get tired real quick of hearing

"Stone the crows!"
"Stone the crows!"
"I Need Intelligence Data!"

Over and over and over and over and over.....

Edited by Don_Alvarez
  • Cool 1

[MV_BR]
Beta Testers
937 posts
12,423 battles

Ignore chat. It´s magic!

[CNK]
[CNK]
Members
280 posts
11,399 battles

I imagine OP is rushing up to battle and getting deleted because live players are better than bots. This results in chat lambasting him for playing poorly.

Did I get it right?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
6 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

How can you level anything up in Co-Op.

With patience and time.

1 minute ago, Col_Nasty said:

DO you think you got where you are without spending a DIME??  Do you think everyone plays here for FREE?? 

No, I didn't and no, I don't. But some do, and they do very well.

One thing I certainly do NOT do is expect my opinion to be taken more seriously just because I've spent money on the game. And anyone who mentions the fact that they have spent money on the game when complaining about it is IMHO (and that of others, it appears) claiming that special privilege.

3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Your so called experience is instantly contradicted by HUNDREDS of posts on this very forum about it and how it has gotten much worse lately

This is complete rubbish, because it's possible for two people to have different opinions of the same experience. I play all ship types, from DD to CV, so I'm not going to complain when a CV smacks my destroyer - because I've been on the other end of the deal where I want that destroyer dead, and I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
309 posts
4,053 battles

For someone complaining about the toxicity of the community, the OP's response to criticism is remarkedly toxic.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,757 battles
2 minutes ago, FiveStarMojo said:

I imagine OP is rushing up to battle and getting deleted because live players are better than bots. This results in chat lambasting him for playing poorly.

I can't speak for this OP, but I've met others with a similarly complainy nature who did not do well vs. toasters.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
462 posts
4,616 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Hmmmmmm where did I infer the right to special treatment??  Yeah F2P...  I would LOVE to see the accounts of the people who claim they have never spent ONE DIME here LOL

Maybe you should reread the 3rd paragraph of your OP. Cuz it sure sounds like your whining about how much you spend, and how WG should cater to your wants because of that spending IMO.

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

If you think that WoWs chat is toxic i guess you never played other games like CSGO, LoL, DOTA 2. WoWs is nearly a heaven near those games. 

[A_51]
Members
797 posts
18,086 battles
7 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

How long did that take?  I can't make Credits playing T8 in Random let alone Co-op.

I've been playing the game off and on for about three and a half years now with extended periods of regular play.  The credits problem is a separate issue from earning the necessary experience at the lower co-op rate.  If you don't want to pay for a premium account you may have to play lower tiers part of the time to finance your higher tier play.   I also ground multiple lines at the same time.  If credits are a problem, you might want to grind just one line at a time so you're not diffusing your game time and spreading your credits over multiple lines.  You can also earn more credits doing scenarios.  Like I said, it can be done, but it will, of course, take longer than in random.  Slow and steady will get it done eventually.

[BS]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,539 posts
4,059 battles
23 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Umm.... Free to play is free.

If you paid money to someone for this game then you were scammed.

I have a bridge for sale if you are interested. Real cheap... Just a cool million. I will give you my paypal.

[KNCOL]
Members
381 posts
1,396 battles

The salt and toxicity here is so real right now:Smile_teethhappy:

Also, I never understood the argument of "game X community is saltier so who cares"