Sign in to follow this  
Truxtun_35

Server Lag or is it ....

14 comments in this topic

[CBEES]
Members
53 posts
3,434 battles

Most nights 10:30pm Standard time there is a Totally different response time to ship commands. I have read that even tho it is a sever based game that ones connection can vary due to the routeing? Any ideas or help would be good. Oh and it is not due to how I have my ships set up. In the A.M response time to commands is way faster....

[WOLF9]
Members
8,789 posts
4,145 battles
36 minutes ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Most nights 10:30pm Standard time there is a Totally different response time to ship commands

What's the problem, Truxtun?  Lag lag and lag, I've not seen command lag to write home about.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

Community Department
2,558 posts
727 battles
6 hours ago, Truxtun_35 said:

Most nights 10:30pm Standard time there is a Totally different response time to ship commands. I have read that even tho it is a sever based game that ones connection can vary due to the routeing? Any ideas or help would be good. Oh and it is not due to how I have my ships set up. In the A.M response time to commands is way faster....

Highly likely it's not server issue. Because I don't see any additional reports about this issue. Many factors can influence. 
If you regularly have the issue, please, submit a ticket with WGCheck report (with extended network diagnostics) attached. Plus attach your PingPlotter report to analyse the connection.

[CBEES]
Members
53 posts
3,434 battles

How do u do this ? I am not sure how to. Thank you for your reply turbo07

[-TXT-]
Members
138 posts
8,309 battles

i don't know, have never had issues like what I am seeing with this recent patch.  lagging so bad that my fps goes down to 2 or 3, from a normal 61. and it wont stop once it starts lagging, have to exit the game and come back in.  I have had strange issues in port as well, like my buttons seem to lag out.  I will try to press them and I hear a double-click kind of sound and then nothing happens.  Sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 times to get it to work finally.  I did have Aslains mods but I disabled them because this was getting so bad and it seems to have helped some.  I haven't had the big drop on FPS in a game at least, the buttons still seem to be laggy in port.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,312 posts
20,171 battles

Port lag has been a thing talked about here in the forums since like two or three patches ago (I forget). Wargaming said they addressed the problem with the latest patch by redoing the look and removing the "player count" from the port screen and I have noticed no difference in lag in port. Still the same as it has been. I also have had a really hard time in battles with the new patch. There seems to be a problem with animating small items as the lag is most prominent with aircraft spawning and AA fire as well as when you have a high rate of fire ship (ie Atlanta) on the screen with another high rate of fire ship. Noticed this in co-op and the lag is bad. An easy fix would be to allow a setting for minimal AA effects like we have for other stuff in the game. The only players who need to see that crap are the carrier players. For the rest of us it is just uninteresting crap. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WGA]
Administrator
860 posts
13,451 battles
8 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Port lag has been a thing talked about here in the forums since like two or three patches ago (I forget). Wargaming said they addressed the problem with the latest patch by redoing the look and removing the "player count" from the port screen and I have noticed no difference in lag in port. Still the same as it has been. I also have had a really hard time in battles with the new patch. There seems to be a problem with animating small items as the lag is most prominent with aircraft spawning and AA fire as well as when you have a high rate of fire ship (ie Atlanta) on the screen with another high rate of fire ship. Noticed this in co-op and the lag is bad. An easy fix would be to allow a setting for minimal AA effects like we have for other stuff in the game. The only players who need to see that crap are the carrier players. For the rest of us it is just uninteresting crap. 

Heyo Taylor, 

We have been long aware of player complaints regarding port lag, we are gradually releasing fixes and improvements to the port UI to reduce this lag. We're steadily making improvements however this is not something we address in one big move. We do have a feature to turn off small object animations which can be found in the settings:

small-objects.png 

Fem,

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,487 posts
11 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The only players who need to see that crap are the carrier players. For the rest of us it is just uninteresting crap. 

No, we don't need to see it... it's always a friggin' blast fest... the bug that wipes out an entire flight with one shot is still in the game. 

