Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarfTarts421

Azure Lane Captains

15 comments in this topic

[MLPVA]
Members
236 posts
3,281 battles

Are we going to get the option at some point to buy the captains we want from this current wave in the premium shop? I can't be the only one who doesn't feel like shelling out $100 USD for the lot of them, or leaving things to chance and hope that RNGesus grants me the captain I want from the Azure Lane containers.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,495 posts
4,398 battles
24 minutes ago, DarfTarts421 said:

Are we going to get the option at some point to buy the captains we want from this current wave in the premium shop? I can't be the only one who doesn't feel like shelling out $100 USD for the lot of them, or leaving things to chance and hope that RNGesus grants me the captain I want from the Azure Lane containers.

Unfortunately, it looks like what you say is the only options available this time.

It puzzles me too, but what can I say? WG does what WG does, lol.

Members
1,922 posts
78 battles
2 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Unfortunately, it looks like what you say is the only options available this time.

It puzzles me too, but what can I say? WG does what WG does, lol.

I'm still holding on a sliver of hope that they might sell the captains solo on the last week of the collab, along with the permacamos. I really wanted to get Cleveland's sock camo.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

It's not like they have any special abilities. They are just 10 point captains with Azure Lane pictures and names.

Members
1,922 posts
78 battles
4 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

It's not like they have any special abilities. They are just 10 point captains with Azure Lane pictures and names.

They have unique voiceovers. 

[WOLFC]
Members
889 posts
5,988 battles
46 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

That most of us don't understand beyond "Gosh that one gets excited at the weirdest moments"

Members
1,922 posts
78 battles
2 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

That most of us don't understand beyond "Gosh that one gets excited at the weirdest moments"

I understand Japanese.

And this may be a surprise, but voice acting is a huge business in Japan. 

[WOLFC]
Members
889 posts
5,988 battles
16 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

I understand Japanese.

And this may be a surprise, but voice acting is a huge business in Japan. 

Suspected you did and I know voice acting is huge in Japan - lots of respect for that work.

But for those of us unable to speak the language, the only intersection is where it occurs in gameplay - and the variation on amount said & inflection provides some hilarity.  

How a captain can get that excited about spotting a destroyer does make me chuckle.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,495 posts
4,398 battles
5 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

How a captain can get that excited about spotting a destroyer does make me chuckle.

That's what's so charming about them, if you ask me, lol. It's so... anime, and I just love it. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
3,196 posts
3,521 battles

For anyone who wanted visual proof, AL ships can not use all of the AL captains. 

520283101_ALcaptains.jpg.a5881d05623c735acd00a857914678dd.jpg

As you can see, Hipper is greyed out for Montpelier.

[KNTI2]
Members
884 posts
5,928 battles

Note that AL captains are not considered to be special tagged like HSF.

HSF was unique in that HSF Commanders could swap between BOTH HSF ships and their respective countries, as the HSF ships were dual flagged as both "HSF" and nationally.

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

AL commanders are only tagged for their countries, though they at least come pre-trained for the ships by which they're named (which is extremely helpful for tech tree commanders like Cleveland and Hipper).

[KNMSU]
Members
5,328 posts
5,553 battles
On 5/1/2019 at 10:43 PM, DarfTarts421 said:

It certainly has eliminated me as a customer on this go. I want to buy, but not $10 a pop randomly, and certainly not in one mega bundle.

I don't understand why the powers that be have decided that no money from me and thousands of others is preferable to some money. It's baffling.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,613 posts
20 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Have you checked the mods? Odds are that there is one that gives you access to the voiceovers. There's quite a few voice mods

Members
1,922 posts
78 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Have you checked the mods? Odds are that there is one that gives you access to the voiceovers. There's quite a few voice mods

Not too sure if I can use mods on my potato PC without hampering game performance.

Sign in to follow this