You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Lakota

Can I get a refund?

74 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
Members
81 posts
6,004 battles

Is it possible to get any money back from this game? Thinking about quitting but I don't want to just walk away from a game I've invested so much time & money in.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 8
  • Meh 6

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

If that was a thing, F2P games would not be a thing.

[DIEBL]
Members
81 posts
6,004 battles
7 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

If that was a thing, F2P games would not be a thing.

This makes no sense to me... Refunds are a thing, just not everyone does it. 

• Meh 1

Members
1,645 posts
1,286 battles

Wait, so you are wondering if now that you are done using the game and what you decided to purchase in it, if you can get it refunded simply because you're not going to play anymore? Sure, refunds are a thing within reason. If you buy something and it doesn't work, you can get it refunded. Many places will even let you return an item simply because you decided you didn't want it, if it was a very recent purchase. Steam will let you refund games if you played it for less than hours. You have over 5000 battles. What exactly do you think you should be able to get refunded?

• Cool 2

[DIEBL]
Members
81 posts
6,004 battles

I'd like to have back the money i spent on the Tirpitz, my other premiums ships and my premium time that i have left on my account.. I could care less about all the crates and doubloons i've purchased..

5 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Wait, so you are wondering if now that you are done using the game and what you decided to purchase in it, if you can get it refunded simply because you're not going to play anymore? Sure, refunds are a thing within reason. If you buy something and it doesn't work, you can get it refunded. Many places will even let you return an item simply because you decided you didn't want it, if it was a very recent purchase. Steam will let you refund games if you played it for less than hours. You have over 5000 battles. What exactly do you think you should be able to get refunded?

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,165 posts
5,833 battles
44 minutes ago, The_Lakota said:

Is it possible to get any money back from this game? Thinking about quitting but I don't want to just walk away from a game I've invested so much time & money in.

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh...

These sorts of games don't work like that.  You can't exactly get refunds for stuff that you've already played with. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,442 posts
8,824 battles
10 minutes ago, The_Lakota said:

I'd like to have back the money i spent on the Tirpitz,

You have 510 battles played on your Tirpitz.   You can't possibly claim at this point that it was an erroneous purchase or you were just test driving it.  You used it heavily for months at least.  It's extremely unlikely they're going to refund it at this point even if you are done with the game.

Edited by Vaidency
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,037 posts
32 minutes ago, The_Lakota said:

The rule as I understand it, is if you have used it in one or more battles, it is yours.  WG can't go giving the money back on their stuff.  If they did, everyone would do it when they got bored and they wouldn't make any money.

[DIEBL]
Members
81 posts
6,004 battles

Well i was trying to see if i could, since I'm going to be deleting my account soon. 

• Meh 2

[TG-38]
1,307 posts
8,000 battles
15 minutes ago, The_Lakota said:

I'd like to have back the money i spent on the Tirpitz, my other premiums ships and my premium time that i have left on my account.. I could care less about all the crates and doubloons i've purchased..

You got a problem with Tirpitz?. It's one of the best Tier 8 ships in the game. Really?

No, read the EULA. 

Wow. You poor dear.

[A-D-F]
8,037 posts
Just now, The_Lakota said:

Well i was trying to see if i could, since I'm going to be deleting my account soon. 

No need to do that.  Just stop logging in.  If you every want to come back, your stuff you paid for will still be there waiting for you.

[DIEBL]
Members
81 posts
6,004 battles
1 minute ago, TheGirlFromIpanema said:

You got a problem with Tirpitz?. It's one of the best Tier 8 ships in the game, Really?

No, read the EULA. 

Wow.

Nope I love the Tirpitz! It is one of my favorite ships.. Just trying see if I could get anything back before I deleted my account, the game is going to hell & i'd rather not deal with it & just go spend my money elsewhere.

[GGWP]
Members
116 posts
11,051 battles
2 minutes ago, The_Lakota said:

I’m gonna be nice, and explain it right and simple. The EULA (Terms of Service) were updated a while ago. In said update, it was explicitly explained how the premium ships work. You paid to have access to the ship, not the ship itself. You technically do not own the ship, but the right to play it. Same goes to currencies and extra digital items. Same goes to Steam and other games, I am afraid. Therefore, you cannot ask for a refund per se. Hope my post was informative and useful.

[TG-38]
1,307 posts
8,000 battles
Just now, The_Lakota said:

Nope I love the Tirpitz! It is one of my favorite ships.. Just trying see if I could get anything back before I deleted my account, the game is going to hell & i'd rather not deal with it & just go spend my money elsewhere.

Why delete the account? That's insane. Take a break for a year or something. Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

[DIEBL]
Members
81 posts
6,004 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

No need to do that.  Just stop logging in.  If you every want to come back, your stuff you paid for will still be there waiting for you.

That sounds like a decent option.. I'll think about that. I meen it is a waste to play over 5000 battles, Earn that 51% win rate, get over 300K damage in the monty & just give up right.

[WORX]
Members
11,468 posts
19,211 battles
54 minutes ago, The_Lakota said:

Thinking about quitting but I don't want to just walk away from a game I've invested so much time & money in.

Just uninstall and if you return you stuff is there. Delete is not a good idea.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
81 posts
6,004 battles
2 minutes ago, _Shangri_La_ said:

I’m gonna be nice, and explain it right and simple. The EULA (Terms of Service) were updated a while ago. In said update, it was explicitly explained how the premium ships work. You paid to have access to the ship, not the ship itself. You technically do not own the ship, but the right to play it. Same goes to currencies and extra digital items. Same goes to Steam and other games, I am afraid. Therefore, you cannot ask for a refund per se. Hope my post was informative and useful.

Thanks you! I wasn't even aware that they changed the terms of service..

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles
43 minutes ago, The_Lakota said:

Not sure how you expect a game to work when the majority of money invested can be claimed back later.

Even Free2Play titles require money to pay for servers, development, staff and more. This money comes in through the sale of premium stuff. So to refund the income just for the sake of refunding it would be beyond braindead on WG‘s part.

[TG-38]
1,307 posts
8,000 battles

Dude, you're a decent player (I looked it up https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1015492118,The_Lakota/). If you are burnt out in just take a break, a long one for that matter. Deleting all you have because you had a bad day is crazy.

[A-D-F]
8,037 posts
16 minutes ago, TheGirlFromIpanema said:

Dude, you're a decent player (I looked it up https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1015492118,The_Lakota/). If you are burnt out in just take a break, a long one for that matter. Deleting all you have because you had a bad day is crazy.

Yepper, I have taken long breaks before.  Burn out happens.  A few months or whatever later, I have returned with a renewed fondness for the game.  All the stuff I have purchased and accumulated will all be gone one day, when the servers shut down for the final time.  I am sure not going to delete it myself though.

• Cool 1