You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Acura_invader

WG: How do you feel about this result?

71 comments in this topic

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
563 posts
12,118 battles

So, 74% of respondents feel that the game is worse with carriers.

Over 8300 people voted. 

Hmm, well then....

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
3,422 posts
14,785 battles

To be honest. I dont think WOWS wants to listen to reality... New slogan for WOWS

Community: Negative feedback!  More Negative Feed back! Suggestions! LWM and all CCs cherry picking post to fit their narrative. 

WOWS: I reject your reality regarding the current state of the game and substitute my own.

Hard times ahead boys, hard times ahead indeed.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 4

[ALL41]
Members
246 posts
6,372 battles

WG:   "Vladmir says game balanced.     No complaining.    CV's loved by all."

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles

A poll that is easily voted in multiple times isn't very reliable. How many times did you vote @Acura_invader

• Cool 7

Beta Testers
3,587 posts
2,613 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

A poll that is easily voted in multiple times isn't very reliable. How many times did you vote @Acura_invader

Agreed.

So instead of polling us on what type of movies we like and what games we have purchased... etc.
How a about a real poll to players that played at least 10 games since the rework hit in 8.0... sent both on our mailbox and in-game, asking the same question.
See how it is answered.

Since we aren't asked the proper questions, we can't provide correct feedback.
My 2 cents.

• Cool 7

[R-R-R]
Members
1,020 posts
7,835 battles

I voted for slightly worse.

But now I will probably say neutral as I am feeling more comfortable in a CV game. 

• Cool 2

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
258 posts
6,678 battles

I'm skeptical that you found 8,300 players who play on the NA server that use that app.

• Cool 4

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles

Oh look, someone posted the straw poll made by a carrier-hating Youtuber again as ABSOLUTE PROOF that people hate carriers. Is it Thursday already?

30 minutes ago, Francois424 said:

Agreed.

So instead of polling us on what type of movies we like and what games we have purchased... etc.
How a about a real poll to players that played at least 10 games since the rework hit in 8.0... sent both on our mailbox and in-game, asking the same question.
See how it is answered.

Since we aren't asked the proper questions, we can't provide correct feedback.
My 2 cents.

Agreed, and then publish the results so we can find out once and for all what the people actually playing think rather than going by internet polls and the volume of CVetching on the forums and Reddit.

• Cool 4

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts

Come back with a properly performed poll.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,645 posts
1 hour ago, Acura_invader said:

Do you have any changes in the future?

If by the future you mean the next patch, then yes.  WG is still making balance changes to CVs (as they said they would).  Reading the devblogs about what their plans are for the next changes will reveal said upcoming changes.

[TBW]
Members
7,445 posts
13,614 battles

A wise man once said, Nothing. I am not always wise, so I would say, who cares? Two teams enter, one team leaves.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,198 battles

Not sure we need any polls, it is pretty clear the player base is divided about half & half. People claiming a majority feel one way or the other are just talking out their butts. One big problem is how do you determine the "anti" crowd. There are many players who just hate carriers and want them removed. Then people like me who loved carriers before and find the new mechanics and game play just silly. Then you have people who are having difficulty with the new carriers for whatever reason. I would put DD players here who are struggling but there are loads of players from whatever stripe in this group. Defining the "anti" crowd is tough because of the reasons for them to be anti are all over the place. The "pro" crowd is easy enough, they like the new carriers and gameplay. Pretty simple.

If someone put a gun to my head and told me to say what I actually think, I would say that the "anti" crowd has become the minority. So many people have left the game because of the changes with carriers and all we are left with are those like me who play co-op and don't care what happens or those who are hopeful that things will get better. For those who went on about the "anti" crowd being a vocal minority, they were just making crap up and are clueless.

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles

That poll is worthless. Stop using it.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,645 posts
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not sure we need any polls, it is pretty clear the player base is divided about half & half. People claiming a majority feel one way or the other are just talking out their butts. One big problem is how do you determine the "anti" crowd. There are many players who just hate carriers and want them removed. Then people like me who loved carriers before and find the new mechanics and game play just silly. Then you have people who are having difficulty with the new carriers for whatever reason. I would put DD players here who are struggling but there are loads of players from whatever stripe in this group. Defining the "anti" crowd is tough because of the reasons for them to be anti are all over the place. The "pro" crowd is easy enough, they like the new carriers and gameplay. Pretty simple.