Also, when you encounter such AA(A) the game will actually freeze for about a half second, right when you're dropping... which of course, decreases your hits.

I'm going to switch off the small stuff... see if that resolves. I sincerely doubt it, so being skeptical will help me more accurately determine if it does indeed help.

See how that works? :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,312 posts
20,171 battles
4 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Taylor, 

We have been long aware of player complaints regarding port lag, we are gradually releasing fixes and improvements to the port UI to reduce this lag. We're steadily making improvements however this is not something we address in one big move. We do have a feature to turn off small object animations which can be found in the settings:

small-objects.png 

Fem,

Yeah I used a poor choice of words. I have had that selection unchecked for a long time, am talking about AA gun effects, flak, airplanes, and gunfire in the game itself causing lag.  You either need to tone down the graphic effect of all those or allow us to turn them off (save the gunfire) because they are lagging the game. I find it weird that my graphics card is more than able to deal with high settings in WoWP and WoT but it struggles in WoWS on the very lowest settings and with all sounds muted. The problem is WoWS, your coding is pretty horrible and filled with bloat. 

[CBEES]
Members
53 posts
3,434 battles
On 5/3/2019 at 7:12 AM, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains,

I'm sorry to hear about your lag issues, there can be many things that can cause lag issues in game.

Firstly, I would like to assure you we have around-the-clock monitoring of our servers to watch for technical issues that may be impacting players, recently we have had no reports or issues pertaining to lag that has been a result of our servers. When outages or issues do occur, within 30 minutes the staff are usually around to let the player base know and keep updating until the server issues is resolved.

Second, while a speed test will provide you an overview of your internet health, speed tests are generally an averaged outcome of a short period of testing that will not accurately reflect micro-disconnects that can occur which will lead to game stability issues in terms of lag. As mentioned by other players, a pingplotter test can show where connection is being compromised, often it can be a intermediary between your connection and the game servers. Usually these will be resolved within a few days by the server provider.

Third, it could be a local connection issue caused by interference on your line / from a neighboring dwelling. At my last house, despite having a 250mb down line, I had interference coming in from a neighbors line that was incorrectly setup when my issues begun. This was causing micro-disconnects in my line which made certain gaming and streaming impossible (some games have bandwidth to cover micro-drops, others don't).

Lastly, and least likely, you may have a corrupted file within your game files or mod files (if in use) which may be causing stabilization issues.

Here would be my recommended course of action:

1. Remove all mods from your Client.

2. Run a check and repair on your Client (details for these steps:) 

3. Reset your modem/router as per the manufacturers guidelines. 

4. If issues persist please submit a Customer Support ticket, to aid in the quick resolution to your game issues and prevent unnecessary back and forth with Customer Support in the ticketing system:

Download and Run a WGCheck and attach the files to your support ticket. The detailed instructions for this process can be found: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19498/

This will ensure that all possible causes on our end are resolved before having to contact your ISP for investigation.

I hope this helps resolve the issue,

Fem.

Thank you for your reply, I followed your recommendations. They Worked :) After checking all I found that the compatibility mode & resetting my modem did the trick. Thank you again I appreciate the support.

[CBEES]
Members
53 posts
3,434 battles

If I may ask ? I have experienced recently that a DD or a Cruiser can get close enough to my BB that I can aim my Main Battery's down to fire at them. My Question is why the secondary 5" battery's (20 per side) would not do serious damage to these ships ? I play mostly American ships. (old & stubborn :DD:)  Is there a way to focus these weapons in close range battle. Would not 20 5" rapid fire weapon wreck ships in these encounters? Thank you again & I will wait for your reply....

[MANTA]
Members
1 post
1,160 battles
On 5/7/2019 at 8:51 PM, Herr_Reitz said:

Also, when you encounter such AA(A) the game will actually freeze for about a half second, right when you're dropping...

See how that works? :cap_like:

Exactly why I'm here.  Having the same lag and was wondering if it was my GPU or connection.  I'll try the fix you mentioned and see how it goes.

Sign in to follow this