Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jellytime__

Bismarck - Fighter vs Spotter

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
7 posts
793 battles

Now, I just got the Bismarck, and I'm running a secondary build. Logically, I figured since the dispersion is pretty aweful on the main guns (especially at range), I would grab the Catapult Fighter to help fend of CVs. Well, after a handful of games, it feels as though the Fighter just doesnt get enough done to pose a threat, and I feel the Spotter would be a better choice, despite the terrible accuracy at range. Especially in tier 10 games, wouldnt it be better to snipe early, regardless of the accuracy issue, and atleast try to help support than run the Fighter and tickle planes from time to time?

-Jelly

[TURD]
Members
149 posts
2,019 battles

My thoughts ran the same way yours did, so I stuck with the fighter. The spotting plane is of much more limited use, I'd rather take what dps the fighter does provide. Shooting early in a secondary Bismarck with the spotter, especially in a match with tier IX and X, you're not going to hit anything except by accident.  So you're really only going to give your position away to BB's who can inherently shoot further and with a lot more accuracy. That's the way I look at it. Both consumables are next to useless, but to me the fighter seems the least useless of the two.

[WOLFC]
Members
259 posts
3,988 battles

I run the fighter consumable on my Bismarck. With the dispersion on those guns, you shouldn't be engaging targets at max range anyways.

One thing to keep in mind is with the CV rework the mechanics of the fighter consumable changed - it no longer provides additional DPS and a "panic" effect. Instead, consumable fighters, including CV fighters, instead trade planes 1 to 1 with the attacking aircraft, so a properly deployed fighter consumable will quickly destroy 3+ attacking aircraft. This is very powerful, but the trick is timing the deployment correctly since the fighters are only up for 60 seconds. The fighters take several seconds to launch and begin their patrol pattern, so if you wait until you're under attack to deploy them they won't have much effect unless the CV circles around for another attack run (a smart CV player won't). Deploy it too soon, it will only act as a deterrent and the CV will often select another target. 

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
7 posts
793 battles

Good points from both. Didnt know thats how the fighters work either! Ill stick with the fighter, hold my shots, and just get as close as I can before firing.

Appreciate it! o7

Sign in to follow this