FuryTomic

The Poi Experience - Yuudachi Review (WIP)

12 comments in this topic

[2CUTE]
WoWS Community Contributors, Beta Testers
106 posts
5,849 battles

Video Review of Yuudachi, an upcoming new ship coming soonTM.

Overview: Yuudachi is a Tier 7 IJN Destroyer coming soon. Infamously well known as poi, or the poi boat, I honestly find her to be an underwhelming ship...

Please note that this ship is still Work in Progress. All stats and configurations are not final and subject to change.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,526 posts
11,840 battles

HO BOY... THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD!!!:cap_win:

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,435 posts
5,491 battles

My wallet is safe. Well, not that it was ever in danger from Poi anyway.

And funny video. I already watched it 4 times earlier in YouTube. :Smile_teethhappy:

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,545 posts
4,203 battles

If you keep saying "poi"...

Members
470 posts

What is it with WG, has Japan insulted them or something? The Azuma and the two WIP ships Yahagi and Yudachi, really, why bother making ships no one would want. What is really sad is that the IJN line has a really big mid tier hole in the premium lineup. For the cruisers nothing between the T4 Yubari and T8 Atago and it is worse with the DDs T2 Tachibana to the T8 Asashio. I know there are the Iwaki Alpha, Kamikaze (and sisters) but they are unavilable and the Shinonome can only be gotten with a long grind in a tier 8 or higher ship.

Yahagi and Yudachi's only hope are decent torpedoes and invisability. The type 93 torpedo ( that is what it should have) did not leave a wake (according to my sources because of its oxygen use) so giving them a 2.5 km dection range is a total insult. I have seen test videos about Yudachi on Youtube for at least a month and it seems they have done nothing to them since then.

With all the problems WG is having with other parts of the game, maybe they need to leave these ships on the shelf for a long time or until they decide to get serious and do something right. (insert note of frustration and sarcasm here) And the camo, did they steal the pattern from the Germans? The plain historical gray would look better. Maybe Poi Pink??

Oh well there is a sale on the tech tree ships.

Edited by GrayPanther2018
add information

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
432 posts
1,488 battles

Does she have both TPB and smoke or can you only pick one?

Shame that she is not in the best state currently, it's the only premiums ship I am interested in getting now. Hopefully they make some changes(I can live with absolute garbage aa though)

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,846 posts
10,398 battles

Doesn't look poi-ticularly powerful eh?

Edited by pikohan
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
374 posts
4,280 battles

That darn earworm...

And I don't understand releasing this in its current form at the same tier as Shiratsuyu. As much as the community despises the strategy of releasing premiums that are nerfed tech tree ships (or old A hulls) at a lower tier, at least they offer something different in regards to gameplay. This... doesn't, unless you count arguably worse torpedoes. It would be interesting if WG did the opposite - buff it and put it at tier 8, where it would have a chance of carving out its own niche.

But I guess Yukikaze is coming at tier 8, and we don't have an IJN DD premium at tier 7...

And as someone else pointed out, is this really the best time to release concealment-dependent torpedo boat premiums?

[NERO]
Members
3,625 posts

Well I'll be getting her regardless. I have to. It's my religion you see. 

[WOLFG]
Members
4,763 posts
2,672 battles
12 hours ago, pikohan said:

Doesn't look poi-ticularly powerful eh?

It does seem like there is a lot of possible counter-poi.

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,385 posts
2,361 battles

i figured this day would come sooner or later. the three letter magic words urgh ghastly.