You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

20 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Izmail utter garbage just like the lyon.

The bb does not need testing it needs scraping.

Utter waste of time like brit freeloader he garbage bbs.

• Boring 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
475 posts
1,510 battles

Ok

[SALVO]
Members
20,922 posts
21,019 battles
21 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Triffid, a lot of people love the Lyon.  I wasn't particularly one of them, mostly because I'm not a fan of BBs with these obsolete turret layouts.  Mind you, I expect them in what you might call "world war one" tiers.  

What I don't like about the Lyon and the Izmail, for example, is that they're terrible brawlers, IMO, because of their turret layouts.  That said, they both have lots of guns, and if properly used at greater range, they have a lot of damage potential.

The Izmail kind of annoys me in that she looks a LOT like the Oktober Revolution.  (I haven't done a really close comparison of the two BBs' looks, but they feel very similar.)

I have the Izmail, and have played some games in her.  She seems OK to me, aside from my general distaste for her obsolete turret layout.

[-K-]
Members
6,452 posts
10,702 battles
29 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

You've played a total of one game in the ship, with 17k damage at T6:

Capture.thumb.JPG.4676efb8cd432497921d800f89cc27a2.JPG

Don't you think you should spend some more time in the ship before chastising it?  How about trying to get a feel for it first and formulating an opinion after 10-20 games first?

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 5

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
14 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You've played a total of one game in the ship, with 17k damage at T6:

Capture.thumb.JPG.4676efb8cd432497921d800f89cc27a2.JPG

Don't you think you should spend some more time in the ship before chastising it?  How about trying to get a feel for it first and formulating an opinion after 10-20 games first?

What can i do it felt off so i let it sink. 

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Triffid, a lot of people love the Lyon.  I wasn't particularly one of them, mostly because I'm not a fan of BBs with these obsolete turret layouts.  Mind you, I expect them in what you might call "world war one" tiers.  

What I don't like about the Lyon and the Izmail, for example, is that they're terrible brawlers, IMO, because of their turret layouts.  That said, they both have lots of guns, and if properly used at greater range, they have a lot of damage potential.

The Izmail kind of annoys me in that she looks a LOT like the Oktober Revolution.  (I haven't done a really close comparison of the two BBs' looks, but they feel very similar.)

I have the Izmail, and have played some games in her.  She seems OK to me, aside from my general distaste for her obsolete turret layout.

Revolution is awesome.

[TASH]
Members
5,106 posts
9,716 battles

And popular opinion says the contrary saying Izmail is broken overpowered.

Can't fix stupid I guess.  Neither side is right.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[-K-]
Members
6,452 posts
10,702 battles
39 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

We both know trolls will be trolls.  Best not to encourage them.

[SALVO]
Members
20,922 posts
21,019 battles
58 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Revolution is awesome.

Yeah, it's pretty good, but it still suffers from the same obsolete turret layout, albeit in the "WW1" tier range where those obsolete BB turret layouts are expected.

[SALVO]
Members
20,922 posts
21,019 battles
47 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

Really?  Interesting.  I guess that I haven't played enough battle in my Izmail to have gotten a solid opinion of her yet.

[SALVO]
Members
20,922 posts
21,019 battles
1 hour ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I'm sorry, abyss, but having played only 1 battle in her, you have no grounds for claiming that she's utter garbage.  If someone wants to say that they're not comfortable in a given ship, I'm a bit more relaxed about how many games they'd need to be able to justify that opinion, but even then, ONE freaking game is just not enough to have a reasonably informed opinion.  Particularly since you like the Oktober Revolution, so you clearly have no issue with the turret layout.  You really should be more patient and give the damned battlebote a chance.

Heck, there are many posters here who have said over the years that they didn't like a ship and sold it, only to come back later with more experience under their belt, and found that that same ship really wasn't as bad as they first thought, or even thought that their first impression was completely wrong and that the ship actually was quite good.

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm sorry, abyss, but having played only 1 battle in her, you have no grounds for claiming that she's utter garbage.  If someone wants to say that they're not comfortable in a given ship, I'm a bit more relaxed about how many games they'd need to be able to justify that opinion, but even then, ONE freaking game is just not enough to have a reasonably informed opinion.  Particularly since you like the Oktober Revolution, so you clearly have no issue with the turret layout.  You really should be more patient and give the damned battlebote a chance.

Heck, there are many posters here who have said over the years that they didn't like a ship and sold it, only to come back later with more experience under their belt, and found that that same ship really wasn't as bad as they first thought, or even thought that their first impression was completely wrong and that the ship actually was quite good.

Ok i will sail it once more for you.

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles
6 hours ago, Crucis said:

My apologies all i was so burnt out last night it was unreal..............

I found a izmail B hull and extra range and upgrades...........

Thank you for all your advice much appreciated and yes i need a break from working im half dead.

shot-19.04.30_19.22.13-0090.jpg

shot-19.04.30_19.12.45-0469.jpg

Edited by abyssofthetriffid

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,367 posts
14,800 battles
13 hours ago, Crucis said:

If you read the description from the news portal, they are the exact same ship historically. 

[WAIFU]
Members
289 posts
9,906 battles
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:46 AM, dEsTurbed1 said:

If you read the description from the news portal, they are the exact same ship historically. 

Eh no they aren't, the T4 Gangut is the same exact ship as Oktober Revolution, Izmail was a class of battlecruiser designed and laided down in a similar manner but with a larger gun caliber 

[HOT]
[HOT]
Members
439 posts
11,975 battles

This is a Git Gud L2P issue here. Lyon was amazing. One of the easiest grinds in the whole game.

Members
4,537 posts
7,377 battles

Not a huge amount of games but so far - I am liking it.  Anything is better than the tier 3-5 teams I had.

World of Warships - Izmail stats.PNG