You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Does anyone else think the game is fine as it is?

117 comments in this topic

Members
2,420 posts
9,044 battles

Going over forums is such a demotivating experience lately, people mostly complain about this or that.  I can’t be the only one perfectly content with the game as it is, can I?  If I could wish about something, it’s for WG to stop changing class mechanics, at least for some (hopefully) lengthy period of time.

• Cool 22
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[RST]
Members
816 posts
17,089 battles

I'm happy with the game, still enjoy playing, especially with my fellow clan members.

I'm also pretty happy with the CV re-work so far - I find it more enjoyable as a play-style.  I even bought a premium carrier.  It's a new challenge and interesting.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TCNNA]
Members
791 posts
14,921 battles
10 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Going over forums is such a demotivating experience lately, people mostly complain about this or that.  I can’t be the only one perfectly content with the game as it is, can I?  If I could wish about something, it’s for WG to stop changing class mechanics, at least for some (hopefully) lengthy period of time.

You never have been on game forum? Complain is 90% of posts everywhere :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KNCOL]
Members
382 posts
1,397 battles
3 minutes ago, Mikebello said:

You never have been on game forum? Complain is 90% of posts everywhere :Smile_trollface:

Not as bad as the reddit though

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,332 posts
15,132 battles

There will always be things we all would like to see tweaked. The CV adjustment has been trying but overall it's time to just shut up and play. I still don't know why MM is the way it is, sometimes throwing one poor tier 8 in a 10 game.... but oh well, bigger fish to fry than worrying about that when it happens. I would like more maps or different spawns to add variety...

So, yes I am happy, I can play CV now if I want, I don't strafe my own planes out of the sky and can contribute to the team.

[KNCOL]
Members
382 posts
1,397 battles
15 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

The game definitely needs some work in some areas but it's not as bad as what some people think in my opinion

[SC]
Members
386 posts
14,015 battles

I just think having an opt out option on Playing with CV's is a great idea. Also. No CV's until tier 5. Ships below that tier were built before CV's and some have no AA at all. I also think MM needs some fixing too. Lopsided teams and roll over games are boring either way.

• Cool 1

[B_Y_F]
Members
308 posts
8,047 battles

I'm fine with the game right now. Just you won't see lots of people posting they're fine. That's not how it works. 

For WG, I think they learn their 0.8.0.2 hot fix lesson. So now they observe before doing things in a hurry. 

• Funny 1

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

IMO the game is in a pretty bad place, mainly for two reasons;

- The overall gameplay seems to be getting worse with time, intead of gettign better with time, players seems to be getting worse;

- All this CV mess. CVs hard counter agressive plays and reward passive gameplay. They just take the fun out of the game;

The first one there is little WG can do, its on the players side. The second one was pretty predictable it was going to happen. 

• Cool 5

[SBS]
Members
3,842 posts
2,408 battles

No, I don't think the game is fine.  I haven't played since the 2-3 game I played the day the rework dropped.  Dozens of premium ships, over a million free XP, three months and counting of premium time all wasted.  I'm no whale but I've always done my part to support this game.  A paying customer no longer playing.  I know that isn't what some of you want to hear, but its my reality.  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,357 posts
6,757 battles
32 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I can’t be the only one perfectly content with the game as it is, can I?

No, you aren't. You can't keep everyone happy all the time, but all the gripes I've got are trivial ones.

I do wish the carriers would burn for a bit longer. Five seconds is too short; ten or fifteen might be better. I know they're probably trying to encourage CV drivers to push up with the battleships and use their AA to cover them, while not having to worry about damage control while they're busy making strikes, but I'm not sure it's having the desired effect.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,307 posts
3,296 battles
31 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I'm enjoying it more than ever, However I do realize that I am probably playing only CVs 75% of the time right now.   I recognize it certainly needs some CV balancing work but I believe the Meta needed this change and it too has been "Reworked' .   This can be balanced and built upon I believe.  For the 1st time since release all the classes are in play and viable..   If WG can give DD some love and do a little tinkering/reworking of AA, I personally think they have something here.    Subs soon?    I'll bet we start hearing more about them soon.      

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,357 posts
6,757 battles
1 minute ago, RA6E_ said:

Subs soon?    I'll bet we start hearing more about them soon.      

We've barely started the Russian Battleship arc, and French speedy-baguette DDs are probably next. I would anticipate subs right at the end of the year, if they come in 2019 at all, after we've had the Halloween event with a repeat of the subs mission as a warm-up. We might, however, start getting Dev Blog news mid-year sometime.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,251 posts
5,254 battles
56 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Not perfect, but pretty darned good nonetheless.  I wouldn't be raiding my doggo's college fund if it weren't.  :Smile_great:

When I received my degree in computer programming (1988), a program with this numeric "0.8.3" would still be considered in Beta.  A program that is 1.0.0 or greater is in the released form.  So for a program that is still officially in beta, but in early release, WoWS is in remarkably good shape.

No, I don't care what you all say about this not being a beta release.  My generation invented this stuff.  (Well not all of it, but we did invent a lot of this stuff while standing on the shoulders of giants like Turing).  I learned the rules as they were being invented.  It's not my problem if you youngsters have forgotten how to do stuff the right way.  :Smile_trollface:

+1 to OP for the post.

Edited by Captain_Slattery
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ANK-G]
Members
53 posts
7,031 battles

The only gripe I have when it comes to Cvs is I dont believe the fighter consumable should be something that can spot. A competent CV will still be able to get a strike off without it.

[PVE]
Members
702 posts

I still enjoy playing the game.

There are somethings I don`t like but I think that would be with any game.

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
728 posts
5,033 battles

Whether someone loves carriers or hates them, is happy with the game or unhappy, one should still be concerned with the bigger picture.  If any class (even if it were my favorite) was disrupting the milieu to the same extent carriers are now, I would be equally as concerned.  I truly believe this issue is that serious.  It is stunting the game's growth and I care about this game.

• Cool 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
401 posts
3,317 battles

Just bought an AL Montpelier.  Having a grand time with it.   The game as a whole is still decent.  Aircraft vs ship combat still needs work, though.

[SBS]
Members
3,842 posts
2,408 battles
25 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

I'm enjoying it more than ever, However I do realize that I am probably playing only CVs 75% of the time right now.   I recognize it certainly needs some CV balancing work but I believe the Meta needed this change and it too has been "Reworked' .   This can be balanced and built upon I believe.  For the 1st time since release all the classes are in play and viable..   If WG can give DD some love and do a little tinkering/reworking of AA, I personally think they have something here.    Subs soon?    I'll bet we start hearing more about them soon.      

It will be interesting to see how WG handles subs.  I'm guessing the rework didn't go as planned and I wonder if that has WG nervous about releasing subs.  If nothing else, I suspect they will introduce subs into the game in a more careful way, maybe in their own game for a while.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,439 posts
15,885 battles

Nope. It’s not as much fun as it used to before the rebork. 

Beta Testers
710 posts
9,300 battles

I dont personally like the current game. My playtime is down about 90%

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,357 posts
6,757 battles
15 minutes ago, Ann_Darrow said:

Just bought an AL Montpelier.  Having a grand time with it. 

Do you also have the Cleveland, and how do they compare?

[SOV]
Members
2,643 posts
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Its fore tp me as well. Its why ots sp frustrating that there is so much name calling.

[WOLFB]
Members
626 posts
4,971 battles

I am very happy with World of Warships right now.

I played a ton last year and then abruptly stopped playing in December. And then a few weeks ago I abruptly started playing again. And I'm loving it. I just need to make sure and not get caught up in obsessively grinding for shiny pretty loot (the Gallant and the Cossack are awesome but it burned me out). I want the Lazo just because it won't cost any money, but I'll probably let it go. I kind of only play Destroyers anyway so I'll be happy to get a free Ognevoi premium camo.

I dove back in in the midst of the new Carriers and frankly I don't find them all that bad. Sure in a few games I'll get focused down by rocket planes and wrecked, but usually the CV player is spending so much time getting me that my team is doing good work elsewhere. I like the chaos factor that CVs add to the game. It makes it harder but harder is fun. War is hell after all, and this is a war game. It makes it feel more real that you are sometimes in situations that just feel unwinnable.

I'm just barely a 50% Win Rate player but in my most recent 200 or so games, since I've been back, my win rate is about 60%. I'm focused more on learning to play the ship and methodically getting better. I have well over 1,000 games played (I'm talking Randoms here) but when I came back to the game I decided to start over in the British Destroyers. I like Destroyer play and since I have two new Premium British DDs I thought I would focus on that line and really get good in it. So I started at Tier 2 and played a couple dozen games and made sure to win a majority of those games before I moved on to Tier 3. I did the same thing there and then I moved on to Tier 4. Now I'm at Tier 5 and I'm playing pretty well and winning a lot of games and having a lot of fun.

And yes I am also playing some games in my Fletcher (I didn't grind up to Tier 9 for nothing) and also Cossack and LoYang. So I am familiar with high tier game play. And I'm having fun in those games too. Sure, I am sometimes frustrated by a disappointing loss, but that's part of what makes this a fun game: It's challenging. If it wasn't hard, I wouldn't want to play. In fact, that's why I came back after playing a different game for a few months -- that other game just wasn't a competitive challenge.

Someone the other day in chat remarked that WoWs is "a FPS for old people." Hell yeah! That's why I play it. I can't keep up with my son in Fortnight or Destiny 2, but I wanted a challenging and some-what competitive game. World of Warships fits the bill perfectly. All the more so that it's a game that benefits from teamwork. And the icing on the cake: there's a lot of great people chatting in games and hanging out in the forums.

I also like the variety in the game: there's Ranked, Clan Battles, and Randoms for competitive play. And there's Scenarios and special events (Halloween and April Fool's Space Battles) as a fun casual diversion. And there's Co-op when you want to pile on some extra XP without any effort.

The game certainly isn't perfect, but like I said above: it's a war game, and who ever goes to war with all the conditions being perfect? I'm loving the game and look forward to many fun battles ahead.

• Cool 3

[SOV]
Members
2,643 posts
21 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Whether someone loves carriers or hates them, is happy with the game or unhappy, one should still be concerned with the bigger picture.  If any class (even if it were my favorite) was disrupting the milieu to the same extent carriers are now, I would be equally as concerned.  I truly believe this issue is that serious.  It is stunting the game's growth and I care about this game.

The was stagnet everyone said so. Now it is differebt like everyone wanted.