Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Georgia gameplay after the buffs ( Flambass video)

57 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,480
[HYDRO]
Members
2,857 posts
4,596 battles

Well, I think everyone with a Mass and everyone who doesn't have a Mass will be queuing for this if she is released in that iteration. She seems to take this type of gameplay to the next level. I don't know if the Engine Boost is needed though; maybe toning it down a bit duration or extra speed wise, especially if you consider how many cruisers and DDs can get caught up by Georgia.

As with all CC content, take it with a grain of salt, it's WiP content.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,988
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,200 posts
14,342 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Well, I think everyone with a Mass and everyone who doesn't have a Mass will be queuing for this if she is released in that iteration. She seems to take this type of gameplay to the next level. I don't know if the Engine Boost is needed though; maybe toning it down a bit duration or extra speed wise, especially if you consider how many cruisers and DDs can get caught up by Georgia.

As with all CC content, take it with a grain of salt, it's WiP content.

I actually watched him play that one live on his stream. I loved his reaction when he blaps the Izumo.

I want this ship bad. So glad they are making it Coal and not Steel.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,488
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,864 posts
4,162 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I actually watched him play that one live on his stream. I loved his reaction when he blaps the Izumo.

I want this ship bad. So glad they are making it Coal and not Steel.

OHHHHH SH********************TTTTTT

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[SRBL]
Members
219 posts

Did he happen to list his commander skills? I'm very interested in that configuration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,480
[HYDRO]
Members
2,857 posts
4,596 battles
1 minute ago, Tom_Greg said:

Did he happen to list his commander skills? I'm very interested in that configuration. 

Sadly not, though judging from the way he played and the way he clicked on each ship it must have been full secondaries ; IFHE, AFT, and Manual Secondaries most likely.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
739
[BNKR]
Members
1,181 posts
1,105 battles

I'm pretty excited for Georgia now. She will have a unique play style amongst the tier IX premiums. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,518
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,189 posts
10,557 battles

Yea. Engine boost isn’t needed. Just give it baked in acceleration boost, like U.K. DD and CL, and call it a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,420 posts
9,044 battles

Great.  Now I have to decide between Yoshino and Georgia.  I was pretty much set on Yoshino before this thread. :cap_hmm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,105 posts
8,759 battles

Coal?

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[DENY]
Members
138 posts
3,149 battles

Also remember that just because this ship got 216k damage doesnt mean its OP  , that's easily do able in any battleship if you play it well/right. I do that in my t8 sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
739
[BNKR]
Members
1,181 posts
1,105 battles
5 minutes ago, Arlensauce93 said:

Also remember that just because this ship got 216k damage doesnt mean its OP  , that's easily do able in any battleship if you play it well/right. I do that in my t8 sometimes.

I don't think anyone would suggest it's overpowered. It just looks like a fun ship to play, and that is by far the most important factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[DENY]
Members
138 posts
3,149 battles
33 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I don't think anyone would suggest it's overpowered. It just looks like a fun ship to play, and that is by far the most important factor.

A nice unique style, I'm greatly looking forward to it. And it does look really fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,988
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,200 posts
14,342 battles
2 hours ago, Tom_Greg said:

Did he happen to list his commander skills? I'm very interested in that configuration. 

 

2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Sadly not, though judging from the way he played and the way he clicked on each ship it must have been full secondaries ; IFHE, AFT, and Manual Secondaries most likely.

Definitely he had Manual Secondary guns on it. He forgot to click ships a few times and they went silent or the one he had lost LOS so they stopped and didn't swap to one he was able to see (like that DD when he had Yorck selected).

Don't know if he runs IFHE or BFT or not? Range clearly indicates he runs AFT and SBM1.

Clearly at least  AFT+MS on the Capt and SBM1 in upgrade slot 3. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
140 posts
11,483 battles

Now I know why I've been hoarding coal (480k+).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
139
[ALL41]
Members
245 posts
6,372 battles

I'm so excited for this ship, I might not even wait until my ship coupon arrives in June.    :cap_win:

 

@20:52 Flambass confirms he's running IFHE.   

