You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Ranked 12th season ship picks.

25 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
1,689 posts
8,865 battles

We'll caught up at work. Time to kill. Thought I'd throw a rock at the hornets nest and ask.

What ships do you think will be heavy favorites in Ranked 12th season? 

Which ships do you plan on taking if you decide to play this season?

Cheers :crab:

[RKLES]
Members
8,925 posts
10,828 battles

Since CVs are possibility at tier X, I would say Republique, Montana, Des Moines, Salem, and Gearing. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,253 posts
10,908 battles

Ship-In-A-Bottle-Liquor-Decanter-1.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,112 posts
4,926 battles

I'll probably test the waters with Republique and Daring personally. Maybe Hindy, but outside of my first ranked season back before the US cruiser split cruisers haven't done well for me.

Also this season is tier 10. Blegh.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,071 posts
8,073 battles

I probably will fxp to the Midway and learn it in ranked.

• Funny 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,990 posts
2,743 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Nah mate, much better to pick a less forgiving ship to FXP and learn in competitive mode. Maybe Des Moines or Minotaur?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,112 posts
4,926 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Well that sounds like a recipe for disaster if I ever heard one. Then again so does tier 10 only ranked...

[RKLES]
Members
8,925 posts
10,828 battles
45 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I'll probably test the waters with Republique and Daring personally. Maybe Hindy, but outside of my first ranked season back before the US cruiser split cruisers haven't done well for me.

Also this season is tier 10. Blegh.

Yeah but still worth gettng to Rank 10 or 9 for the rewards.

[RKLES]
Members
8,925 posts
10,828 battles
41 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

( Message from your fellow CV players) Welcome to the community of Banville, easily accessible via using CVs causing far to many players to hit the report button whether you deserve it or not. And we heard you took the expressway to our community by using Midway in Ranked to learn CVs. Your a credit to our community Of Banville!!!!  :Smile_veryhappy:

Lol Ranked is not exactly the the recommended place to learn a CV or starting out using an X CV, but then again would not be the first time somebody tried doing that and likely will not be the last time either. And far too many players out there love hitting report button just because your in a CV.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,112 posts
4,926 battles
22 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah but still worth gettng to Rank 10 or 9 for the rewards.

Ugh, I have a MIGHTY NEED for the Flint, but at the same time I see "tier 10 ranked" and all I can think of is the terrible slog of soul-crushing pain that was Season 10.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,165 battles

Salem is my go to ship for ranked or CB at tier 10. Not because it is particularly good or I am particularly good with it, but because it is the only tier 10 I have perm camo for and don't like running thru my one use camos...

[WOLFB]
Members
2,550 posts
10,394 battles

CA/CL : Worcester, DM, Minotaur,Henri or Stalingrad

DD: Grozoboi, Gearing, Harugumo

BB: Montana, Republique

These are ships I'm expecting to see with the CV meta but as long as you can handle your ship it shouldn't be an issue

Personnally I woudln't bother with ranked but if I had to pick a ship, I would probably go for Henri, Minotaur or Shimakaze.

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
105 posts
8,211 battles

Groz, hindy, or Henri for me, atleast until I get tired of it. All good or decent AA platforms, and I expect a bunch of stalingrads that the Henri/Hindy will be useful for burning. The only question for me right now is which legendary module will be more useful, the DPM buff for the Henri or the lack of DOT damage with the hindy. 

[INTEL]
Members
9,806 posts
27,863 battles

Does it matter? The team with the best CV player will win. Bring what you like and pray your CV driver knows what he is doing or that you can exit the queue and avoid CVs...

...because I am stubborn, I will probably bring Shima. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,112 posts
4,926 battles
8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Does it matter? The team with the best CV player will win. Bring what you like and pray your CV driver knows what he is doing or that you can exit the queue and avoid CVs...

...because I am stubborn, I will probably bring Shima. 

Huh, I hadn't thought of that. No not that carriers are going to carry, but that this ranked season could very well demonstrate to people that, because they're now more damage-over-time oriented, carriers have less of an impact than they think.

Of course it's also 7 v 7 instead of 12 v 12, so that's likely to make ranked devolve into a whole different mess than randoms.

Members
243 posts
72 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

We'll caught up at work. Time to kill. Thought I'd throw a rock at the hornets nest and ask.

What ships do you think will be heavy favorites in Ranked 12th season? 

Which ships do you plan on taking if you decide to play this season?

Cheers :crab:

With CVs in ranked you can forget about playing a DD, you must be suicidal to try that. So I guess heavy AA specced cruisers like Wooster, Mino and Des Moines. I wouldnt recommend any BBs either since no DDs the BBs will get the full attention from the CVs and all those fire/torp spamming cruisers.

So AA cruisers and CVs pretty much!

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
559 posts
12,049 battles

Almost at the Minotaur and Rebublique but the only Tier 10 I currently have is the Super Grover. I'd imagine that thing versus any Tier 10 CV player, skilled or unskilled, would likely end in disaster. 

IdolizedGrizzledBillygoat-size_restricte

[R-F]
Members
73 posts
8,310 battles

I've really been feeling the DM in randoms lately. Last tier 10 season I finished off in Wooster but since it and DM have a pretty similar window of where a ship can spot you and not be in radar range now I think Wooster has lost a niche. It really depends on if there are a lot of carriers, any battleship outside of a partly AA spec Montana or Slava if it comes out is probably going to have a bad time. In a 7v7 I could see good players winning by bringing a Conqueror to strip AA. With only 6 enemy surface vessels it only takes a few salvos to strip off a huge amount of a teams AA potential. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,806 posts
27,863 battles
13 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I've really been feeling the DM in randoms lately. Last tier 10 season I finished off in Wooster but since it and DM have a pretty similar window of where a ship can spot you and not be in radar range now I think Wooster has lost a niche. It really depends on if there are a lot of carriers, any battleship outside of a partly AA spec Montana or Slava if it comes out is probably going to have a bad time. In a 7v7 I could see good players winning by bringing a Conqueror to strip AA. With only 6 enemy surface vessels it only takes a few salvos to strip off a huge amount of a teams AA potential. 

Conk vs AA. Interesting....

[AFW]
Beta Testers
143 posts
6,235 battles

Blobs of ships all packed together to try to avoid CVs, likely one blob bow tanked towards the other blob...... suspect shimakaze and yamato might be very useful, both for the way 1 can hit blobs and the other can hit anywhere regardless of a ships bow or not... Gearing just as good as shima really too for same reason but at least can contribute a little AA, and lay smoke for its AA cruisers to hide in. Otherwise Des moines and woosters for miles, though the des moine can tank a little.....

....anyhow wont matter as I suspect this season of ranked will be very low in participation rate due to it been tier 10 as well in the midst of the CV rework. Never get the time to really rank out in ranked, but ever since it went from tie 8 my interest literally tanked.

[MIA]
2,480 posts
8,156 battles

Hakuryu, just so I have plenty of salt from the forums to season my potatoes. 

[-BMV-]
Members
311 posts
15,234 battles

Salem, Yamato and Republique.

If the Russian BBs are available and with how close the battles are, i can foresee Kreml be a viable and very powerful choice given how RU BBs dispersion works 12 kms and below. I have the Tier V one and at 12 kms the amount of damage because of the tight dispersion is simply insane. On the hands of unicums that ship will be a nightmare.

Edited by Sidelock

[PQUOD]
Members
1,689 posts
8,865 battles
4 hours ago, enderland07 said:

lol

[CAFE]
Members
1,678 posts
12,197 battles

I am not expecting to see many DDs so I’m probably going to play 4 TB Hak