Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

It took 3.5 hours

45 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
29 posts
4,544 battles

Started happy and 3.5 hours later and 10 games with 20% winrate - and now I am pissed. This game is not worth anyone's time. I regret having spent money on it. 

2019_05_02_00_03_52_World_of_Warships.png

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 6

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,642 posts

Your stats say your average win rate is a bit below average.  This means overall, the game is not "out to get you".  

You just had a bad streak. It happens to all of us.

• Cool 1

[SF-13]
Members
644 posts
4,936 battles

Indeed.

The "muppet" factor seems a bit stronger than usual today.....but thats not uncommon.

Have had a few matches where I have looked at the mini map and thought......wheres the "scuttle ship" button....

It is what it is.

• Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles

Bad streaks happen, and on days when bonuses are given out they tend to happen more often. Don't let that get you down though, just take a breather, drop down to a lower tier, run some co-op or operations, maybe look up some dumb vids on Youtube or something. Just relax and remember that it's all a game.

[SF-13]
Members
644 posts
4,936 battles
1 minute ago, Landsraad said:

Bad streaks happen, and on days when bonuses are given out they tend to happen more often. Don't let that get you down though, just take a breather, drop down to a lower tier, run some co-op or operations, maybe look up some dumb vids on Youtube or something. Just relax and remember that it's all a game.

Been running low tier......5's mostly......not safe even there.

[SIM]
Members
3,454 posts
5,322 battles

Just take a break until tomorrow and then come back fresh. Losing streaks are awful without a doubt, but they happen to everyone.

[1KR]
Members
31 posts
11,014 battles

grab a tier 3 and go clubbing

[-BMV-]
Members
311 posts
15,278 battles

When things like this happen OP, leave the game for awhile, grab something to drink or eat, calm yourself down a bit, go back and see how it goes now.

If the streak continues, do like me, leave the game and go shoot and blow up some cars..... on GTA V, or any other game

[DENY]
Members
657 posts
6,963 battles
1 hour ago, Laurpal said:

grab a tier 3 and go clubbing

Lol op could be the seal getting clubbed there ! 

• Funny 1

Members
710 posts

Man thats nothing, in WoT i went an ENTIRE month with no wins.  I had a handful of 9-10k+ dmg games in that month to.  I was in my FV215b 183, did 9500 dmg 7 kills.  Only guy left is a Tiger 2 at 1/2 health, I spot him and take aim he turns broadside to me.  BOOOMM! I fire and my shell ducks and hits him in the tracks only doing about 500 dmg instead of hitting him in the side of his turret where I had aimed.  That was my last shell I ran out of ammo, I tried to ram him to death but he lived with like 30 hp when he killed me.

Epic said times that was.  Win/Loss streaks come and go, only a matter of time but it is fustrating as hell.  I dropped from 56% win rate to 55% over that month.

What broke that loss streak for me was a 10,500 dmg game im my T10 FV4202.  Took 0 dmg that whole game and still had 30 shells left.

Edited by JToney3449
  • Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
364 posts
14,565 battles

Should have walked away after your second Prinz Eugen loss. Four in a row is all I can take...

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
1 hour ago, cgbosn4 said:

Should have walked away after your second Prinz Eugen loss. Four in a row is all I can take...

Mine is 3+ losses. Otherwise, the stress nearly gives me a heart attack.

[IRISH]
Members
90 posts
8,537 battles
4 hours ago, Toxygene said:

Started happy and 3.5 hours later and 10 games with 20% winrate - and now I am pissed. This game is not worth anyone's time. I regret having spent money on it. 

IKR, WG scammed and stole money from me effectively. WG nerds dont give a crap about customers and present a flawed game in every aspect. Now i am just playing standard. They should try to approach reality and hand over the game to a yank company. They even went full komisar  and got stuck in commie times and ban ppl for anything, etc. 

• Angry 3

Members
159 posts

I feel your pain!  Been there too many times to count.  Just give the game a break for a bit.  After a while, you’ll want to play some more, and will probably do better.

[TCNNA]
Members
789 posts
14,899 battles

Someone had 80% win rate......on the other side today:Smile_trollface:

[WDS]
Members
1,524 posts
8,265 battles
5 hours ago, Toxygene said:

I know how you feel lost all 6 of my games 2 nights ago was so mad but tomorrow you will win 5 out of 6 and be happy again . It's just the way it goes some times you have to take the good with the bad . 