Edited by ThumperD702

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[SRBL]
Members
219 posts
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Sadly not, though judging from the way he played and the way he clicked on each ship it must have been full secondaries ; IFHE, AFT, and Manual Secondaries most likely.

 

2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

 

Definitely he had Manual Secondary guns on it. He forgot to click ships a few times and they went silent or the one he had lost LOS so they stopped and didn't swap to one he was able to see (like that DD when he had Yorck selected).

Don't know if he runs IFHE or BFT or not? Range clearly indicates he runs AFT and SBM1.

Clearly at least  AFT+MS on the Capt and SBM1 in upgrade slot 3. 

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try to track down his full spec. Liked the way it played and I do intend on getting the ship when it comes out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[CNK]
[CNK]
Members
280 posts
11,403 battles
1 hour ago, MCBURL said:

Now I know why I've been hoarding coal (480k+).

Same here! Hoarding with 500k+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
238
Members
319 posts
3,580 battles

Does this have the same fast reloading heal as the Mass as well?

I'm a bit disappointed I don't have any coal for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,988
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,200 posts
14,342 battles
15 minutes ago, exray0 said:

Does this have the same fast reloading heal as the Mass as well?

I'm a bit disappointed I don't have any coal for this. 

It might. They did something to it RE: heal or repair as I recall.

EDIT - here it is (and this does not mention the main gun reload buff from 30 sec to 26 sec which was done before this)...

Tier IX American battleship Georgia:

  • Secondary guns firing range is increased from 6 to 7.5 km.
  • Main guns firing range lowered from 21.04 to 20.04 km;
  • Secondary guns reload time is reduced from 6 to 4 s.
  • "Engine boost" consumable is added: action time 180 s, maximum speed +15%, reload time 120 (90) s, 2 (3) charges.
  • An option to install "Engine boost modification I" is given.
  • "Repair party" values are changed:
    • HP/s restoration is lowered from 0.66%/s to 0.5%/s.
    • Reload time is lowered from 120 (80) s to 60 (40) s.

Georgia was designed to fight at long ranges but testing showed that good accuracy only compensates for a low amount of guns, but doesn't sufficiently qualify as a feature of the ship. Considering the ballistics and good speed characteristics, we made a decision to change the concept of this battleship to that of a more dynamic one. Georgia will feel most comfortable at medium distances. Good secondaries resembling those of Massachusetts, "Engine boost" with +15% to maximum speed and "Repair party" with low reload time will allow her to fight more aggressively.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
227 posts
3,463 battles
28 minutes ago, Tom_Greg said:

Thanks for the help guys, I'll try to track down his full spec. Liked the way it played and I do intend on getting the ship when it comes out. 

Aft, bft, and man secondaries is pretty much mandatory. Other then that adrenaline rush or turret traverse for t2 skills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,988
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,200 posts
14,342 battles
3 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Great.  Now I have to decide between Yoshino and Georgia.  I was pretty much set on Yoshino before this thread. :cap_hmm:

Is it really a hard choice though? Everything I have seen of Yoshino shows it being crap like Azuma whereas Georgia looks good and fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,988
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,200 posts
14,342 battles
3 minutes ago, Cakeman826 said:

Aft, bft, and man secondaries is pretty much mandatory. Other then that adrenaline rush or turret traverse for t2 skills

BFT is not mandatory as the standard reload is 4 sec. You can pass on it. 4 sec base vs 3.6 sec with BFT. If Georgia will get the increased dispersion on the secondary guns like MA gets MS isn't really mandatory either. I actually don't like MS as the guns stay silent unless you select a target and the ones on the other side don't work. I would rather they fire from both sides and also that they will start up if I am occupied or too busy to pick one.

AFT for the range boost however absolutely is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×