You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Steeler_Nation_USA

Should be required watching for all of WoW management.

61 comments in this topic

Members
292 posts
3,555 battles

Getting all hyped for this? Hmm. Nope, CVs rear their "head".  EXCELLENT commentary by a very good player. 

T10 FR DD Kleber [WiP] - Ambush Predator

Edited by Steeler_Nation_USA
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 7

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
664 posts
4,421 battles

As if WG doesn't know all of this already. People think they didn't have a plan, yet invested tons of time and money into the rework and these new ships. It's hilarious to think that. We may not know wth they are doing...and we may not like it...but whatever it is...it's no accident.

PS...cute frowny faces don't make it untrue..lol

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1

Members
2,094 posts
1,237 battles

If CVs were perfectly implemented and made a much better game...

Flamu and Flambass would still be against it...because the CV is BUILT to obviate the concealment meta.

• Cool 7

[BBMOD]
Members
58 posts
2,905 battles

For those of us that can't watch videos at work, can someone summarize the video?

Thanks

Members
292 posts
3,555 battles
13 minutes ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

As if WG doesn't know all of this already. People think they didn't have a plan, yet invested tons of time and money into the rework and these new ships. That's hilarious to think that. We may not know wth they are doing...and we may not like it...but whatever it is...it's no accident.

PS...cute frowny faces don't make it untrue..lol

The APPARENTLY DON'T know this since they want the consumer to package a four page thesis documenting time and date with pictures, examples, tide levels, etc. 

Here is a very popular player that shares very observable feedback on otherwise a pretty fun line being totally negated by one class of ship. If they want to sell these smokeless/AA fast ships that might be a bit hard after watching this. 

• Boring 1

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
664 posts
4,421 battles
Just now, Grimm262 said:

For those of us that can't watch videos at work, can someone summarize the video?

Thanks

The French t10 DD has no way to avoid anything except use it's speed to get away once it's seen. It's got fast torps..killer AP and HE ...with reload boost. No smoke.. horrible AA. Fodder for CVs. Super fun but requires unique play style.

Members
292 posts
3,555 battles
1 minute ago, Grimm262 said:

Thanks

Yeah, Awesome Yolo, fast ship, with hard hitting torps negated by CV's that can spot and track and you can't really do much against them without said SMOKE and AA capability. Have fun on the new french DD line! -)

• Funny 1

[90THB]
Members
1,061 posts
9,552 battles
2 minutes ago, Grimm262 said:

Thanks

80% ofvit was demonstraring the capabilities of the Kleber as a surprise skirmisher ship. The last bit was Flamu showing how prone it is to CV harrassment dir to its lack of ability to disengage from striking CV planes.

[BBMOD]
Members
58 posts
2,905 battles
1 minute ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

The French t10 DD has no way to avoid anything except use it's speed to get away once it's seen. It's got fast torps..killer AP and HE ...with reload boost. No smoke.. horrible AA. Fodder for CVs. Super fun but requires unique play style.

Thanks. I have been playing Le Terrible alot lately. I have started to figure out how to get around no smoke but I don't have an answer to the poor AA other than to try and hug a friendly ship if planes head my way.

• Cool 1

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
664 posts
4,421 battles
5 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

The APPARENTLY DON'T know this since they want the consumer to package a four page thesis documenting time and date with pictures, examples, tide levels, etc. 

Here is a very popular player that shares very observable feedback on otherwise a pretty fun line being totally negated by one class of ship. If they want to sell these smokeless/AA fast ships that might be a bit hard after watching this. 

giphy-1.gif

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
664 posts
4,421 battles
1 minute ago, Grimm262 said:

Thanks. I have been playing Le Terrible alot lately. I have started to figure out how to get around no smoke but I don't have an answer to the poor AA other than to try and hug a friendly ship if planes head my way.

NP. It's a crazy fast ship. I want one now.

• Angry 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,689 battles
57 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

Getting all hyped for this? Hmm. Nope, CVs rear their "head".  EXCELLENT commentary by a very good player. 

T10 FR DD Kleber [WiP] - Ambush Predator

Way to misrepresent the whole video.  Yes, at the end it is demonstrated that the Kleber can get rekt by CV.  The REST of the video demonstrates how excellent the Kleber is at ambush tactics.  Which is what the DD is designed for.

• Cool 3

[WOLFC]
Members
978 posts
2,392 battles
3 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Way to misrepresent the whole video.  Yes, at the end it is demonstrated that the Kleber can get rekt by CV.  The REST of the video demonstrates how excellent the Kleber is at ambush tactics.  Which is what the DD is designed for.

Which is basically thrown away by CVs in their current form. Good luck being sneaky with planes that go 120+ kts.