If someone put a gun to my head and told me to say what I actually think, I would say that the "anti" crowd has become the minority. So many people have left the game because of the changes with carriers and all we are left with are those like me who play co-op and don't care what happens or those who are hopeful that things will get better.

Last Saturday night at 9pm CST, there were 15K players logged on the NA server.  That's the most I have seen on in a good while. If people are leaving, they are being replaced with active players at an equal or faster rate.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,198 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Last Saturday night at 9pm CST, there were 15K players logged on the NA server.  That's the most I have seen on in a good while. If people are leaving, they are being replaced at an equal or faster rate.

Yeah someone mentioned that there are 128k new accounts. Course there is also a drop in games played so this does not make sense. 15k playing on a Saturday night is not unusual as it is prime time. Really don't see any big increase in players online but honestly I don't notice any more since they moved the counter. We did see a slight increase in players since last month but it hasn't translated into more games played so not sure what to make of that.  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,258 posts
5,267 battles

Hmmm....

Must be a day ending in the letter "Y".  :Smile_trollface:

[SIM]
Members
3,456 posts
5,328 battles

Because there's anything scientific about a freaking Strawpoll. Please stop, this kind of static-filled nonsense just further detracts from any informed discussion about the merits and flaws of the current CV system.

[EGO]
Members
3,515 posts
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Not sure we need any polls, it is pretty clear the player base is divided about half & half.

Nah. Just ask in game a few times. I suspect 74% is a little low.

[KNFA]
Beta Testers
401 posts
3,687 battles
3 hours ago, Acura_invader said:

WG: This is a poll about your CV rework. The result is clear, more than half of the players don’t like CV. How do you feel about this result? Do you have any changes in the future? Thank you.

Link:https://www.strawpoll.me/17702395

B175CF7F-2796-43B7-9E0F-25147B106AFD.png

When a CC like Flamu does a pole that pole is tainted by the point of view of the CC.

There are nearly 60,000 to 80,000 players that play the game world wide over all servers or probably more. So unless the pole above is actually put out by WG themselves (the only ones that can't taint the results), with more options than is on this one, the results cannot be taken as a true and meaningful cross section of the community.

Also doesn't help that this pole can be voted in multiple times.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,244 posts
10,931 battles
4 hours ago, xTrowax said:

[hidden]

Yes, its DD drivers that can't adapt. The great DD rework of 2019 dropped in Jan because DD drivers cant adapt.

It was certainly DD drivers screaming about Haragumo, Kitakaze, and Wooster.

Absolutely DD drivers complaining about AA bubbles and AA ranges killing the DDs planes.

• Cool 1

Members
1,943 posts
78 battles
3 hours ago, Acura_invader said:

WG: This is a poll about your CV rework. The result is clear, more than half of the players don’t like CV. How do you feel about this result? Do you have any changes in the future? Thank you.

Link:https://www.strawpoll.me/17702395

B175CF7F-2796-43B7-9E0F-25147B106AFD.png

5k of these votes come from Flamu's followers alone. Add the fact that Flamu is vocally anti-CV, and that his followers eat up his opinions like word of god, this poll is as irrelevant as it gets.

I always laugh at every person who brings up that poll as "proof" that the majority hates CVs.

• Cool 2

[-WTP-]
Members
1,139 posts
2,148 battles
4 hours ago, Acura_invader said:

Get out of here w/ that fake nonsense .  I found the real one and it's much more believable. 106% of the players believe CVs to be much bestest (like better, only better than better). 340 of 200 polling scientists back my results.   Join us next week when we poll WG employees about which game dev company is the best. 

image.png

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
4,383 posts
7,093 battles

In reality - at BEST - it is just a little more than 25% of the players...   15K were on last Saturday, combined with a useless poll - means nothing. But if the poll was done correctly - then at best it would represent 25% of players.

• Boring 1

[SPCU]
Members
786 posts
5,020 battles
3 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Because there's anything scientific about a freaking Strawpoll. Please stop, this kind of static-filled nonsense just further detracts from any informed discussion about the merits and flaws of the current CV system.

I mean... it doesn't even have bacon on it... what kind of legitimate poll lacks a bacon category? :fish_sleep: