Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Clarifying question regarding winning the Lazo.

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles

Tagging @Kami.

How long do we have to earn 1500 tokens for this ship? The current patch only? Or 0.8.4 as well?

It's going to have a BIG influence on how I play and how much time I can devote to other hobbies. An official answer would be welcome.

EDITED to include @Femennenly's answer. This patch only, and you require an average of 54 tokens a day, every day, for the 28 days of a regulation patch.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[RVNHQ]
Members
46 posts
5,377 battles

On the development blog they mentioned the victory event continuing in 8.4 but changing the rewards? Not sure because of the lack of mentioning the current rewards, but here is the link.

Hope this helps.

 

[Edited in after the fact] as a side note I've seen you around the forums quite a few times but only now realized your avatar is a seal, this whole time I thought it was a cat! xD

 

Edited by groundace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,959
[WGA]
Administrator, Retired Community Contributors
846 posts
13,419 battles

Heyo Captains,

During patch 8.3 you will be able to earn tokens that can be redeemed for the prizes.

Upon the release of 8.4 you will no longer be able to earn tokens, but will have that patch to spend any remaining tokens you still have.

I hope that helps,

Fem,

  • Cool 4
  • Angry 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,216
[WOLFG]
Members
4,411 posts
2,379 battles
Just now, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

During patch 8.3 you will be able to earn tokens that can be redeemed for the prizes.

Upon the release of 8.4 you will no longer be able to earn tokens, but will have that patch to spend any remaining tokens you still have.

I hope that helps,

Fem,

Thank you for the feedback. 

Looks like I just cleared up some time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles
1 minute ago, Femennenly said:

Upon the release of 8.4 you will no longer be able to earn tokens, but will have that patch to spend any remaining tokens you still have.

Thanks for the clarification. I am assuming the ability to win early-unlock containers also comes to a dead halt at that point.

If I can get to 1500, I'll get the Lazo; if I can't, I'll be thinking about where they all go. Permacamos, most likely, with the balance going on crates which I'll open just before 0.8.4 goes live. I am assuming any missions I get will still be valid by then, even if the ships won't be pseudo-premiums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
845 posts
13,916 battles

OMG i was hope tokes ll be for 60 days. /8.3. and 8.4/  so it was fine 25 tokens per day.

For 50tokens per day not thank you. Bye Lazo, Hellou Vladivostock permanent camo .D

Edited by Gandariel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles
1 minute ago, Gandariel said:

OMG i was hope tokes ll be for 60 days. /8.3. and 8.4/  so it was fine 25 tokens per day.

I always assume the worst, so I've been grinding as hard as I can, but real life is starting to intrude and I might be in the same situation as you are before long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,216
[WOLFG]
Members
4,411 posts
2,379 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I always assume the worst, so I've been grinding as hard as I can, but real life is starting to intrude and I might be in the same situation as you are before long.

Yeah, playing normal every day and maxing out at 44-(Maybe) 52.  I had to play every day to make it (at 30 days). 

Not going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,415
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,970 posts
14,049 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I always assume the worst, so I've been grinding as hard as I can, but real life is starting to intrude and I might be in the same situation as you are before long.

At least the winning team is likely to reset every 2-3 days so you'll get some off-days where both are 500 points max grind.

Of course, those days are also only worth 40 tokens total...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
131
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
845 posts
13,916 battles

If you guys imagine for free T7 Lazo we need grind whole May /especially that 2000-3000 points days/. I think is better to buy camo and wait for T7 premium ships sale WG birthday, wow birthday. How much for t7 usually 30 bucks? in sale for 20 dollars for the whole month of sitting behind PC :D

If they keep it for 2 months so the mission is to stay average time in the game for 2 months it 'll be a good deal. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles
Just now, Edgecase said:

At least the winning team is likely to reset every 2-3 days so you'll get some off-days where both are 500 points max grind.

I'm an evil ruthless bastard, and I am switching teams as often as is necessary to maximise my tokens on a 500 point grind. It's 44 tokens plus whatever your team got and wall-of-fame etc. etc. 

My initial best guess was that whoever stuck with the losing team and got 500 points a day would be able to get the Lazo if they stuck with it, but it looks like I'm probably wrong and will have to decide which subsidiary rewards to go for. It's the only real problem with this event; too much stuff to spend the tokens on if you don't have the time and/or the expertise to maximise them and grab it all!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,415
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,970 posts
14,049 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

too much stuff to spend the tokens on if you don't have the time and/or the expertise to maximise them and grab it all!

I think you misspelled "cash money". :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles
2 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I think you misspelled "cash money"

With the exception of Warships Premium time at Christmas special rates, which I think is the best possible use of 16 cents CDN a day, I'm trying to play free this year and see how much I can still get. Holding back money for this Christmas's premium time spend and maybe ONE premium ship if it really grabs my attention. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
393 posts
9,670 battles

Thanks for the info, and I "missed it by that much". Was thinking I could get it, but I'll be short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles
5 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

Was thinking I could get it, but I'll be short.

Two permacamos and the rest in non-premium crates is what I'll probably be doing. Pick which out of Vladivostok, Chapayev, Kiev and Ognevoi you are most likely to grind to and proceed from there.

I have a bunch of doubloons I won in game which are good for about one premium crate. If I come up fewer than 75 tokens short, I will consider spending them to bridge the gap and obtain the Lazo. Otherwise they await the next 50% off permacamo sale, whenever that is. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

30 days, or 50 tokens a day assuming the 8.4 patch is on time.  The "pick up extra tokens" method is buying the loot boxes for doubloons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

30 days, or 50 tokens a day assuming the 8.4 patch is on time.  The "pick up extra tokens" method is buying the loot boxes for doubloons. 

A regulation patch is 28 days, not quite matching the calendar month. 54 tokens a day. If I can get up to the 1425 mark, I'll consider a crate; 1250 doubloons and some playing time I would have put in anyway for a T7 cruiser is more than a fair trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,546
[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm an evil ruthless bastard, and I am switching teams as often as is necessary to maximise my tokens on a 500 point grind. It's 44 tokens plus whatever your team got and wall-of-fame etc. etc. 

My initial best guess was that whoever stuck with the losing team and got 500 points a day would be able to get the Lazo if they stuck with it, but it looks like I'm probably wrong and will have to decide which subsidiary rewards to go for. It's the only real problem with this event; too much stuff to spend the tokens on if you don't have the time and/or the expertise to maximise them and grab it all!

Pretty much this...should have known that they'd limit it, event though the event in game states it lasts far longer.

Since I bought a 7 pack, i shouldn't have a problem reaching the Lazo, but if I hadn't i probably wouldn't bother. WG is getting a bit too pushy on keeping players playing daily.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Two permacamos and the rest in non-premium crates is what I'll probably be doing. Pick which out of Vladivostok, Chapayev, Kiev and Ognevoi you are most likely to grind to and proceed from there.

I have a bunch of doubloons I won in game which are good for about one premium crate. If I come up fewer than 75 tokens short, I will consider spending them to bridge the gap and obtain the Lazo. Otherwise they await the next 50% off permacamo sale, whenever that is. 

Depending on how many dubloons you have, a tier 10 permacamo is a better use for them, unless you save for a premium ship during Christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
393 posts
9,670 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Two permacamos and the rest in non-premium crates is what I'll probably be doing. Pick which out of Vladivostok, Chapayev, Kiev and Ognevoi you are most likely to grind to and proceed from there.

I have a bunch of doubloons I won in game which are good for about one premium crate. If I come up fewer than 75 tokens short, I will consider spending them to bridge the gap and obtain the Lazo. Otherwise they await the next 50% off permacamo sale, whenever that is. 

I'm actually relieved to not to have to play so much. Glad I saw this post before spending hours fruitlessly.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Depending on how many dubloons you have

A little over 1600.

If a half-price permacamo sale comes along that's one Tier 8, or one T7 and one T6, or three T6 permacamos. Probably T7 + T6, because my Jervis needs one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
635
[VW]
Members
2,420 posts
14,222 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A little over 1600.

If a half-price permacamo sale comes along that's one Tier 8, or one T7 and one T6, or three T6 permacamos. Probably T7 + T6, because my Jervis needs one.

I’d hold them till you get 5k. A supercontainer might show up and it might give you some dubs. Low tier (non tier 10) permacamos dont do much. You can earn enough single use single use camos or just pay silver fir the standard one that they’re not worth spending dubs on (obviously my opinion). If you cà leverage the dubs for the sip that’s probably the best use. Remember you could buy 10 port slots right now with those dubs, even more if you get a better deal. Or even better, wait for the xp sale and buy alaska or nelson and you get better ships with higher earning potential than the lazlo or a random perma camo. Me 2 centavos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,913
[ARGSY]
Members
10,117 posts
6,606 battles
2 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

A supercontainer might show up and it might give you some dubs.

That happened to me very recently from a Twitch drop. Not likely to happen again for a while, LOL.

3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Low tier (non tier 10) permacamos dont do much.

50% boost to XP is quite a bit IMO.

3 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

wait for the xp sale and buy alaska or nelson and you get better ships with higher earning potential than the lazlo or a random perma camo

Already have Nelson, not particularly interested in Alaska. It's not so much the earning potential I wanted from the Lazo as a higher-tier Russian premium that I could use to retrain captains with. Still, it's not critical; I won't be moving Russian captains up that much, or for a while, and my Varyag will do at a pinch... plus you never know what's going to turn up in the next patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
392
[WOLF1]
Members
2,534 posts
4 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

During patch 8.3 you will be able to earn tokens that can be redeemed for the prizes.

Upon the release of 8.4 you will no longer be able to earn tokens, but will have that patch to spend any remaining tokens you still have.

I hope that helps,

Fem,

can we have a date please? so we can plan for it

also i think give players more time is a good idea, make people happy, they will stay

Edited by Happy668

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,437
[HYDRO]
Members
2,780 posts
4,565 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Already have Nelson, not particularly interested in Alaska. It's not so much the earning potential I wanted from the Lazo as a higher-tier Russian premium that I could use to retrain captains with. Still, it's not critical; I won't be moving Russian captains up that much, or for a while, and my Varyag will do at a pinch... plus you never know what's going to turn up in the next patch.

Next Patch I think the Victory Parade will be reshuffled, this time offering Murmansk. It is a relatively good tier V, albeit with some of the limitations of Omaha. If you must get the RU BBs this could be a reasonable alternative, using all the tokens for unlocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×