You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
nickalaso123

Soviet BB drop chances

28 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
107 posts
4,463 battles

Played for a few days now and opened about 15 of those free soviet era crates and have yet to receive a single soviet bb mission while I've seen people get all 4 missions after like 10 boxes. Is this just bad luck or are the chances so abysmally low that it would be better to just grind them when they go live?

Members
7,017 posts
21,809 battles
4 minutes ago, nickalaso123 said:

Played for a few days now and opened about 15 of those free soviet era crates and have yet to receive a single soviet bb mission while I've seen people get all 4 missions after like 10 boxes. Is this just bad luck or are the chances so abysmally low that it would be better to just grind them when they go live?

I purchased a total of 12 premium boxes with doubloons and used my tokens to buy 35 normal boxes through the armory, I received the tier 5 and 6 missions with the premium  boxes, squadoosh with the 35 normal boxes.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,122 posts
7,630 battles

10 premium boxes total, one mission drop.  Tier 5.

I played her a few times and she is kind of underwhelming.  Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Members
739 posts
72 battles
23 minutes ago, nickalaso123 said:

There is second to none chance of getting the missions. I opened about 20-25 now and no missions, and all the guys in my clan has the same experience.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
791 posts
13,106 battles

I too was stupid enough to buy these crates.  I must have been one of the lucky ones.  Purchased 6 crates got the T5 and T8 missions.  Buddy of mine spent $25 and got zilch.  After thinking about this, we have to be pretty damn stupid paying good money on the chance of playing a tech tree ship a few weeks early.  Human nature will bite us in the a$$ every time.  At the very least WG could drop these ships every few crates.   Currently the risk/reward just isn't there.

• Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
2,682 posts

I bought 10 and got 1 crate awarded from the daily.  No Missions.  The last time I bought a bunch for 40 bucks CASH and got no missions or ships... we are now at the the "fool me twice"  point.  No more spending green for chances of missions or ships.

Beta Testers
318 posts
13,103 battles

I had 4500 in dubs and decided to buy 4 crates, was super lucky, got the tier 5 and tier 8 out of that.  Took my luck and stopped since i got the 8

[ARGSY]
Members
22,857 posts
16,962 battles
2 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I bought 10 and got 1 crate awarded from the daily.  No Missions.  The last time I bought a bunch for 40 bucks CASH and got no missions or ships... we are now at the the "fool me twice"  point.  No more spending green for chances of missions or ships.

At the very least you got tokens that will obtain you a T7 premium cruiser. 

[O_O]
Members
6,948 posts
16,789 battles

I bought 4 with doubloons, and got the T5 and T7.  I don't think I have gotten a free crate, yet.

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
460 posts
11,209 battles

I bought two Premium boxes, and about a dozen token boxes.  Still no missions.  At this point I have enough Free XP I might just get the tier 8 when the tech tree drops.  I will probably just save up for the Lazo.  It was a lot easier when they made these grindable missions like for the British Destroyers. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,606 posts
4 hours ago, nickalaso123 said:

You're blowing tokens on crates when they are usable for a tier 7 premium? And the people you've seen talking about getting them are spending doubloons for the premium crates, the regular crates drop rate is far lower.

[AK]
Beta Testers
21 posts
10,869 battles

I have invested all my tokens on the common soviet era crates.  substantial number of crates obtained, with zero soviet BB dropped.

Clan has similar experience, one person mentioned a T5 Soviet BB dropped as only report so far from clan members who have opted for the common soviet era crate strategy.

I would guestimate the aggregate drop rate for common Soviet era containers is easily below 2%.

The better play would be the premium soviet cruiser or the permanent soviet ship camoflages offered - IF you had a desire for those products.  Since I had no desire for those products, I took my chances with the crates.

Obviously in the end, everyone who wants a Soviet BB will get one, so the lack of rewards will change nothing - but the incredibly low drop rate is somewhat silly considering the value of the item being dropped is not high and otherwise easily obtained.  Not a big deal though, and definitely not worth holding breath while having a fit over it. 

I am still seething over the first cross server testing fiasco where NA members were "boxed out" of promised steel rewards though, even if technically WG was entitled to withhold the rewards for failure of NA testers to achieve the 5 cross server tests on other servers.  That I will remember for a long time.

- Klebs

Members
98 posts
1,693 battles

I bought 7 seven of the premium crates and got the T5 mission from one of them. I got the T6 and T7 missions from the free crates. I don't remember how many, think it might have been 15 or so. I don't have the T8 mission, just save up the xp for it when the ships are available in the tech tree.

[PVE]
Members
13,170 posts
27,598 battles
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:03 AM, nickalaso123 said:

Most people getting all of the missions or a lot of them get them from Premium crates vs the free ones. The drop rate is significantly higher there. I got all 4 from a 25 crate bundle.

[WOLFC]
Members
691 posts
26,554 battles

I bought 4 premium crates and have been exchanging every token I earn for the regular crates. No missions with the premium crates and only the t5 mission with the regular crates so far. 

[KTFO]
Members
25 posts
7,599 battles

With crates such as these, as well as previous versions, it just proves to me that WG is capitalizing on my gambling addiction