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,536 posts
7,327 battles

I do not understand why one MUST win to have fun. It appear those who must win to have fun set an unattainable goal and suffer from failure to reach that goal. Yes, I want to win. Yes, I want to improve each game. But my main purpose of playing this or any game is to have fun.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
1,933 posts

I don't know about individual random battles, because I gave them up as an individual for Lent, but our clan's division, when we play randoms at night, are almost always 80% losses....  We win by accident or when the opposing team "steals a loss from an assured win;...." or, when we "just get lucky........"   This is since the Carrier meta.  Before that, we'd split 50-50 most nights.  Before the cruiser line split, 70-30 was about right....

Gee, could it be that "gimmicks" create more chaos and that, decreases the odds of winning because the "gimmicks" aren't part of the Match Making process; nor, is skill in using the gimmicks???  Ever lose a game where the ships have done everything possible; but, the carrier(s) haven't been able to keep up or do anything other than whine about AA?  Or, one team has 4 radar ships and you have 1 (and, it's the shortest range radar in the game with a new player asking what button makes it work....)  Skill...........or, lack of it.  The skill gap is growing as players abandon higher tiers to have fun !   Skill gaps cause W/L gaps.....  And, skill, isn't even looked at in this game.  Even though, it could be but, that, is another story of what never will happen........

Those 3.5 hours of frustration were Non-Value Added....  And that, is what this game wants to be; aspires to be; and, is working towards:  a fast, low skill shooter, where gimmicks are the sales items and there are no real tactics: just kids blowing crap up as fast as they can see it and shoot it......            Wait: the "Golden Era" is coming to a naval game soon ! 

Edited by Asym_KS

[ADOPT]
Members
282 posts
3,854 battles

I am looking at your stats right now, and based on your post you are essentially dependent on mm to give you good players to help carry you.  And I don't mean this as an insult, but each and everyone of us are in some way (large or small) responsible for our losses.  Stats is just something ez to pick on.

For example: you played 13 battles in the prinz eugen avg 24k dmg per battle.  For those 13 battles your team had 1 cruiser that did half a cruiser worth of damage.  How many battles did you lose where if your team was able to kill 1 more ship they could of won?  That extra kill could of been you, had you been able to at least do enough damage to sink 1 cruiser in exchange for your cruiser slot.

Same for your Gneisenau

[WOLF1]
Members
2,546 posts

i think WG should really rethink about this game, why would a game, an entertainment, piss people off like that, unnecessary, it explains why this game only has 10k players on NA, instead of 1 million

i suggested a mode that sunk ship can "respawn", people won't be afraid to die and will have their "revenge", it would make a much more fun game and everyone will have a good time :)

[WGA]
Administrator
1,194 posts
483 battles
1 hour ago, derzwerge said:

IKR, WG scammed and stole money from me effectively. WG nerds dont give a crap about customers and present a flawed game in every aspect. Now i am just playing standard. They should try to approach reality and hand over the game to a yank company. They even went full komisar  and got stuck in commie times and ban ppl for anything, etc. 

Derzwerge while I can understand being frustrated with the game there is fundamentally a lot inaccurate about your statement.  You should always be pleased with your purchase but nothing was "stolen" from you.  You provide a lot of accusations with frankly little specifics making it very difficult to respond.

OP losing streaks do happen and it can be incredibly frustrating but things will swing around the other way.  Hang in there!

• Cool 3

[FORM]
Members
513 posts
5,694 battles
6 hours ago, Toxygene said:

You are usually 1/12th of a team. If you think you can have the ability to control a winning and losing streak enough to prevent a 2 win and 8 loss run, well... maybe you should stick to co-op. I have a 5% better overall win rate than you do, and I absolutely have hot and cold days too. Those bad days are frustrating, but it is not a sign of the end of times. Typically if it gets too frustrating I logout, go do something for a bit and come back. You flip a coin a thousand times chances are it is going to end up heads or tails a lot more sometimes. That's just the nature of it.

!20181129121237_1.jpg !!20190225223559_1.jpg.00645b20b2ee861a4b221e152f88447e.jpg!!!20181213090008_1.jpg.b13cde4d7a4698e127181e6f92cac8f8.jpg

!!!20190428162551_1.thumb.jpg.bee4d0f2d3b2612c16e64353f39486cd.jpg!!20190224190518_1.thumb.jpg.f9e33d21fa6ab4ebdc293edbd0e646d1.jpg  !20181201122832_1.jpg

Edited by TheArc

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
253 posts
4,076 battles

I've been trying to ignore win rate for the reasons others mentioned and focus on survival and assisting with objectives. I'm a long way from carrying so as long as I'm coming out decently ranked in the end of match them I feel I'm doing ok most of the time.

• Cool 1

[HAG]
Beta Testers
364 posts
5,131 battles

I always aim to do at least 2x the health of my ship in damage to the other team I am a pretty average player but I just try to have fun and be a helpful member of my team.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this