Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
danbuter

Captain retraining

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
265 posts
1,724 battles

I've never retrained captains before, so I wasn't sure if this is possible. If I have a DD captain, can I retrain him to be a cruiser or battleship captain as long as it's the same country?

[13CLM]
Members
304 posts
1,912 battles

Yes

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
63 posts
5,279 battles

Just remember that if you like his skills in those ships, you don't need to reset his skills and you can save some gold or credits. You can use any commander in any of those nations ships without penalty unlike WOT.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,368 posts
5,791 battles

You've never retrained captains?  You should be moving captains up to the next ship in the line once you unlock it.  If you start a new captain on every ship you're going to have low-level captains on high-level ships.   Choosing the 200k fee to cut the retraining in half is the best way, unless you spend the doubloons or have the elite captain XP to finish. 

Alpha Tester
265 posts
1,724 battles
17 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

You've never retrained captains?  You should be moving captains up to the next ship in the line once you unlock it.  If you start a new captain on every ship you're going to have low-level captains on high-level ships.   Choosing the 200k fee to cut the retraining in half is the best way, unless you spend the doubloons or have the elite captain XP to finish. 

I took a couple years off.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
19 hours ago, danbuter said:

I've never retrained captains before, so I wasn't sure if this is possible. If I have a DD captain, can I retrain him to be a cruiser or battleship captain as long as it's the same country?

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Retraining_Commanders

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
611 posts
6,121 battles

Yes you can swap them between any ships, but there is a penalty. You will have to retrain them, you can expedite this 50% of the way by paying silver, or 100% by paying doubloons.

You should ideally have one cruiser capt, 1 battleship capt, and 1 Destroyer capt for each nation that you build as time goes on. 

[CSALT]
Members
921 posts

If you have HSF Captains, you can swap them between HSF ships and/or same country ships.

Captains move for free between premium ships so one BB Captain can play all the premium BBs for that country.  The Captain will move for free between all the premium ships of that country, but generally does require re-training depending on the ship types being changed.

Sign in to follow this