Members
292 posts
3,555 battles
6 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

i didn't misrepresent anything. when he spends the last 20% telling you if you run into a CV how you CAN'T play this ship anymore like it was designed to be played then guess what this is an issue. OR maybe you don't think it is idc. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,728 posts
12,115 battles

With the kind of speed a French DD can get to, it is extremely hard to hit.  With the speed boost mod you can have speed boost for all but about 5-6 minutes of a game.  CVs aren't an issue when you go 54 knots and out run torps, fly so fast they can't hit you with DBs and Rockets.

[WOLFC]
Members
978 posts
2,392 battles
3 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

With the kind of speed a French DD can get to, it is extremely hard to hit.  With the speed boost mod you can have speed boost for all but about 5-6 minutes of a game.  CVs aren't an issue when you go 54 knots and out run torps, fly so fast they can't hit you with DBs and Rockets.

Please tell me how a 50kt ship can outrun 100+ kt planes? No health, so any rocket plane attack will cripple this ship.

[TBOW]
Members
1,728 posts
12,115 battles
3 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Please tell me how a 50kt ship can outrun 100+ kt planes? No health, so any rocket plane attack will cripple this ship.

You can turn into their attack and they will be off.  CVs are not used to dealing with a ship with this kind of speed.  Even the Khab doesn't go this fast.  Maybe a  Gaishou can do it, but what I saw there with Flamu, is him thinking, and making a mistake and he admits to it.

[WDS]
Members
1,477 posts
8,231 battles
10 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Which is basically thrown away by CVs in their current form. Good luck being sneaky with planes that go 120+ kts.

I thought his point about the CV was that he learned by trial and error you cant just run out ahead of everyone in the beginning of the game when you play the ship . Not so much that it wasn't playable I don't play either class so I'm no expert just going off what I saw . He seemed to love the ship might add that he says that CVs wreck the game experience in a lot of videos he does I don't think he cares for them much in the game  .

• Cool 1

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
664 posts
4,421 battles
15 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I thought his point about the CV was that he learned by trial and error you cant just run out ahead of everyone in the beginning of the game when you play the ship . Not so much that it wasn't playable I don't play either class so I'm no expert just going off what I saw . He seemed to love the ship might add that he says that CVs wreck the game experience in a lot of videos he does I don't think he cares for them much in the game  .

You are correct. People are experiencing confirmation bias in spades. 

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

The issue with Kleber(and french DDs overall) is the same as many other ships, they require agressive gameplay to be effective, but CVs hard counter agressive gameplay and you dont have any effective counter agaisnt CVs. If a CV wants he can completely ruin your game and there is nothing you can do. 

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
3,782 posts
2,408 battles
1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

If CVs were perfectly implemented and made a much better game...

Flamu and Flambass would still be against it...because the CV is BUILT to obviate the concealment meta.

You're a CV and BB player so you are largely indifferent to concealment.  A third of ships in the game are completely dependent on concealment for their survival.  Until you understand that you just have an uninformed opinion.  Just maybe super unicum players that make their living playing this game know a little more than you do.  I know that's harsh but you're the guy that showed up last week and think you know what's best for everyone else.

• Cool 3

[90THB]
Members
1,061 posts
9,552 battles
45 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

You can turn into their attack and they will be off.  CVs are not used to dealing with a ship with this kind of speed.  Even the Khab doesn't go this fast.  Maybe a  Gaishou can do it, but what I saw there with Flamu, is him thinking, and making a mistake and he admits to it.

Maybe it was buffering or something for you when Flamu specifically stated you still cant dodge them unless the CV driver cannot aim.

[WDS]
Members
1,477 posts
8,231 battles
7 minutes ago, Xlap said:

The issue with Kleber(and french DDs overall) is the same as many other ships, they require agressive gameplay to be effective, but CVs hard counter agressive gameplay and you dont have any effective counter agaisnt CVs. If a CV wants he can completely ruin your game and there is nothing you can do. 

So its kind of like playing a Massachusetts which is a tier 8 ship which is always in tier 10 games not being able to use its strengths . Which are being aggressive and getting in close in a tier where everyone camps and punishes you the second you stick out your big toe . There's only one CV in tier 10 games now no so you should be able to deal with that 2 CVs is tough but 1 ?????.

Members
292 posts
3,555 battles
2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

So its kind of like playing a Massachusetts which is a tier 8 ship which is always in tier 10 games not being able to use its strengths . Which are being aggressive and getting in close in a tier where everyone camps and punishes you the second you stick out your big toe . There's only one CV in tier 10 games now no so you should be able to deal with that 2 CVs is tough but 1 ?????.

What are some of the reasons they camp and punish you? hmmm waiting, waiting... could it be no active scouting, less dd's etc?