Avenge_December_7

Why Do The Allied Co-op Bots Always Lose To The Enemy Bots?

10 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,961 posts
7,014 battles

I generally don't have a high opinion of co-op AI, whether or not they are allied or enemy, but today I witnessed the most horrific display of allied AI incompetence I have ever seen.

Before the enemy had even gotten into serious engagement range (there were 5 bots on our team, IIRC), one friendly AI destroyer had torpedoed another friendly AI destroyer. Over the course of the match, 3 ships total, including 2 allied AI battleships became pink, one of which even managed to get a team-kill (and one which managed to miss its target and hit me while I was brawling an enemy BB). Meanwhile, the enemy AI leisurely cut its way through them before engaging the human-controlled warships. Even we 3 humans couldn't compensate for this sheer amount of incompetence that seemed to have becalmed our AI allies that round. With only one remaining human Grober Kurfurst at 4k health and on fire (the rest of us were dead) and the 2 pink allied AI battleships gallivanting off and completely failing to meaningfully engage the enemy, I left that particular co-op battle before it finished.

Seriously, is there some sort of coding difference between allied and enemy AI ships in co-op? It constantly seems that in a fair fight or even when at a slight disadvantage against friendly AI co-op bots, the enemy AI essentially always comes out on top. I get that there needs to be an incentive for the human(s) to not let the bots do all the work or carry them, but can we at least have bots that would stalemate each other, instead of giving the enemy team fairly decent AI and the human team AI which makes even dedicated team-killers jealous in the sheer grief they cause the team?

Replay is attached if anyone is interested in watching the sheer [edited]ry.

20190502_040020_PRSC509-Kronshtadt_45_Zigzag.wowsreplay

Edited by Avenge_December_7
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles

No one encourages the green bots. Say this in chat to encourage the green bots to your side. :)

01000111 01001100 00100110 01000110 01010011 00100000 00111100 01001111

• Funny 4

[TCNNA]
Members
789 posts
14,899 battles

Bot have different ability. 

Look in training room

If you put elite green bot vs normal red bot real player have really nothing to do. 

Having less "smart" bot in our side let us to carry the battle, gain XP, silver etc etc:cap_win:

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
725 posts
10,758 battles

Always set up as if your bot team is going to get wrecked.  Sure, there will be times that they seem to detonate all the things and you lose out, but more often than not they will get whacked.  Support, support, support.  DD's first, then cruisers and finally, battleships.  If you can get your self setup properly map wise, you'll negate the BB's fairly easy and just whack things as they come into sight.  In some ships, it will NOT be easy to set up properly, but overall you'll want to do it when what you just saw happen, well, happens. :Smile_great:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,334 battles

I believe it is done purposely to allow the human players to do more damage. In games where the friendly bots actually play well (it happens now and then) they can take most all the damage in the blink of an eye. For me I just want them to last say 2-3 minutes and do some damage so that when it is just me or me and a couple we have a chance.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,477 posts
2,486 battles
50 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I believe it is done purposely to allow the human players to do more damage. In games where the friendly bots actually play well (it happens now and then) they can take most all the damage in the blink of an eye. For me I just want them to last say 2-3 minutes and do some damage so that when it is just me or me and a couple we have a chance.

I have seen bots get all 8 kills before.

It was with humans in only BBs and CV.

It was all over before we got in range.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,241 posts
5,243 battles
56 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I think you are right.  Good green bots don't leave much food on the table.  If it isn't deliberate, then it's just a happy chance.  :Smile_great:

[REEF]
Beta Testers
812 posts
9,158 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes, I think that if you are the only human in co-op then you have to shine to win, what's wrong with that?

AdmiralThunder - I saw you say you only play co-op, what about operations do you play in those?

[V-MF]
Members
64 posts

Is part of KGB bot training system, comrade.

Bots of Green Party are only naive bourgeois tree huggers.

Only when they join Red Party do they become glorious autonomous defenders of the Rodina!

• Funny 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,193 posts
14,334 battles
2 hours ago, FlashTX1 said:

Yes, I think that if you are the only human in co-op then you have to shine to win, what's wrong with that?

AdmiralThunder - I saw you say you only play co-op, what about operations do you play in those?

Nothing. Did I say there was?

No I don't.